PDA

View Full Version : Send it to CT Racing?

Turf-Terminator
01-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Some of you may have read about my R sucking air and crazy high revs- well here is an update. I found no ripped gaskets, only one loose bolt on the reed cage assembly. While inspecting the jug I found a deep score on the cylinder wall. So now I want some options and/or feedback about sending the engine out to CT.
I'm wondering if I should get the Complete Power package for around a grand? Here is the link -http://www.ctracing.com/lt80_250_500.htm if this doesn't work search "CT Racing LT250R" on Google. Or does anyone know of another good place for engine work? The jug has to be re-sleeved as it already has a 69mm piston in it.
I’m in the beginning stage of this build, a friend gave me this wheeler, the engine was apart in a box, it had a frame and tires, that's about it. So I found a blown 250R for $500. I’m going to build one for myself, and hopefully piece together the other and sell it.
So if anyone has had work done by CT let me the outcome, or if you know of anywhere else that does good work on these. Thanks in advance.

MOVIN32
01-03-2010, 07:24 PM
allen is call know it all he did my 250 national tt motors for 15 years .he is great

tommygunnz
01-03-2010, 11:00 PM
I sent my cylinder head and a 60 over wiseco to CT and the head was done for 93 and it received a MX porting in addition I have a 38mm pwk Airstriker carb FMF system and boyeson reeds and I spanked my friends banshee in a 8th mile 3x in a row! The banshee has a new tranny 60 over pistons cool heads for 93 but he runs 114 rad valves big carbs some after market air filter boost bottle and Paul turner mid pipes he was pissed it was a 8th mile of dry pavement we both had realtors so I'd say CT got my motor going fast plus the power is pretty smooth and strong another guy around here has a CT LT250R done for GNCC style racing on 112 fuel it pulls really solid and fast I'm very pleased with the work they did now if I can get my shocks changes.....

DWR270
01-05-2010, 04:03 AM
Just send it to FTZ.

woodsracer144
01-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Turf-Terminator
Some of you may have read about my R sucking air and crazy high revs- well here is an update. I found no ripped gaskets, only one loose bolt on the reed cage assembly. While inspecting the jug I found a deep score on the cylinder wall. So now I want some options and/or feedback about sending the engine out to CT.
I'm wondering if I should get the Complete Power package for around a grand? Here is the link -http://www.ctracing.com/lt80_250_500.htm if this doesn't work search "CT Racing LT250R" on Google. Or does anyone know of another good place for engine work? The jug has to be re-sleeved as it already has a 69mm piston in it.
I’m in the beginning stage of this build, a friend gave me this wheeler, the engine was apart in a box, it had a frame and tires, that's about it. So I found a blown 250R for $500. I’m going to build one for myself, and hopefully piece together the other and sell it.
So if anyone has had work done by CT let me the outcome, or if you know of anywhere else that does good work on these. Thanks in advance.

ct is a great place to work with, but since it needs a sleeve, hes going to tell you to scrap it cause it will cost more to get that fixed and get a piston then it would to buy a good used one... if you undersand what i mean...

other places will take your money, but hes been one of the most honest people i've ever delt with... i was in the same spot with the cyl...