PDA

View Full Version : Nike MX boots

TrapZ400
01-06-2010, 02:35 PM
Im sure you guys have heard that Stewart and Dungey will be rockin them at A1. Whats your opinion on them making boots? I think that they will make a great boot with all the money they have, also they have a lot of money to offer their riders and the sport in general by sponsoring races, events, etc.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-06-2010, 02:40 PM
Eh, if Alpinestar made tennis shoes I'd probly buy them. But Nike mx boots.. I'll pass.

fandl450r
01-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
Eh, if Alpinestar made tennis shoes I'd probly buy them. But Nike mx boots.. I'll pass.

Alpinestars DOES make tennis shoes...

SRH
01-06-2010, 02:48 PM
nike and alpinestars both have there footwear down to a science im sure there mx boots will be good....now cost and style...who knows, but id be surpised if they put out garbage

MX MaNiAc 06
01-06-2010, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06

Hahaha alright I googled them and I take it back, I wouldnt buy them.

KingpinsEx
01-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Def. never buy or use them personally. Nike at one time was about quality running shoes, but somewhere along the way they realzied they could make more money making cheap trendy looking pieces of crap and that is what they do to this day.:p

01-06-2010, 05:51 PM
garb

Mxjunkie
01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
I'd rock them, I have a pair of their 6.0 "bmx" shoes and they are really nice.. People pass judgement too damn fast nowadays. :o

CHAR250R
01-06-2010, 06:25 PM
AXO for me please.

450ice
01-06-2010, 06:35 PM
can someone post a pic of them

m0t0xk1d
01-06-2010, 08:04 PM
:huh

BlaineKaiser450
01-06-2010, 08:49 PM
Those are sick! i bet the quality is top notch also

shane071489
01-06-2010, 09:17 PM
i think ill stick to my alpinestar ha looks like some gay basketball shoe with a boot made out of it or some air forces haha

J.Brown121
01-06-2010, 09:47 PM
i'll wait to see the price and then pass judgement b/c they look sick

ATV Chic
01-06-2010, 10:15 PM
http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/sexyatvchic/258x8410.jpg

:ermm:

SRH
01-06-2010, 10:24 PM
those boots are pretty nice im curious of price

450ice
01-07-2010, 05:37 AM
anybody know if they are for sale to the public yet if so where?

extremeblastr
01-07-2010, 07:00 AM
hmmmm those'll go quite nicely with the jersey and pants i just ordered.

Mxjunkie
01-07-2010, 07:08 AM
I'd say a little differnt color combo and they'd be really nice! It appears as if they don't really restrict your movement too much.. I have a pair of Ricky Charmichael Berniks and they are a little hard to move around in on a quad.

300ex_#387
01-07-2010, 07:36 AM
Those look pretty nice. Look at the carbon fiber peice to help prevent ankle/leg injuries. I'm curious on a price too, but im guessing they will be pricey.

Scottt89
01-07-2010, 07:44 AM
Since it is still in development and it is Nike so I'm willing to bet that the price will be high, but they will also make more affordable models. I'm sure a White on White or White and Black Air Force 1 look alike will be made. Stewarts look like a copy of their Foam Posite shoes. Looks like they are using a Hinged ankle too. That is Sidi and Gearne are using on their high end correct?

01-07-2010, 08:01 AM
As of now those boots are not going to be sold to public as nike made them just for stewart and dungy to race with this season.

From transworld

We chatted with Nike 6.0’s Sierra Domaille this evening, who phoned when we posted the first shots of James Stewart’s exciting new boots this afternoon. To our surprise, Sierra indicated that currently, Nike has no plans of marketing the boot, but rather, will only be supplying them to their two elite motocross athletes, exclusively. She was also quick to fill us in on a few other important tidbits… * Nike created the Nike AIRMX to support its moto athletes Ryan Dungey and James Stewart, by creating an innovative and high performance motoboot. * Nike worked with Dungey from the beginning to conceptualize and design the boot. * Dungey wanted a lightweight boot with an increased amount of feel to the bike. The Nike AIRMX is the lightest boot in the industry and achieves this through the use of innovative materials which reduce bulk. * Dungey contributed hours of testing from day 1, resulting in the final product which will be worn by both Dungey and Stewart during Anaheim 1. * Stay tuned for more info at www.nike6.com “I started talking to Nike about a boot at the end of the outdoors in ‘08,” said Rockstar Makita Suzuki rider Ryan Dungey. “I’d been with 6.0 for a couple of years now and we had always talked about making a boot, and at the end of ‘08 they asked if I would be willing to work on a boot with them. We met with the Design and Innovation team at Nike and looked at all other boots out there and talked about what really is and is not needed in a boot, what works and what doesn’t. We then discussed what it would take to create the ultimate boot.”

extremeblastr
01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
sounds like they were attempting to make a dream boot, i want a pair dammit

Ichoptop
01-07-2010, 08:46 AM
the color scheme looks like a pair of Air Jordans from 1985

but then again, all the new designs for gear this year looks straight out of the 80s

bbender85
01-07-2010, 10:30 AM
i don't understand the motive i guess; why spend all the resources to develop the boot, put them on high-profile athletes, and have no intention of marketing them?

i'm willing to bet that sierra lady is saying that because she was instructed to. which again, i don't understand, lol. i bet you see them next year, after stewart and dungey field test them for a season to further develop the product before it hits the consumer market.

protraxrptr17
01-07-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm sticking with Tech 10s.

zyoung04
01-07-2010, 09:50 PM
or if reebok desides to make some shaqnosis

http://s608.photobucket.com/albums/tt166/zyoung25/?action=view&current=Shaqnosis.jpg&newest=1

zyoung04
01-07-2010, 09:55 PM
if they wanna make some retro looking boots they cannot go wrong with these i own a pair now make scottie pippen proud

ATV Chic
01-07-2010, 10:27 PM
Here's how they should make em lol

[IMG]http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p313/sexyatvchic/2j8rh5.jpg

01-07-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm sure Nike will have a great product when it's released but they are ugly as sin... I want what you're all smoking. :huh

Jake250ex
01-09-2010, 02:52 PM
their gonna say that they wont market them to make people want them more beofre they drop the shocking news that they have decided to sell them to the public

woodsracer144
01-09-2010, 08:21 PM
i wouldnt wear them. they dont look like they would hold up, they have 3 straps, i always am loosen them.... i got to the point where i was duck tapen my boots up...

JIM GRACE
01-09-2010, 09:30 PM
Looks like James is gonna step right into tigers shoes
once Nike dumps em.

feuerstack411
01-09-2010, 10:54 PM
holy hell. do want.

i rock these now
http://www.sneakerobsession.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/nike-60-oncore-high-black-white-spark-green-2.jpg

if i could get those in an mx boot... droool

XXX -rider
01-10-2010, 05:34 AM
looks like Ronald help design them ..

gcart2
01-10-2010, 06:40 AM
if they come out with shox ill be the first customer :p

Nike knows whats up, im sure it will be a high quality product.

feuerstack411
01-10-2010, 06:45 AM
I can't believe some of you are forgetting the major plus side to Nike making MX boots.
Nike is a MAJOR mainstream company, for them to make something for motocross is a pretty huge.

BLU82
01-10-2010, 09:59 AM
Dungey's looked alot better last night in the all black and white. I wasn't feeling the red.... And did you see how fast they made Stewart and Dungey go!! they had a 29 second lead and both were rocking the nikes. I mean it must have had something to do with the boots lol

ryan243
01-10-2010, 10:16 AM
haha if they make you that fast i will buy a pair right away!

bbender85
01-10-2010, 11:21 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Abr_LU822rQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Abr_LU822rQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mxjunkie
01-10-2010, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
I can't believe some of you are forgetting the major plus side to Nike making MX boots.
Nike is a MAJOR mainstream company, for them to make something for motocross is a pretty huge.

Thats the problem with the sport, I remember a post about someone bickering that they see everyone wearing monster shirts just because they sponsor motocross they said it was now "uncool" to wear monster stuff because it's not just " riders " rocking the stuff.. Honestly does it really matter? that money is obviously supporting the team riders and the circuit so why in the world would you be mad about people actually BUYING the products.. The more main stream the better if you ask me I'd love to see mx parks and skate parks in every town like their is basket ball courts and soccer fields some day.. More power to nike I hope they come out with riding gear next!

I doooont get people nowadays at all, I guess high school stage doesnt faze out of some people.. :o

BakerRacing40
01-10-2010, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by BLU82
Dungey's looked alot better last night in the all black and white. I wasn't feeling the red.... And did you see how fast they made Stewart and Dungey go!! they had a 29 second lead and both were rocking the nikes. I mean it must have had something to do with the boots lol

hmm i think red bull has been telling lies.. the BOOTS! they give you the wings!:D

JR3
01-10-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Thats the problem with the sport, I remember a post about someone bickering that they see everyone wearing monster shirts just because they sponsor motocross they said it was now "uncool" to wear monster stuff because it's not just " riders " rocking the stuff.. Honestly does it really matter? that money is obviously supporting the team riders and the circuit so why in the world would you be mad about people actually BUYING the products.. The more main stream the better if you ask me I'd love to see mx parks and skate parks in every town like their is basket ball courts and soccer fields some day.. More power to nike I hope they come out with riding gear next!

I doooont get people nowadays at all, I guess high school stage doesnt faze out of some people.. :o

but how am i gonna look like a original bad *** cool racer if everyone else is wearing it!!!!:rolleyes:

feuerstack411
01-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie

Originally posted by JR3
but how am i gonna look like a original bad *** cool racer if everyone else is wearing it!!!!:rolleyes:

I'm with you guys on this. Who gives a **** about who wears what brand of clothing. Nike coming to MX is an awesome thing.