PDA

View Full Version : 400ex trans problem please help!

yz2stroke
01-04-2010, 08:09 PM
ok i have a 07 400ex. and the chain popped and got jammed didnt crack the case tho.but in order to unjam the chain we had to pry it out basically and it messed second gear up?now everytime it goes in second u can hear it like grinding can any one tell me what that is ? it will still move in second gear tho also

jasonanderson1
01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
so what your saying is 2nd gear is almost like a false neutral it moves but has not affect from the throttle.

yz2stroke
01-04-2010, 08:17 PM
nah its just liike how it was before still basically works perfect nothens different just when i ride the quad in second it make a loud cracking/grinding noise

jasonanderson1
01-04-2010, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by yz2stroke
nah its just liike how it was before still basically works perfect nothens different just when i ride the quad in second it make a loud cracking/grinding noise

i honestly dont know have someone extremely good with engines check, or tear it down. Thats the best i know.

rocky_mtn_honda
01-04-2010, 09:13 PM
probably moved the countershaft enough to make either the shift forks or the gears not engage properly anymore...maybe the gear itself isnt riding on its sleeve anymore. at any rate, id be splittin the cases this winter asap and going through everything with a fine tooth comb.

badboystrue
01-09-2010, 01:23 PM
What gear were you in when it came off 2nd?

honda300EXtreme
01-09-2010, 05:47 PM
its hard to tell with out hearing it, and this is definatley not a common issue,

but tranny noises are nothing to shrug off, split the cases and give it a good inspection. if a bent shift fork turns into a broke one, your goin to have real issues