PDA

View Full Version : jetting?

tommygunnz
01-04-2010, 12:53 AM
My friend has a 86 TRX R with a stock carb LRD exaust V force 2 uni filter and stock motor other than a 40 over piston it doesn't run strong who is good with carbs please give me a good carb set up so I can help him get this legend running good

tommygunnz
01-04-2010, 07:56 PM
Come on guys 25 views and not one person can help out? I know I ride a LT250 but that's only because my 86 R was stolen from me! Lol help me help my friend out!

01-04-2010, 08:10 PM
:ermm: Threads like this kill me. Hold on while I gaze into my magic jetting crystal ball and tell you what jets to use. Dude, you need to help us in order for us to help you. What jets are in it right now? And telling us how it runs right now helps, too. Does the quad fall on its face? Where does it have a flat spot? You can't just say "it doesn't run strong". Be a little more specific and maybe you'll get some help.

tommygunnz
01-04-2010, 09:13 PM
Don't have the jet sizes I listed all the mods please don't get wise

bloodswet&gears
01-04-2010, 10:32 PM
had these numbers wrote down in the back of my svc manual from 10 or 15 years ago.notes from an 86 about the same as what you are asking about. R1471L, 1st pos., 48 pilot, 165 main. i think that needle is about the same as a DGM. compare that with what is in the carb. may give you some sorta starting place. start with the pilot (prob 42-48 range), then go to the needle, when you get that right work on the main. in that order. you could post up all kinds of info, it wont matter. just keep tuning till you get it. every one is different. a lot of changing variables. may not even be a carb issue.

tommygunnz
01-04-2010, 11:08 PM
Thanks Ill go pull the carb tomorrow and see what's currently in there I'm pretty sure it is the carb since it has compression and good spark I didn't do the testing my friend did but I rode it and it doesn't rev out strong at all my little cousins 86 was doing the same thing he swapped to another stock carb and ran strong