PDA

View Full Version : Ohio Indoors

zach R 7x
01-04-2010, 05:54 PM
roll call ,who's still going to make it to Ohio for the Summit indoors race the weekend of jan 15th? ':D'

mkeane
01-04-2010, 07:44 PM
we are planning on being their sat. and sun. my son on a 70 and my daughter on a 90 and i beleive dave woodbury will be their with his 2 boys in the 70 qnd 90 also i talked to guy from portage IN that said he is coming and his grandson will be in the 90 class

DAVYS DAD
01-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Ill be there friday davy in the 70 class and Nick in the 50 class.

later
Dave Woodbury

leadsled01
01-06-2010, 10:43 AM
Maybe? If my son can be motivated to race, but maybe we will just watch.

raptorobbie
01-07-2010, 09:23 AM
definitely want to go! just dont know if i'll have time in my schedule - need to get the quad ready too. Did they post the February race schedule yet?

zach R 7x
01-07-2010, 12:36 PM
yes they did ,not sure the dates but i know there towards the end of the month.
sounds like there will be full gates ,hopefully weather is halfway decent.

zach R 7x
01-12-2010, 06:33 AM
looks like weather is going to be good this weekend mid 30's and no snow!

DAVYS DAD
01-12-2010, 06:55 AM
NO SNOW sounds great!!!! See-ya at the races.

later

ToddL
01-13-2010, 09:10 AM
we are in for all three days with Travis
on his new 90. Glad weather is good !!!
I'll give ya a call Tim - we'll see you there.
Too bad no one at NEMX last weekend - Travis was only 90.
Think we have it jetted right now for winter. Ran great.
Todd

zach R 7x
01-15-2010, 07:05 AM
went to practice yesterday (thurs.), tracks nice and tight .one single to table ,1st turn jump is a small step up ,lots of woops after table top jump,also a nice triple for the big bikes,makes for a good show.
looks like temps in the high 30's and low 40's and no snow ! should be a good weekend for racing.

we are not racing fri. but will be there to watch ,we are just running sat,and sun.
good luck to all that make the trip.....Tim

LTMFB
01-15-2010, 08:59 AM
So......I'm TDY here in Dayton and am thinking about making the trip to watch this. It's over 3 hrs so I am wondering if it's worth the drive to come out and watch! Is is a small indoor track or a good size track that has motos longer than 5 minutes?

TIA

Would be nice to see some decked out MX quads out there too!

zach R 7x
01-15-2010, 01:34 PM
never paid attention the the time of the races,but if i had to guess i would say they are 5-8 minutes,6 lap races.

if you are going to watch ,i would go sat. , there are alot more riders there and they do qualifiing in am and mains in pm. we have done this for five years and it has been 5 deep on the fence to watch.

Logan #34's Dad
01-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Saturday night results:
Zach Romell - 1st
Logan Salzman - 2nd
Brayden Guyer - 3rd

Good Job boys

raptorobbie
01-18-2010, 06:24 AM
does anyone have any video of this weekend that they can post - would love to see it b/c we didn't get a chance to go.

Congrats to Zach!!

zach R 7x
01-18-2010, 07:12 AM
CONGRATS to all the kids this weekend ,great weekend of racing !
we only raced sat., but was alot of fun.

really proud of Zach ,he looked great for not being on a quad since oct.

i know some people that taped the 90 races, will see if we can get the video on hear this week.

looking forward to feb.we will be running all wekend in that one for sure.

DAVYS DAD
01-18-2010, 08:08 AM
We will be back in Feb along with my bud Mike and his two kids.We all had a blast and racing was good.

Later

zach R 7x
01-18-2010, 08:11 AM
I need to give a big thanks to Shawn Snyder at SMS for all the help on building this quad! Shawn basically built and designed this quad . for those of you that saw the races this weekend , you saw first hand how well his new suspension worked ! i only wish i would of listened to Shawn a year ago! we did not have the fasted motor there , but the suspension let him push to the front and do what he wanted to . i have yet to see a set up work as well as this one did . this quad is basically a clone to Brayden Guyer fast *** 70 quad ,i say that because they ran in the 90 class this weekend and smoked alot of 90's and if it wasnt for a couple of tough breaks he could of won that race!

WOW!!! how about Webbers holeshots this weekend on there SMS built 2fast motor ,that thing was sick! can't wait to see the clone to that motor in Zach quad ,should have it for the next indoors in feb.

also a BIG CONGRATS to Brock Snyder ,(Shawns son) on his first race this weekend , it is great to see Shawn and his family at races and finally get to enjoy himself.

this was a fun weekend and was great to see and talk to people i have not seen in a while .

Tim

ToddL
01-18-2010, 08:47 AM
definite congrats to Zach, he looked awesome!
It was a great time and weather cooperated.
Great experience for Travis to ride with the big boys
while he's getting used to the new 90.
As the young buck out there, he needs to ride
with the older kids and get comfortable. My friend did
some lap times and I know he improved from Friday
to Sunday. Special thanks from us to Tom Skladzien
for setting up the soft bars for Travis to get them dialed
in properly. made a big difference. Travis loves 'em.
We will be back for February for sure.
Congrats to all the kids in all 3 classes as there was
a whole lot of geat racing. Travis made tons of new friends
too and that is always a BIG plus. That's why we
like racing so much. Lots of good people!
Todd
PS: we might be looking to rent NEMX for a mini quad
practice if anyone is interested. I'll post info once we
look at the schedule.

zach R 7x
01-18-2010, 10:05 AM
Todd,
give me a call if you rent the track ,i can get a few riders to go in also. i will be trying real hard to get Zach as much seat time as possible this year,we will more than likely try and practice at ram jams every sunday because it is close for us . march is right around the corner !

mkeane
01-18-2010, 12:16 PM
this was are first time racing in ohio/Summit and i would like to thank all the new people/friends we met. what a great bunch of guys. thanks for making us welcome. Todd thanks again for looking out for Kierstin. as woodbury said we will be back next month

raptorobbie
01-18-2010, 02:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tE6TNgIGC2I

there is already video up on youtube of one of the mini-quad races. I can hear the announcer talking about Zach having a huge lead and winning the race etc., but dont know which rider he is. The link above should work.

zach R 7x
01-19-2010, 06:33 AM
not sure who shot that video,but Zach is on a white quad and is going by the camera when the announcer starts talking. nice netural video though ,wish the holeshot was on it. that was the first video i have seen of the race,will probably see more this weekend.

thanks for posting the video Raptorobbie

csm1cars
01-19-2010, 04:08 PM
Tim let me know if you do get a group together to rent the track, we are always looking for track time.
Also Special thanks to SMS team for all there help this weekend at the Summit race with Dylan and his machine, Craig and Braden Guyer let us crash at his house all weekend and helped us make repairs to his machine. Also thanks goes out to Shawn Snyder for bringing parts to the track and giving us much needed help and suggestions.

Thanks Dylan's Dad #79

and up and coming new Rider in the 50cc class Kaitlyn #40

Thanks to our sponsors
Snyder motorsports
smx optics
oneal
rebel gears
Elka

zach R 7x
01-20-2010, 06:35 AM
Sean, when Todd calls me i will let you know . i am sure i can get SMS team to go up and practice . glad to see your family had a good time and congrats to Dillon on some fine racing,it can only go up from there!

ToddL
01-20-2010, 09:26 AM
sounds great guys - I want to get a date before the next summit so everyone can get in a little seat/tuning time.
Should get together by next week so everyone can plan.
I might organize it so we can do some motos by class
if we get enough. That would be cool.
Thanks, Todd

DAVYS DAD
01-21-2010, 02:03 PM
Some sweet videos on u-tub,anyone film the jr mini class I would like to see some of those videos.theres one of the 50 class but the lighting sucks.

later

frank parvin
01-21-2010, 08:15 PM
congrats to korie richmond on his 2nd place finish in jr mini quad onsun. in his first race on a 70 and quad look awsome .and ries parvin in his sweep of the 300 class and thanks to SMS for that bad *** 300 motor and for korie susp. on his apex 70 thanks shawn,jim balls,jermie going to race kymco at next indoors legal for cra now

mudatv
01-22-2010, 07:36 AM
Originally posted by frank parvin
ries parvin in his sweep of the 300 class and thanks to SMS for that bad *** 300 motor and for korie susp. on his apex 70 thanks shawn,jim balls,jermie going to race kymco at next indoors legal for cra now

So appearently you and SMS kissed and made up eh?

zach R 7x
01-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by mudatv
So appearently you and SMS kissed and made up eh?

not sure where you are going with this question, but does not sound positive.......so please leave it alone!

rebuiltoz
01-22-2010, 09:00 PM
hi guys,
i posted the 50 class races and like davy said the lighting really sucked. my wife got one of the jr mini races but for some reason it was even worse. it was a great weekend and my son made alot of new friends. he has asked me everyday since when do we get to go back to summit...lol. we will see you all in feb and will try to get better film next time.

CRBOGGAN
01-22-2010, 09:59 PM
Hey could someone post what to look under to find some more good mini movies like the ones already on this post or if they have the time put the links on here thanks. People like me list it under #4's big win or somthing like that so only friends and family you tell kow were to look. My son and me like to watch them on here like it nascar on sunday lol.

rebuiltoz
01-23-2010, 04:33 AM
on youtude i usually always list my sons under mini quad racing. that is how i have found alot of videos of the minis my boy likes to watch. on another forum we look at which is mostly bikes only(bars racing) they have a thread called show and tell. which is pics and videos. i cant get pics to go on here but that is a idea for someone to start on here.

DAVYS DAD
01-24-2010, 07:02 AM
REBUILTOZ,if its not a pain in the butt could you post the jr quad video.I know you said the lighting was bad but davy and I would like to see it.
Thanks either way

Later
Dave Woodbury

rebuiltoz
01-24-2010, 12:28 PM
i posted it but wife was focused on my sons friend not the general race. your son is the one who won right?

DAVYS DAD
01-24-2010, 04:41 PM
my kid is #72 he won fri,sat but dnf on sunday.I also have a kid #57 that ran the 50 class.Thanks for posting the video.

later

rebuiltoz
01-24-2010, 05:52 PM
yea i remember the jr race sun. my son ran with your younger boy. will you guys be there next month? my boy had alot of fun and made alot of new friends

DAVYS DAD
01-24-2010, 07:52 PM
if all goes well my boys and I will be there,we had a great time.

later

zach R 7x
01-29-2010, 05:01 PM
if anyone would like to see what summit is like or want to see the 90 sr mini quad race Saturday it is on youtube ,just look up Brayden Guyer 44x . i tried to post it on the site but can"t get it to go,if anyone could help me out and post it i would appreciate it. thanks Tim

Logan #34's Dad
01-30-2010, 01:58 AM
Hey Tim, Those are some pretty good videos. I tell you the first thing I noticed was that Snyder Suspension. It obviously works because your quad and Brayden's is working - you can really see it after the turn when they are coming at the camera. GOOD JOB!
Shawn should be proud.
Also, watched the Reis Parvin video - WOW!

zach R 7x
01-30-2010, 08:21 AM
thanks Rocky, i was just amazed at how well it worked ,imho the best money i have ever spent on this quad.Zach was so happy after the race he went up and gave Shawn a big hug and told him it was the best quad he has ever been on.
i am not sure who took that video but it was a great video.

frank parvin
01-30-2010, 12:17 PM
thanks rocky hows logan doing this season whats his record and what weight is he

Logan #34's Dad
02-02-2010, 04:55 AM
Hey Frank, Logan's record is like 38 - 3. He wrestled up a class all year too! So now he is at 76 lbs. He just won our sectionals and this Sunday he is headed to the toughest District in the state (as you know) at Glen Oak. Hoping to make it to state then we'll worry about winning it. LOL

ToddL
02-02-2010, 10:57 AM
OK guys - as mentioned here a couple weeks ago, I
have our date for practice at NEMX.
See the thread at:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=426311

Date is Sunday Feb. 21st from 4:00 - 8:00 PM

Tim, Rocky, Dave et al - help spread the word !

Thanks,
Todd

frank parvin
02-02-2010, 03:05 PM
rocky tell logan good luck and win them 1 at a time and just keep winning and he will be a state champ lol .GOOD LUCK AND BRING IT HOME LOGAN FROM THE PARVIN FAMILY. me and ries will be at the state torn. watching hope to see u guys

DAVYS DAD
02-07-2010, 07:21 AM
doesnt look like we will make the next one.But I am taking donations;) LOL not many leaky basements in the winter:mad: COME ON SPRING:D

Later