PDA

View Full Version : Video of my kids crash in 09'

T@AFP
01-06-2010, 09:42 AM
So I finally figured out how to put videos on the web.
Thanks to ETON DADDY.

This is my son's wreck a couple weeks before Lorrettas last year.
Cat scan,Bruised kidney's, internal bleeding, Crap scared out of him and his family, 3 K in doctor's bills....ATV Racing.......priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VuW8SxRzr8

edwardsp&b
01-06-2010, 09:50 AM
wow!! that was pretty nasty. ben did the same at pell city practicing last year. i ran down the big hill expecting the worst. luckily just a few scratches. glad hunter was alright!!!
bryan

Ride1Rob
01-06-2010, 10:02 AM
That made my heart rise to my throat :eek2: . Thank God he was okay. That lil bugger was riding the hell outta that bike too.

T@AFP
01-06-2010, 10:06 AM
I know me too. I watched it 20 times trying to figure out how to do the you tube thing and my ars still puckered up.

quad59
01-06-2010, 10:22 AM
Was that at the medina fair Tom?

T@AFP
01-06-2010, 10:29 AM
Yep
in 09'
It sucked cause him and Brayden Guyer were going to hit the grand stand jump and look at each other in the air for the newspaper photographer. But..... he didn't make it.

quad59
01-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Yeah I remember that ,the wife and I were right there watching, definatley a scary crash.

Gypsy.

#404's Dad
01-06-2010, 10:41 AM
WOW, glad he is alright.

fastrnrik
01-06-2010, 03:05 PM
Wow... scary indeed. Never a good thing to get body slammed and have the quad pile drive on top of you. Glad he was ok.

He was ridin' the wheels off that thing! LOL

greenmachine70
01-06-2010, 03:53 PM
I almost jumped thru the screen to help him. I would have dropped the camera and been over that fence before the quad landed on him.
I dont know whether or not to show it to my son. We have been very fortunate so far. If his mama saw that I think she would put the clamps on our racing.......or at least make my life miserable when we raced...
Very glad he came out ok in the end.
He definitely was giving that track a beating for sure.

etondaddy
01-06-2010, 05:01 PM
WOW Tom glad he was OK....... well not ok but you know what I mean......

OK Bill Gates......under the url that you copied and pasted into your post is the embed line click on it twice (not double click) until it's highlighted then copy and paste that into your post and you'll get this..... Bill Gate has nothing to worry about.......lol.

I'll be getting with you on those bars he wants Red.

Mike Kozura

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VuW8SxRzr8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_VuW8SxRzr8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

zach R 7x
01-07-2010, 07:02 AM
thats why i hate short track racing!!!

i have seen this happen more than once ,and it scares the hell out of me!

i will be more nervous next week at the indoors than any national race we run this year,just to many bad things can happen on these short tracks.

Tom,glad to see Hunter bounced back from that wreck , he is one tough kid!

T@AFP
01-07-2010, 07:16 AM
I hear ya on the "short track" thing.
We're gonna pass on the first indoors. We'll have our booth set up with stuff, But the kids won't be racing.

We'll see you there.

raidernut
01-07-2010, 10:02 PM
Tom what shocks do you have on that bike, and what rear spring are you running?

T@AFP
01-08-2010, 07:09 AM
Hey Mark,
It was a Fox Podium that was waaaay to soft and "worked". Plus I had the tire pressure low to "hook up" on that hard packed dirt. The tires completely flattened out. So when it bottomed out the front and just bucked the rear. That 52# body didn't stand a chance. Since then, Fox serviced them and put a heavier spring on the rear.
Yeh I know the set up was terrible. It was one of those last minute races. Where you throw stuff together to get to the gate. That will never happend again.

raidernut
01-08-2010, 09:57 AM
ok just wanted to make sure. We ran the podium with way too soft of a rear spring ourselves for too long. The heavier spring with your swingarm is the ticket now.

reed19889
01-08-2010, 09:46 PM
I hit a double a year and half ago came up short and shattered my arch had to get it rebuilt. i am glad he is aright

QuadJunkies
01-10-2010, 07:28 PM
We had a similar like that in 2008. 5 G's later :ermm: lol
Glad all is good now !
Watching your kids crash hard is tough. I cant even watch my kids into the holeshot anymore. lol

Speaking of bars.. Tom, have you seen how the 250 build is coming along ? :D
Trying the bars this upcoming weekend for a full test run. Check your PM's.