PDA

View Full Version : Bent bars

skyline296
01-04-2010, 08:20 PM
So i'm a jackass, and rolled my bike this weekend, and of course it was only like 3 weeks after i got a nice set of pro tapers!

so one side of my bars is bent lower than the other now, not really bad, but noticeable. Any ideas?

honda400ex2003
01-04-2010, 08:23 PM
i would get a big pipe and lift it back up if it isnt bad. otherwise you could heat it up to bend it too. steve

Ntensweapon
01-04-2010, 08:26 PM
check the stem

KISSmyACE
01-04-2010, 08:38 PM
just remember they'll bend easier next time once they've been weakened. I'm surprised you bent those pro tapers, I've flipped my quad a few times and they're still good to go. theyre usually really durable.

bkelley
01-05-2010, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by KISSmyACE
just remember they'll bend easier next time once they've been weakened. I'm surprised you bent those pro tapers, I've flipped my quad a few times and they're still good to go. theyre usually really durable. Yeah, you might want to check your stem like Ntensweapon said. I don't see your Pro Tapers bending that easily. Unless it was a pretty serious roll.

skyline296
01-05-2010, 04:03 PM
yeah i was pretty surprised too, but it seems like the right grip is lower than the left, and the left feels normal. I'll have to inspect the stem later cause it would probably make more sense for that to have bend.

the roll didn't seem too bad, i was on the ice in about 4-5 inches of snow and was sliding sideways, the snow piled up on my tires, and i basically got ejected off of it and it skidded to a stop on its side.

any good ways to fix a bent steering stem if that's my problem?

jasonanderson1
01-05-2010, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by skyline296
yeah i was pretty surprised too, but it seems like the right grip is lower than the left, and the left feels normal. I'll have to inspect the stem later cause it would probably make more sense for that to have bend.

the roll didn't seem too bad, i was on the ice in about 4-5 inches of snow and was sliding sideways, the snow piled up on my tires, and i basically got ejected off of it and it skidded to a stop on its side.

any good ways to fix a bent steering stem if that's my problem?

not to my knowledge. You could put washers on one side to even it out but that wont hold up to great. I mena you could try heating it up but stock honda steering stems are garbage so that would make something weak even weaker.

skyline296
01-05-2010, 05:36 PM
i eyeballed it real quick, and i'm thinking it's the stem thats' bent, i'm assuming there's some awesome aftermarket pieces out there?

KISSmyACE
01-05-2010, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by skyline296
i eyeballed it real quick, and i'm thinking it's the stem thats' bent, i'm assuming there's some awesome aftermarket pieces out there?

Burgard sells aftermarket stems at a decent price, check them out. BurgardCycle.com and of course there are always other brands too but they make good durable stuff at a good price.

jasonanderson1
01-05-2010, 08:00 PM
hey guys alittle off topic...i flipped my 400 over in my garage to put my diff rear rims on cuz i dont have a jack, could i have ebnt my flexx bars? i no they are amazingly hard to bend.

bkelley
01-05-2010, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by jasonanderson1
hey guys alittle off topic...i flipped my 400 over in my garage to put my diff rear rims on cuz i dont have a jack, could i have ebnt my flexx bars? i no they are amazingly hard to bend. Haha why on Earth would you do that? I doubt your bars are bent but that's a pretty stupid idea. I changed out all four of my tires out at the dunes without a jack...

jasonanderson1
01-05-2010, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by bkelley
Haha why on Earth would you do that? I doubt your bars are bent but that's a pretty stupid idea. I changed out all four of my tires out at the dunes without a jack...

idk i thought id give it a try, i had to put my bead locks on and theyre a pain to put on becasue they fit the hub bolts extremely snug. So i had to lol. They just look a little of...Could i have bent the column? cuz i bent the stock column but bought another oem column for 60 bux new...could i have bent that?

TRX01
01-05-2010, 08:23 PM
just by rolling it over no...but if u wreck, rolling it over yes...but just by tipping it over, i doubt it

jasonanderson1
01-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by TRX01
just by rolling it over no...but if u wreck, rolling it over yes...but just by tipping it over, i doubt it

ok thanx...i no stock honda steering stems arent the greatest.