PDA

View Full Version : Gasket Issue Need Help Please

bcapien
01-06-2010, 09:18 AM
I really could use some help.. Just did a complete top end rebuild.. I added a 416 kit,Stage 2 cam,Cam chain and all new gasket kit.. After breaking bike in i noticed a leak coming from the back of motor around timing chain tensioner area or the lower cylnder(Base Gasket) so i ordered new gasket kit and replaced all gaskets.. Well i still have oil leak.. Its hard to see what area is leaking.. Its coming from the exact same area.. What would cause this?? Is there something i am missing?? Why would it leak with 2 new gasket kits?? Everything was torqued down to specs.. Its coming from the far back around the tensioner gasket or base gasket.. Has anyone else had this issue?? What about the big O ring on cylinder.. Would that cause it to leak in the back?? Please help because i am really getting mad.. Thanks

the Z Man
01-06-2010, 12:45 PM
I had one leak at the tensioner as well as the access caps for the lifters, replace those o-rings and try it..

togup
01-12-2010, 03:40 AM
first you need to find the exact spot where the leak is. If it is the tensioner stick a gasket on with a little rtv,but if it is the jug you gotta pull it back off. A lot of times leaks occur when you inadvertently pry on the sealing surface and voila, a bur that is hard to see and feel but is enough to let oil get by. Also try checking the case vent for blockage, hope you find it.