PDA

View Full Version : Donatate??

honda01400ex
01-04-2010, 06:33 PM
hi guys i know thos sounds a little crazy but i have been interested in quads all my life and after saving up my money i bought a 400ex im getting into racing and gonna be racing at bremen mx and big cedar mx here in ga..im not a cheep-o trying to get free stuff im a kid serious about racing and trying to start out racing with just my mom to help me its tough and even harder with no dad around to help me. but i truly wanna race and im going to do it ..i have a job and make money and i spent it on motor and power mods..

anything you could donate to help i would much appreciate it :D

ill cover shipping

my main need is tires maybe is someone has some takeoffs that are laying around ?? i dont care what shape there in they just need tread on them

thanks so much guys :D ,

sincerly, Connor Grupe

like i said anything will help !!

jkiserracing
01-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Hey bud,
I might can help you a little bit. I live in GA too. I race over at Bremen sometimes as well. Anyway you can contact me by email at jkiserracing@yahoo.com I may have some tires for you but not sure yet.
Jimmy

IRISH-RACER-14
01-05-2010, 06:16 PM
i wish i couldd get some free stuff lol. come on guys help this kid out

honda01400ex
01-05-2010, 06:19 PM
hey man cool thanks so much anything will help rly tires is the only thing holding me back from racing and training my goal this summer is to get some beadlocks and widen the bike...im great at ridden but with a pretty stock bike its hard to work with that.

thanks,
Connor

honda01400ex
01-05-2010, 06:22 PM
IRISH-RACER-14
hey thanks man im trying my hardest, ridding everytime i can ride im at the track tearing it up. it sucks when you have a talent but money is holding you back

gnhmoto
01-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by honda01400ex
IRISH-RACER-14
hey thanks man im trying my hardest, ridding everytime i can ride im at the track tearing it up. it sucks when you have a talent but money is holding you back

Get a loan from the bank. Thats what i did. I'm 16 with a 450r. Ive paid for everything done everything on my own. And i trained hard and rode hard. and this last summer i went from middle c class to the top to the top of b and now im middle a class. I would try to get a loan, Get you started fairly good and just pay your payments each month on time. You can do it. I did

IRISH-RACER-14
01-05-2010, 06:58 PM
how much of a loan did u get

honda01400ex
01-05-2010, 07:17 PM
how much did they loan you?? gnhmoto?

and how much did it cost you to set up your bike to race??

ss440ex
01-05-2010, 08:07 PM
Can we see some pics of your quad?

It will give us an idea of what your needing.....

And it a 400ex correct?

IRISH-RACER-14
01-05-2010, 08:33 PM
well to get u started mabey just start with suspension and see how faster that will make u.

honda01400ex
01-05-2010, 08:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3LAB2Yua7I

that is what the quad look like and you can see in vid how shot the tires are

the upgrades it has my mom has paid for and she cant do anymore so im sellin crap of mine for money

im trying my hardest to get money to buy some elkas from a guy on here he gave me a damn good price! so im seling everything i can of mine to get money!

honda01400ex
01-05-2010, 08:50 PM
right now i rly need

tires

a lock nut for the axel

air filter

number plates!
skid plate (wrecked last week and ripped off skid) (the track wasnt groomed but now i ca ride there for free!!!)

clutch lever

and im gonna try to get shocks

gnhmoto
01-05-2010, 10:40 PM
I have two seperate loans. one i still owe 4250 and another around 1300

honda01400ex
01-06-2010, 04:33 AM
what did you buy for your bike??

IRISH-RACER-14
01-06-2010, 01:07 PM
ok kid. im gona try help u out here. first, dont be spending ur money on thing u dont need. try get a job if possible. work u *** off and u will be rewarded. train hard. go to ur local atv shop. try get sponsered by local business's

honda01400ex
01-06-2010, 01:16 PM
i called my local shop and went into the local shop here and they dont sponcer. i have a account on the loopd.com and i can apply for sponcerships. i have sent a few in and no reponce yet. plus if im not on a race team there not just gonna send me free parts i need. I do have a job but i can only work 6 hrs a week at 7.50 hr so do the math thats 180 a month that wont even buy new tires :grr: how can i fix up my bike with that?? or much less go buy a 450 and get it ready to race? It seems impossible right now

gnhmoto
01-06-2010, 02:48 PM
My bike is fully modded out. its an 05 450R. Got a laeger PEP long travel front end. Full Rage national Motor. DWT with maxxis all around. use to have a rear end but sold it so now im workin on getting a new one. I work anywhere from 20 to 40 hours a week and make 100 to 250 a week. I get paid 8 bucks an hour.

atl_josh
01-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Where about in ga do you guys live? I live in McDonough and just got my quad running and will try to hit up some tracks in the next week or two. Maybe we can get together to ride.
Also honda, you can get cheap tires from ATVTIREKING.COM, tiresunlimited.com and EBAY!

honda01400ex
01-06-2010, 05:56 PM
hey man!! im going to DURHAMTOWN PLANTATION to ride this saterday and they have everything there

9 MX TRACKS!!
FREESTYLE!!
6,000 acres of trails!!!
And mudding!

im going to be there saterday morning to ride and were gonna ride till dark!

call me if you wanna meet us there 678-447-4744

30 bucks to ride and bring gas

atl_josh
01-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Where do you live? I may not be able to go this weekend but next weekend for sure. I dont have access to a truck however I have a trailer..

honda01400ex
01-07-2010, 03:50 AM
i live in marietta but im going this saterday idk if im going next week but ill keep you posted

honda01400ex
01-08-2010, 08:57 AM
bump

250x_kyle
01-08-2010, 12:15 PM
it will come with time. try to find a new job? 6 hours a week is pritty pathetic. the harder and more you work the better your reward will be. i bought my first sports quad at 14 with money from worken on a farm. turned it into a yz400f hybrid a year later, and bought a 450r 6 months after that. since then ive parted my 450r out and currently looking for a yzf hybrid frame to start a build. dont waste money on stuipd things. save for the important things like suspension. do realise that when you ride hard stuff is going to break.

honda01400ex
01-10-2010, 10:50 AM
that is all i can work due to being a high school student..and ya im gonna just try to get the essentials first then get other crap later

Jonhyboi
01-10-2010, 05:21 PM
well dang there are a couple of ga riders on here. I'm from Richmond Hill. they let quads back in Bremen now?

atl_josh
01-10-2010, 07:27 PM
Im just starting back, I think I heard they have races there. However I am testing me newly built 440 at Broad River this weekend,.

www.newrockcity.net/quad

Can someone take a pic of the bottom of their back seat? I have to reattach the seat to the plastic and not sure how the parts go.

Brad77
01-11-2010, 09:01 AM
Can someone take a pic of the bottom of their back seat? I have to reattach the seat to the plastic and not sure how the parts go.

There used to be some sites that had parts diagrams on them. Cant remember what sites had them though.

I will check and see if I still have a seat with the stock hardware on it and take a pic.

honda01400ex
01-11-2010, 11:07 AM
hey i saw that 440ex on craigslist did you buy it?

atl_josh
01-11-2010, 12:03 PM
Nope just decided I really didn't want to sell it. =] I put a lot of money into the rebuild and figured I wasn't going to get close to what I put in and I don't really want to lose out. So maybe I will try and jump into some races this year.

honda01400ex
01-11-2010, 05:21 PM
sweet! i came so close to buying it but you took posting down

ballzdeep38
01-11-2010, 06:16 PM
I dont have anything to offer as far as parts but here is something to think about. liek was mentioned earlier try to get another job. i didnt catch how old you are but if you are still in high school i know there are limits to how many hours you can work a week. so think about it like this if a set of maxxis razrs are what? $55 a piece roughly? which means you need to be prepared to spend about $150 bucks and like you said that would take a month. so why not find a way to get a better deal on parts? maybe you get those tires for $30 a piece that makes a big difference. the reason i say that is because of this fact. i have worked in 2 different shops in california. one was very small, one was pretty much the biggest period. at both shops with my employee discount i got a better deal than riders who were "sponsored". so if you are going to make crap money anyway why not make crap money at a place where your employee discount comes in handy? hell i knew a kid who was a sophmore in high school who used to move and wash bikes after school. he got minimum wage i think, but he had a good deiscount on parts and gear. then during the summer he got moved up to an actual parts guy and started making a little more. think outside the box and you can make things happen alot easier.

also make sure you spend your money on things to improve performance. bling doesnt make you any faster.

next figure out what class you are going to race and build your bike accordingly. there may be limits on suspension and motor mods that you may accidently waste money on. hell why not run a stock class? then you wouldnt need to upgrade suspension to much? figure out a plan before you start modding the bike.

honda01400ex
01-11-2010, 06:31 PM
thanks for the help and i just turned 16. there are 2 motocross/ quad shops here were i live and they both have no openings. I was thinkin the same thing about getting employe discount. I cant get another job b/c i have to help my mom out at school...what would you suggest i get next after tires???

my sig. has all of my upgrades right now so far

atl_josh
01-11-2010, 08:17 PM
start working on your suspension if you are going to race this year, atleast throw on some 450r shocks. I think thats what I may do.

honda01400ex
01-12-2010, 06:54 AM
ya thats what im gonna try to do did you paint your frame?? and nerf bars?? or powdercoat them

atl_josh
01-12-2010, 08:38 AM
Painted them with hitemp paint. Too cheap right now to pc. I did however sand blast them. The finish looks good and no sign of chipping.

honda01400ex
01-12-2010, 08:54 AM
what brand paint??

atl_josh
01-12-2010, 08:57 AM
I will find out, got it from autozone i think... its pretty much engine paint.

honda01400ex
01-12-2010, 10:11 AM
sweet it looks great

honda01400ex
01-17-2010, 07:56 PM
HEY IM SELLING SOME PARTS TO GET MONEY TO RACE CAN ANY OF YALL BUY SOME TO HELP ME OUT

- STOCK BARS WITH HONDA COVER AND SCOTT GRIPS
- AIR BOX COVER WITH MINI AIR VENTS
-OEM BUMBER
-OEM RIMS WITH MAXXIS TIRES PC GLOSS BLACK
-OEM SNORKEL
-HEADLIGHT
-TAIL LIGHT COVER

yfzfelix
01-18-2010, 12:38 AM
OK guys I am donating a 450r rear shock to help this kid out, I know times are tough but this kid is trying to race and needs some help, does anyone have a set of front 450r shocks to donate or sell cheap to help out ? it would be a great upgrade from his stock shocks, and if any one has a good set of used MX tires for a good price I would be willing to throw a few dollars towards the cost to help the kid out, I'm not rolling in cash by any means but if we can get some members to throw a 20 spot in together we can help him get racing and he could post up a thread showing the updates, the kid has the passion and needs a little help, what do you guys say ? Steve

honda01400ex
01-18-2010, 08:22 AM
thanks so much steve i found some one that will donate me some dunlop quadmax tires with decent tread but the problem is i have 9 inch rear rims and i need like oem ltr450r rims that are 8 inch so im trying to find ltr rims so i can use the tires he is going to donate

honda01400ex
01-18-2010, 09:03 AM
ok so i did a little research and the 450r rear shock that steve is donating will work great i am going to have to remove the snorkel and plug and water proof it which will be easy and then either get a k&n power lid and or make my own outer wears lid..but i have to buy new oil and sparkplugs today so i was wondering if i could use pany hose instead of a outerwear?? i can make a bracket for the top so im gonna try it out...if anyone has an old oterwear or prefilter there going to though out could you please donate it

thanks so much guys yal are awsome and supportive!!:D

yfzfelix
01-18-2010, 06:52 PM
its nice to see that some one else is donating tires to help, I will have the shock on the way in a day or 2, it will take some time to get there because I am on the left coast, I did the 450r shock upgrade on my 460ex and the ride is so much better than the stock ex shocks, it would be nice to find a set of front shocks to go with the rear, Steve

honda01400ex
01-18-2010, 06:56 PM
ya hopefully but the shock your sending will make a major improvement and maybe i can sell my stock rear and then buy some 450r fronts for cheap

nightmare311
01-19-2010, 03:15 PM
hey man.. i mite have some thing to help ya out.. i race at bremen
and we have a small track in douglasville we ride at e-mail me sometime and i will shoot you my number
chris

tdycus
01-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Hey bud I have a set of rear alum. beadlocks 9in. i'll trade you your tail light. Just let me no Thanks Tim

Ruby Soho
01-20-2010, 09:45 PM
ill donate some advice

get a job like the rest of us.

honda01400ex
01-20-2010, 09:55 PM
hey Ruby Soho i have a job and i can only work for 7 hrs a week b/c of school and home life im trying to make as much money as possible i even sold my streo and tv and xbox so i could get bearings and brake pads! im doing everythign humanly possible

yfzfelix
01-21-2010, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Ruby Soho
ill donate some advice

get a job like the rest of us. you might read the thread, he is a kid who goes to school and does work, he asked if anyone could donate to help him out so he could race, there is nothing wrong with that, if your advice is all you can offer you should keep you pie hole closed, Steve

honda01400ex
01-21-2010, 06:49 PM
thanks steve im not trying to ripe anyone off..if he has a problem with me askin for help he can go comment on someone elses thread

Eclipsemike
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
hey honda i wish i could help you out with some parts that would work for your but i am in the process of fixing up a couple things on my 450r. i am also using hand me down tires. as of now..... i think the rear shock that he is donating to you will help improve your rear end handling much better over your stock 400 ex shock. if you find a pair of 450 fronts to go along with it, it will make a night and day difference. i dont exactly know what year your 400 is but i do know that a stock 450 r swinger will work on 400 ex with one inch longer in length. you could also use a gt thunder link with the stock 450 swinger and it should make goin over "whoops" alot smoother. it will not feel as if the bike is tryin to buck you off over every whoop