PDA

View Full Version : wanna see an axle break?

thequadfather+2
01-04-2010, 06:20 PM
I just happen to catch an axle break on video. We were at an arena cross event this weekend, a place that usually draws a few mini quad riders, but not this time....

We were in the main, the rider in third was trying to put a pass on the second place rider when his axle broke. These kids are in the 9 & under class, two 90's and a 70.

Check it out, I put some slow motion and still shots at the end. The axle break is on the third lap.

http://s118.photobucket.com/albums/o120/rotorwashphotos/?action=view&current=Cullmanracejan2010.flv

swamp
01-04-2010, 07:38 PM
man i feel sorry for yall those tracks kinda suck i guess here we are spoiled.....

nice racing vid tho a buddy of mine broke an axle this weekend it was almost really nasty

thequadfather+2
01-04-2010, 07:58 PM
actually that is the smallest track out of 27 races in the series. No big deal just tight racing, no room for a big fast quad to get away and that usually makes for a close race, nobody was there this time, usually it's a double row start. I personally dont like the small tracks but the kids dont care, they'll race anywhere. If you wanna to teach a little one to pass in close quarters, theres no better place to do it... This weekend we will be in Memphis, TN for a race. Hoping to see a few more mini's. It will be a much larger track.

swamp
01-04-2010, 08:35 PM
if you pay for me to come up there i would love to show yall how hondas work....

travis rimmer
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
what are these races website i would like to check them out maybe run some

nastynotchback1
01-05-2010, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by travis rimmer

+1 I would also like to run some

Coley'sdad#8
01-05-2010, 07:02 AM
Quadfather,
We were going to hit Memphis but the forecast is 4" snow thurs night and not above freezing till next mon so were nixing that, there are more in the schedule. You guy's can keep track of it on
Midsouthmx.com
there are already some threads on it, supposed to be 22 for the high sat and 11 for the low in memphis. Jetting should be fun for the inside and outside temp change:eek2:

thequadfather+2
01-05-2010, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by swamp
if you pay for me to come up there i would love to show yall how hondas work....

:rolleyes: yea we ran against a modded trx 90 last year....Thing was we were on a bone stock LTZ90 and beat him over half the races......Bring your Honda and we got a friend that will show you how a Cobra works:D We also run with a JB mod 90 if you wanna see how it works....you may get to see the rear suspension for about a lap, then it's probably gonna be too far away to see.:devil:

Coley'sdad#8
01-05-2010, 07:11 AM
Yeah, keep your honda for feeding the cattle because they are good bikes but we are talking about RACING ;) I think it made Coley a better rider racing with the Honda's because he had to dodge all the stuff that falls off of them while racing:blah: :blah:

thequadfather+2
01-05-2010, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Coley'sdad#8
Quadfather,
We were going to hit Memphis but the forecast is 4" snow thurs night and not above freezing till next mon so were nixing that, there are more in the schedule. You guy's can keep track of it on
Midsouthmx.com
there are already some threads on it, supposed to be 22 for the high sat and 11 for the low in memphis. Jetting should be fun for the inside and outside temp change:eek2:

Chris,

We have been watching the weather and still plan on going if it's not too bad. It's about a three hour trip for us. We will probably make a couple more in that series. We just want a full gate of mini quads.

hotquads1
01-05-2010, 07:21 AM
OUCH! nice video. A year of racing is about the life of a stock axle, but we just got in the new 2-part epoxy axle repair kits !

CRBOGGAN
01-05-2010, 07:52 AM
Marc you forgot to tell me about that epoxy when I ordered my new axle lol. I dont think my son knew what happened until I put the wheel and axle on the front of his quad.

thequadfather+2
01-05-2010, 05:25 PM
Hey, Coley'sdad#8, are you solid on Memphis? We are trying to decide if we are going. We have 3 DRR's ready but dont want to come over and sit on the gate alone, we can do that here at the local series. There are a couple mini quads running for points, I doubt they miss it.

Did you run Batesville?

thequadfather+2
01-05-2010, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by travis rimmer

We are talking about 2 different series. The Alabama series is a 27 race schedule that ends in March. The race in Memphis is another arena cross race from a different series, it's only in it's second round.

In the Alabama series, the Priceville race (Feb 12-13) will be worth the trip. Large track, good dirt and heated.... Priceville, AL.

http://www.jmrpowersports.com/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=63

Memphis race and the arena cross tour series.

http://www.arenacrosstour.com/index.html

swamp
01-05-2010, 06:34 PM
27 race schedule thats alot of races

when do you start?

thequadfather+2
01-05-2010, 07:05 PM
the series starts in November and goes into the first week of March. They race both Friday night and Saturday night. Your best 20 count toward the points (7 drops). The race locations are all over Alabama with different size tracks.

It gives us plenty of practice over the winter and when Pell City gets here the kids wont be rusty, for some reason my 2 kids (6 & 9) love arena cross...

Coley'sdad#8
01-06-2010, 05:29 AM
Quadfather you have pm, call me later for ax info