PDA

View Full Version : The new BURGARD stem - anti vibe

YZROOSTINYA
01-20-2003, 07:05 PM
i have the pics i just have to resize them at work

the stop has been doubled in size and it makes contact sooner so the whhels do not hit the a-arms anymore

lets try

YZROOSTINYA
01-20-2003, 07:07 PM

BadA$$440
01-20-2003, 08:19 PM
they sen you a brand new stem thats was cool of them. What did you do with the other burgards Stem?

Pappy
01-20-2003, 08:26 PM
cool beans yz....i hope this new style gets the job done!! i saw him making them and was like...oh yeah thats my b!tch:devil i will be getting one for teh LRd frame..cant wait:D

YZROOSTINYA
01-21-2003, 04:40 AM
I still have it at my house, the stop is SORTA beat up as it it was half the thickness as the one in the pic. I was gonna send it back i guess. i have to call burgard and see what he wants me to do with it.

what is really cool is he made the bolts longer for the antivibe so i can run it a little losser and still have the bolt touch the nylon threadlock of the nut.

i was gonna ship it back

i wasn't expecting a whole stem with anti vibe, just a stem.

Izzy was pretty cool and kept in touch with me every now and again to let me know what was going on. it has been about a month since the initial problem and i thought he was kinda blowin me off because he talked to me 2 weeks ago and said he was waiting on some parts so i figured i would have it that week but i got it this friday. he called me friday too ro make sure i got it so that was pretty cool. i didn't have a chance to install it before i went riding saturday morning cause i had to go to delware. then had to cjhnge my main jet, oil, and plug when i got home and didn't feel liek messing with the stem at 1200 at nigth at 10 degrees in tha garage. i am going NEXT weekend and i should have my pipe guard and hydraulic clutch by then

YZROOSTINYA
01-21-2003, 04:41 AM

old stem still a little high after putting it all the down and too thin IMO

Sparks425Ex
01-21-2003, 05:48 AM
Sweet. I can't Wait to get one.

Kenny: I think i might run one on my POS frame(Stock)
O yeah and about those a arms.(I will talk to ya on AIM)

I never relized Burgard made great products.

Pappy
01-21-2003, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Nacs425ex
Sweet. I can't Wait to get one.

I never relized Burgard made great products.

any company that responds to its customers in a positive way is a good company. i wouldnt have stood behind him if i didnt think he and his products were worth it. kinda funny....arens sez he wants to sell at a better price...and burgards always has...lol this sport gives us the chance to purchase whatever we want...budget being the limit.:D i like a ton of companies...and i try to support them all

YZROOSTINYA
01-21-2003, 07:01 AM
the first stem was too thin down below and the stop hit the frame too late so the wheels would hit the a arms(when going backwards it would lock up and pinn the wheel, sucks BIG TIME on a hill climb)

the new one is double thickness and the stop hits before the wheels hit the a arms

i have yet to ride with the new stem but there is a big diff where the stop hits the frame, hopefully it does not come into effet TOO early, i dont think it does , just wanna those paranoia things. if it did(which i dont think it does but from going to basically free movement to a stop it looks different, i dont have anything to compare it too versus stock that is)

i could always grind it away, but like i said i havent ridden it and i am almost positive its all good now

it def is stronger down below and the wheels dont hit the a arm!!:D

great price and awesome welds and powder coating