PDA

View Full Version : 2009 Black powder coat DRR rims

mkharris033
01-05-2010, 07:21 PM
I have a 2009 DRR that came with a set of rear DRR rims with 16" snowhog tires. I recently purchased a set of 18" snowhog tires and having a heck of a time getting them to seal without some type of leak. If anyone has any tips, suggestions, tools I may need to use I am all ears for any helpful information. Thanks in advance to everyone.

joe0718
01-05-2010, 07:59 PM
Check to see if there is corrosion or rust on the rim. If it still leaks your local auto repair tire center should have a bead sealer. It is a thin rubbery material you can put on the rim/bead before you air it up. I had a lot of valve stems leak at the core. 3 to 5 psi isn't a lot of pressure to seal it.

selbygirl
01-05-2010, 08:47 PM
spray it with strating flued and throw a match on it thats how i got mine on spray it in side the tire i do the same thing with big farm tracktor tires sorry about my spelling its my up bringing im a shorebilly

Coley'sdad#8
01-06-2010, 08:03 AM
DANGUMMIT SELBY,
Your gunna get that boy there plum blowed up with that startin fluid. you know you gotta go to skool to know just how much startin fluid inna tare wifout gettin campfire marshmellowed :eek2:

selbygirl
01-06-2010, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
DANGUMMIT SELBY,
Your gunna get that boy there plum blowed up with that startin fluid. you know you gotta go to skool to know just how much startin fluid inna tare wifout gettin campfire marshmellowed :eek2:

Chris, that cracked me up!!!!!
believe it or not my husband did graduate from highschool.
I get on him all the time for his spelling, well lack of.
I wasn't thinking when I set this up for him and put Selbygirl....he is a man. the Selbygirl is my user ID for other sites.

Coley'sdad#8
01-06-2010, 09:34 AM
naw I wasn't picking on his spelling, just laughing at the starting fluid for a small atv tire:D
whats weird is that I had to do that trick on a tire on a crane yesterday, I like the noise it makes when it explodes:blah:

EthansDad
01-06-2010, 06:53 PM
is this where the "dont try this at home" disclaimer comes in? cause I tell you, I don't have a leaky tire, but I want to try this out just to hear the bang and see the kids run for cover!

Bens Dad
01-08-2010, 05:42 PM
Well I had a good friend almost kill him self after a rim came apart using starting fluid, and he put tires on for a living at the time. So watch that one!:eek2:

mkharris03
01-09-2010, 06:51 AM
Does anyone sell an inner tube for these tires?? I have tired the starting fuild with no succes. Thanks for the info.

selbygirl
01-09-2010, 07:58 AM
hay harris check your pm

quadnana7
01-09-2010, 02:40 PM
selby girl
don't be concerned about your husband using your site name I go as quadnana and my husband signs in under my name all the time I know some people may think I know a lot about quads but it is really my husband they are talking about not me I really don't know squat

01-09-2010, 05:17 PM
Dont let Quadnana fool ya. Shes a highly talented miniquad engine builder hee hee. No not really just trying to harrass you Quadnana.

selbygirl
01-09-2010, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by quadnana7
selby girl
don't be concerned about your husband using your site name I go as quadnana and my husband signs in under my name all the time I know some people may think I know a lot about quads but it is really my husband they are talking about not me I really don't know squat

I don't know squat either about the bikes.
my husband thinks us moms should start our own forum on here called mxmoms....he said to exchange racetrack recipes. LOL

quadnana7
01-09-2010, 08:00 PM
Hey I'm all for swapping of the recipes
We have had a few dinners with the youth riders families at the races and there has been some really good dishes brought by some moms

DAVYS DAD
01-10-2010, 06:42 AM
OK Gary stop swapping recipes under your wifes screen name LOL
see ya at the races.

Later
Dave Woodbury

selbygirl
01-15-2010, 06:58 PM
hay harris did you get your tire fixed my wife was asking me i think she just wants some recipes but eny way i hope you did take care tommy

mkharris033
01-16-2010, 05:35 PM
i used some tire sealant and they seem to be holding air. thanks