PDA

View Full Version : 2010 YFZ450X - PC5 Questions

Shorty700Raptor
01-05-2010, 05:10 PM
I sold my 2009 YFZ450R & bought a 2010 YFZ450X & I ordered a GYTR full exhaust, GYTR high flow air filter, GYTR billet adapter for the filter & a Power Commander 5...I'm not going to run an air box lid. I was wondering has anyone else ran this setup & was there a difference? Also, has anyone used the auto tuner? It was explained to me, to install the auto tuner, you have to either drill or weld to the inside of the exhaust. Do you think it would help or hurt the performance by having this in the pipe? Is this a good investment? I was quoted $199 for the auto tuner, but I have not ordered it yet. About a year from now, I plan on putting a big bore kit on it & bigger cams.

Thanks for any info!!

hendershot106
01-06-2010, 09:20 AM
Some guys over at yfzcentral where commenting on this. search it over there... some seemed to like the autotune w/ pc5... some didnt....some liked the pc3 better.

Sounds like your well on your way to a good running r. If you go onto the power commander website you can download a map to run with your setup... its for a gytr pipe, no airbox lid, just like you mentioned.

If your changing riding areas constantly the autotune may be worthwile.... the little sensor sticking into the airflow of the exhaust wont hurt enough flow to do damage.