PDA

View Full Version : Should the Moore Brothers be allowed to ride Winter X Games?

QuadR8cer12
01-04-2010, 03:42 PM
Caleb and Colten Moore are two very well known professional ATV Freestyle riders among the ATV community. Their most recent endeavor has taken them into the snowmobile industry as they try to sweep everyone off their feet at the 2010 Winter X Games. In just 2 weeks of riding on sleds for the first time the brothers are performing stunts that few to none have landed to snow. The brothers have landed backflips with superman, Indian air, pendulum, heel clicker, and more variations to snow as well as all the upright freestyle you can handle! They have the skill and bag of tricks it takes in order to podium at the 2010 Winter X Games but now the only thing standing in their way is the politics of X Games. The brothers where informed that they would be given a chance to enter the games if they would submit a video showing their skill on a course that was set up identical to the X Games course. The brothers traveled to a setup that was required and have compiled videos showing their stunts but are now being denied a fair chance to enter the X Games. The Moore brothers need your help in order to gain entrance into the competition. Show your support for the riders and post over on either freestylemtx.com thread!

http://freestylemtx.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46613

Here is a video of Colten riding his sled.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ub6a5_E3oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/2ub6a5_E3oc&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ub6a5_E3oc

The video of Caleb is uploading right now. Here is a picture of Caleb on his sled.

http://txatvracing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/caleb-stunami-sled-flip.jpg

eastside 400
01-04-2010, 04:01 PM
i cant believe that the X executives would keep them out, the only reason i see it that they dont want them in is because of all the other snow guys that are horrible at freestyle and they dont want 2 random kids coming in and winning it. you would think that they would want both of them in though because that would do wonders for TV, having 2 brothers that are fresh to snow and doing more tricks then anyone else. I hope they get in and good luck

BLU82
01-04-2010, 04:14 PM
I don't think they want them in there because if they win, and it's looking good from the vid, they would plug quads. This would spike interest in freestyle atv riding and people would actually want to see us in the regular x games. This could be the big break to make atv freestyle and motocross popular with the mainstream and what do you know? The xgames is trying to shut us down. Why are the xgames people soooo against atv's?

ryan243
01-04-2010, 04:15 PM
they would kill it! let em in

quad2xtreme
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
they let Scotty Murray in and the other dude who twice jumped without any trick at all.

Honestly, x-games show will look more and more foolish as this video makes the rounds.

Could it be a contractual issue where they want you to sign over your nuts?

yellowzo3
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
LET 'EM IN. This is complete bs if they don't let them in. I bet they didn't think the Moore's would be able to find a course set up EXACTLY like the X Games course. When they did and provided the goods X Games probably crapped themselves and didn't know what to do.

The X Games suck now anyway. It used to be a hardcore event. It honestly seemed like a mini olympics. Now it seems like rally racing is all they care about. The Dew Tour seems to be doing things right.

The sled freestyle is kind of lame since they only have like 4 guys in it. Having Caleb and Colten would make it 100 times more interesting and intense. Too bad for the regular sled guys if they've been slacking since they pretty much had auto entry to the games due to there being barely any riders. Maybe they'll step up their game now. New guys are welcome into FMX for bikes all the time with open arms. How is this any different?

If you guys don't get in just keep your heads up. Spread your vids around the web on all the sled forums and stuff. People will recognize you. Let em know you were denied entry to the X games. People will be shaking their heads at the X games staff when they see your skills.

TrapZ400
01-04-2010, 05:02 PM
Let the Moore boys in!!

SRH
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
there skilled enough no doubt, but havent all the other riders had to qualify? thats the only thing i think for the x games keeping them out ...def not a devious plan to keep them from mentioning atv;s.....if x games could make money off it or get ratings theyd do it.....tes sewell is always involved in x games and he really pushed for the wpsa

on a side note id watch the quad terrain they had for wpsa if they had it in summer x...maybe throw in some big jumps to make it interesting

ikas
01-04-2010, 05:13 PM
I have been posting this on the Swedish forums i hope it helps GO MOORE BROTHERS!

MX MaNiAc 06
01-04-2010, 05:15 PM
They're scared!! DARE them Moore brothers!!!

TrapZ400
01-04-2010, 05:35 PM
This would definitely be good for ratings. Two brothers that are extremely new to sled freestyle busting out huge tricks that other guys on sleds have been trying for years. People will hear about two brothers from texas that are new to sleds that are throwin down huge. They will tune in and see what these boys are all about. Having both them in would make a great story and great tv.

Also it will be awesome for ATV freestyle and the ATV community in general having two quad guys in winter x. It may open up some more doors to help us get into X.
If they make it in people will see them on tv and they will look them up youtube and then they will be introduced to quad freestyle. It will help quads get out there more to the mainstream audience.

ikas
01-04-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
This would definitely be good for ratings. Two brothers that are extremely new to sled freestyle busting out huge tricks that other guys on sleds have been trying for years. People will hear about two brothers from texas that are new to sleds that are throwin down huge. They will tune in and see what these boys are all about. Having both them in would make a great story and great tv.

Also it will be awesome for ATV freestyle and the ATV community in general having two quad guys in winter x. It may open up some more doors to help us get into X.
If they make it in people will see them on tv and they will look them up youtube and then they will be introduced to quad freestyle. It will help quads get out there more to the mainstream audience.
x2

JR3
01-04-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by MX MaNiAc 06
They're scared!! DARE them Moore brothers!!!

swamp
01-04-2010, 06:10 PM
my only concern is they might not want to ride a quad after they get off the snowmobiles.... I hear those things kick *****...

01-04-2010, 06:12 PM
How can they deny someone trowing bigger tricks then anyone out there. They let enough idiots into FMX big trick that do 1 trick on a bike but can barley ride it other wise. i really hope they get in. ratings would be good for that.

ATVMX33
01-04-2010, 06:13 PM
x2
after last summers fmx best trick they need to do something imo

quad2xtreme
01-04-2010, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by SRH
there skilled enough no doubt, but havent all the other riders had to qualify? thats the only thing i think for the x games keeping them out

They let Scott Murray into x-games based on video. He never competed in a single freestyle competition prior to his appearance at x-games.

QuadR8cer12
01-04-2010, 07:13 PM
thanks for the support everyone! It REALLY makes a difference! Keep it up!

Robin Hood
01-04-2010, 07:20 PM
Let them ride.

TrapZ400
01-04-2010, 07:26 PM
Just watched Caleb's vid and :eek2:

Cordova flip!!

rodeo#11
01-04-2010, 08:43 PM
vids were insane.. an online petition should be started if there isn't already one.. I'm sure if enough ppl requested them the executives wouldn't dare deny them. Keep it up guys! The vids were great!

ryan243
01-04-2010, 08:46 PM
go expn.com and click on the xgames tab and then you can post comments in there on the bottom of the screen.

meankfx
01-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Its bull**** if they don't let them in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A ruler flip that's bad ***!!!!!!!!!!!!

flyin#5
01-04-2010, 09:08 PM
Looks like they are in!

TrapZ400
01-04-2010, 09:11 PM
Just read over on freestylemtx that they are in!

Congrats Caleb and Colten!!!!!

ryan243
01-04-2010, 09:20 PM
thats amazing! cant wait to see how they do. good luck guys! go tear it up and show everyone the talent level the top quad riders have. maybe this exposure will help quads get in some time too!

winters126
01-05-2010, 05:29 AM
wooooohoooo!!! good luck, guys!!!

protraxrptr17
01-05-2010, 06:25 AM
Best of luck to ya'll. :D

Mxjunkie
01-05-2010, 06:58 AM
Congrats guys, I'm glad to hear you guys made it in! Show em' how us quad guys get down on anything we ride :blah:

450rdr424
01-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Being a quad and sled guy i think this is going to be big for both the sled guys and the quad guys.....last year the biggest trick at winter x was levalles (sp) attempt at a double backflip which he would have landed if he didnt over jump the landing.....letting the moore's in hopefully will make the other guys step it up.....the sled guys can do most of what the quad guys can do so it will be interesting.....

JR3
01-05-2010, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Mxjunkie
Congrats guys, I'm glad to hear you guys made it in! Show em' how us quad guys get down on anything we ride :blah:

yellowzo3
01-05-2010, 08:04 AM
Sweet!! Can't wait to check this out on T.V. :cool:

MX MaNiAc 06
01-05-2010, 08:31 AM
Wooo!! Congrats guys!! I'm sure when they mention they are brothers and their background story they will show clips of them flipping quads and doing fmx.

TrapZ400
01-06-2010, 01:13 PM
http://bombsquadbattalion.loopd.com/Members/BombSquadBattalion/Blog.aspx?resourceId=bc25cd72-c973-42b2-a7bb-e52dde3db88a

TrapZ400
01-06-2010, 03:01 PM
:eek2:

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/RBEoQt2JcOU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/RBEoQt2JcOU&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6&hd=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

ATVMX33
01-06-2010, 03:23 PM
he makes that look way to easy:eek2:

KingpinsEx
01-06-2010, 05:46 PM
That is freakin amazing! Pastrana even had trouble flipping a sled, for both of them to take riding sleds to that level in unreal. Best of luck guys and hopefully we will see quads in summer X!! :eek2:

meankfx
01-07-2010, 06:19 AM
Holy **** that's awesome!!

ryan243
01-07-2010, 09:17 PM
dude is nuts

TrapZ400
01-07-2010, 11:55 PM
Updated invited athletes list :D
http://espn.go.com/action/xgames/2010/wx14/news/story?id=4710718

ryan243
01-08-2010, 08:06 AM
so they are alternates for best trick....that sucks

yellowzo3
01-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by ryan243
so they are alternates for best trick....that sucks

Thats gay.... welllllllllllllll then since Caleb seems to have his best trick down pretty solid then he could pull it during regular freestyle.

The addition of his "best trick" trick along with all the other tricks he knows will get him a podium for sure and probably a first place. Since he doesn't have to save the trick for best trick he can just use it to his advantage during regular freestyle :devil:

The judges better award fairly though. I have a feeling that since they didn't welcome them with open arms they may be judged unfairly giving the podium spots to the regulars.

diangelo#67
01-09-2010, 07:29 PM
hey austin do you still have your ltr motor for sale?
pm me

TGW_400ex
01-27-2010, 02:23 PM
So what ever ended up happening?

yellowzo3
01-28-2010, 12:39 PM
WHY IS CALEB NOT IN FIRST PLACE?!?!? HE GOT A 76 AND THE DUDE AFTER HIM GETS AN 84 AND THE RUNS WERE NIGHT AND DAY! The announcers even said it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: SUCH BS

bens250ex
01-28-2010, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
WHY IS CALEB NOT IN FIRST PLACE?!?!? HE GOT A 76 AND THE DUDE AFTER HIM GETS AN 84 AND THE RUNS WERE NIGHT AND DAY! The announcers even said it. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: SUCH BS

i saw it and thought the same thing! seems like they are just tryin to knock em out. i mean they were a little sloppy in a couple spots but they sure didn't deserve a 76 and 74........not sure what happend there oh well i give em props for throwin big like they did. i mean hell they just started ridin sleds like a month ago....

younggun95
01-28-2010, 02:39 PM
I personally didnt think they had great runs. A few tricks not extended. Dead sailor... but Im fairly confident they will put in better runs in the next round.

meankfx
01-28-2010, 03:17 PM
I think calebs first run was insane and he should have got at least an 80. The second run I understand cause of the dead sailors. But the first run he got hosed.:mad: :mad:

KingpinsEx
01-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Yea that scoring was complete bull. I feel they totally outclassed that first heat group. Now the last group that ran was another story, they got some real competition there. But there is no way they got beat out of that first group. Their second runs def. werent as good, but caleb pulling a trick never done before should have counted for something. It seems to me there only real weakness was the turns, the other guys hit the turns alot faster and got better runs up to the jumps, thus bigger tricks. They just havent had the experience riding, but the tricks they have no problem what so ever. Can't wait to see what is pulled tonight! :D Just hope the judges don't steal it from them, Caleb should at least podium if not win and I feel Colten should be right there... Just so cool seeing those guys out there ripping it up on the biggest stage.