PDA

View Full Version : ?????

pitcrew
01-05-2010, 09:34 PM
does anyone know if the little air sensor thing on the air box is even useful if my air box is pretty much gone??? i ask this because it must of came off and my pipe kinda burned the plug i dont know how long it has been like that...and i didnt notice any power or performance dif......

kfx400rider03
01-05-2010, 09:40 PM
i dont know what the sencor does or what it is called but if you disconnect it the fi light blinks. but it is fie just to zip tie it to the frame out of the way of every thing i gotrid of my whole air box and just ziptied it and have had no problems

pitcrew
01-05-2010, 09:46 PM
oh i got rid of my light cluster so i wouldnt of seen the light blinkin..i just looked it up it the air temperature sensor....the bad thing is the plug is burnt andc i dont think it will reattach cause my pipe burnt it

kfx400rider03
01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
you might have to buy a new one. i dont know if the quad needs it or not i just know when i unplgged mine afer getting rid of the air box the fi light blinked never tried starting it or riding it.

but if you can plug it in do it and if u have ur clustor lights laying around the garage i would check and se if its blinking.

pitcrew
01-06-2010, 04:43 PM
here's a pic i took...i think its alright it might need to be taped together cause the clip that clips it to the sensor got burnt off. the wires and the inside if the plug r still in good shape and the plug goes all the way together.

pitcrew
01-06-2010, 04:44 PM
heres one of the the sensor and the plug together.

pitcrew
01-06-2010, 04:46 PM
and here is one of the inside of the plug.....i called a couple of the suzuki dealers around stl....and all of them pretty much said i would have to buy a wiring harness or try and find a radio shack or something that carries plugs so i hope this thing still works lol

leasureryan
01-06-2010, 06:02 PM
just hard wire it bro. just put your own connectors in

pitcrew
01-06-2010, 06:36 PM
ya but how do i hard wire it to the sensor there is no wire coming from it ...it just has those two little prongs of some sort coming out of it

kfx400rider03
01-07-2010, 11:13 AM
it should be fine i u tape it like you said but if not u can hard wire it by getting the wire crimp things and get the female end and plug them into it. or sodder it if you can.

the plastic clip that hold the sencor on the plugbroke on mine when i unplugged it:rolleyes: and i just rapped tape around it so it wouldnt unhook but it still was pretty snug without the tape

pitcrew
01-08-2010, 09:01 PM
another question i had was.. does anyone know if u can retard the timing like u can on the yfz to get a little more. im gettin gready to put mine back together and was just wondering if anyone has tried this ???

Drewltr450
01-09-2010, 09:29 AM
never heard of it ive had mine of a tooth or so and it ran like s*** . think its onlyon the yfz

hondaracer_34
01-09-2010, 04:57 PM
The Air Temp Sensor is important. if you broke yours. Your quad will automatically set to a 85Degree outside temp. And i think it sets to sea level? i rode a few days without mine on. no real problems but get the sensor asap