PDA

View Full Version : WTB CVT Tools

FISH ON!
01-05-2010, 04:53 PM
I see people moving up or just quiting CVTs. Someone must have some tools they nolonger need for working on those things. I have the flywheel removal tool, ZTR clutch tool and pressure tester. I like to get my hands on the rest of the arsenal for tearing these things apart like the crankcase disassembly and assembly tools, oil seal tools and any other secret tools you have :D . Having the right tool makes working on them much more enjoyable !!

Thanks!

Todd

edwardsp&b
01-06-2010, 06:23 AM
todd,
come on by the house and ill show you what im using. just picked up some new tool toys for next year at a pretty decent price. Im waiting on the mail to run to get my tiny tac.
bryan

FISH ON!
01-06-2010, 04:28 PM
Bryan:

I'll look you up this weekend............ if we're not snowed in !!!

Todd

WISH1965
01-08-2010, 08:10 AM
is there a tool for stretching the clutch spring and getting off w/o digging into the shoes? Some kind of pry tool etc. made for these springs? Not the torsion spring (I have a ZTR) the clutch springs (3) of them. Those springs.

FISH ON!
01-08-2010, 11:21 AM
If you do a search I think you will find a couple good strings with ideas on the best way to change the shoe springs. With the clutch we use I found the best way to change those springs is to disassemble the clutch versus pulling on the spring. Less chance of damaging the spring too.