PDA

View Full Version : race cut fenders

Todd
01-20-2003, 06:17 PM
i got a question , may seem sorta dumb but other than keeping your plastic from breaking on big jumps and looking cool what purpose does it serve? the reason i was asking is because while jumping today there was a nice breeze blowing and on the table top and big double my front end came up pretty high and back brakes didnt help alot but jumping another table top with the wind to my back my back brakes pitched me forward good so do full fenders catch wind that much more?
thanks todd

Quadfather
01-20-2003, 07:25 PM
I can't help you with that situation. But I do know from experience that with race cut front fenders you will become a bonifide pro at stopping every 75 yards to wipe your goggles off.

I had race cuts for approximately one ride.

Nausty
01-20-2003, 07:57 PM
I dunno about catching wind but I like it when you have to spot the landings on big jumps and your front end is high:) Other reasons I like to run em is it just makes the quad seems less bulky to me. Then it looks good, saves your plastic from being tore up as easy and i guess wind resistance. Also you don't have to worry about the plastic as much when they are flopping up and down going 65 in the back of a truck.

Not something you want if you ride in the mud a lot.

Todd
01-20-2003, 08:14 PM
i get in the mud a little bit mainly when its unavoidable i even go out of my way to stay out of water. i just noticed that about all racing quads had cut feners and didnt know what purpose it served?
todd

HiperEX
01-20-2003, 08:18 PM
yeah im a believer that the race cut fronts help with the wind resistance after i cut mine it seemed to go a lill faster to me.

forum
01-20-2003, 09:17 PM
i don't no how much speed its going to add.... especialy on a mx track ware you rarely hit over 40mph. But i rmember when i had my banshee, at top speeds the fenders were flaping like mad and you could actualy see them lift. I do it casue i think it looks 10 times better and like nausty said, siteing up landings and other bumbs while in corners. If your racing mx. Its definatley got more benifits then full fenders. But if you ever go on trails dont do it