PDA

View Full Version : Giving up 4 wheels =[

Drewltr450
01-05-2010, 04:15 AM
Decided to sell my bike, Still needs to be washed up good. Just can't ride longisland trails with a quad. Ill be investing the $ on a street legal dirtbike to ride the trails adequatly. Its going to beak my heart to sell my bike but its time to move on. Ill miss atvriders and the whole sport, im sure ill get back into it later in my life when i move off the island.

2006 ltr450 for sale soon if anyone is interested.

22LTR450
01-05-2010, 08:40 AM
I am not even sure why they sell quads on LI. There is no place to ride what so ever. It rediculous! I lived down there for three years and wanted to bring my quad down the whole time but all I ever heard about was people getting their quads taken for riding the trails and stuff. Sorry to hear it bro, My advice is when the time comes get off the island ASAP. lol
Good luck with the bike and the sale.

fx4pitrone
01-05-2010, 01:32 PM
I thought i just read something in dirtwheels about a great club and place to ride atv's in long island?? I was actually gonna check it out this summer????:ermm:

Drewltr450
01-06-2010, 04:18 AM
There is i live 2 minutes away from it. I've got a membership there its an amazing place, I plan on riding there when i buy a street legal bike to. The trail systems on longisland are still there and are HUGE! and not ridden by ANYONE maybe a select few including myself. With a street legal i can ride all of the trails that are sketchy with cops and dec without worry of an impound or of being caught and i can still go rip up the track without trailering a bike there. Trails all the way from shoreham to montauk untouched by dec and anyone of that matter due to bad economic times and past pressure from the dec. No riders+no dec in the woods= long island basiclly to myself.

fx4pitrone
01-06-2010, 04:49 AM
ok...maybe I'm missing something? So why are quads getting impounded and taken if there are legal trails? not registered? Is this a place worth visiting to ride for a weekend, or am I wasting my time? Thanks

k4f5x0r
01-06-2010, 07:44 PM
in order to ride the powerlines and various state owned trails, you need to have a street legal, registered bike. in that case quads aren't, and can never, will never be street legal.

My neighbor is a cop, and rides hi ktm300exc on the roads and trails and he knows its perfectly legal.. he's the guy that is out in the police chopper trying to catch people in illegal trails :p

shiftyfofiddy
01-06-2010, 08:23 PM
well thats bull****! people just making up crap laws for no reason sorry to hear that man

Drewltr450
01-07-2010, 04:21 AM
The tracks are deffinetly worth checking out its amazing.

The trail system that is left just sitting there is so huge and complex its almost a sin to not ride it. Soo im going to but i cant with a quad=[ especially a 50' wide one. Alot of the trails are single track so even a dirtbike has trouble getting through.

fx4pitrone
01-07-2010, 05:57 AM
Ok... thanks for the info..... so would taking my restored LT250r and new power steering KingQuad 500 (for the lady) there to ride trails be not so great of an idea? Again, I appreciate the first-hand advice/info....

Drewltr450
01-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Deffinetly dont plan to ride any trails if you do come down. Deffinetly check out the track in calverton half of it is a dug out sand pit with nice sized walls that the kingquad would rip on, all free ride style type stuff. 4 tracks all amazing, if your willing to ride with chance of getting cought go for it but i dont reccomend it not bieng familiarized with the trail systems and escape routes etc...

Jake250ex
02-09-2010, 10:24 PM
trade ya a 08 ktm 250sxf...