PDA

View Full Version : Calling ALL TRX250EX owners,.. I need your help...

tri5ron
01-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Hey guys,
I dont care if your 250ex is for you, your wife, your kids, your buddy- bike, or your mother-in-law.

Heck,... I don't even care if you don't even really own a 250EX,
Please do me a favor here...

Go read this thread, and help me out.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=422099

Contact the guy who makes these stabilizers with an email, or through his ebay site, and tell him you'd like to see one of his stabilizers made for the TRX250EX.
Whether or not you would even buy one yourself, just let him know that alot of us feel these things are one of the best "Bang for your Buck" deals going, and since the ONLY other stabilizers out there available for a 250Ex is the "Stick" types, he is sure to sell alot of them.

I want one of his stabilizers for my wifes quad Real BAD !
and if he knows that others would buy one too, then maybe we can convince him to start producing them.

So just please do me the favor, and take a moment to contact him, and let him know that I'm not the only one who what's one.

I'd appreciate it, and so would my wife.
Thanks,
Ron

bigd's ex
01-03-2010, 06:34 PM
Email sent, Have you talked to him lately?

Pipeless416
01-03-2010, 06:48 PM
will do. im considering one for myself. im now an official member of the over the bars club as of today. :p

Ntensweapon
01-03-2010, 07:09 PM
Not cool dude. Getting a bunch of guys together to tell him they want one...with no intentions of buying one is pretty deceitful. The guy probably has a better feel of the market than you do. It wouldn't be worth his time to setup a program to burn off a couple of units.Especially if he has enough work with the popular makes.

tri5ron
01-03-2010, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Ntensweapon
Not cool dude. Getting a bunch of guys together to tell him they want one...with no intentions of buying one is pretty deceitful. The guy probably has a better feel of the market than you do. It wouldn't be worth his time to setup a program to burn off a couple of units.Especially if he has enough work with the popular makes. I think you might have taken it wrong there pal.
I am not trying to be deceitful at all.
I personally know of 3 other guys (who are not forum members here),who will buy them as soon as they are available. as well I also know of at least 3 other guys here on the forums who are just waiting to see them come available too, and will be buying them as soon as they are produced.

on top of those, I'm confident that others will buy them for 250ex's once they are aware that this fine stabilizer becomes available.

I spoke with the builder a few months ago, and he said he'd be happy to do it, and requested that I send him the measurements. I have done so, and gone a step further, by taking pics and video of the proposed fit and placement, and have sent all of THOSE to him as well.
I'm sure he has been busy with the holidays, as we all have, but now they are over, and I want him to know who will be wanting them.
Hence I made the post to get THOSE people who WILL or WOULD want one, to let him know.

There is no deciet going on here. This has been in the works with the builder for some time now.
Sorry you took it that way.

I suppose I could have worded it a little differently, and it would not have left a impression of decietful intentions. if that is the case, then, ....My bad and I apoligize for that.

I have ALWAYS talked good about these stabilizers, and will continue to do so. I never meant to appear anything other than a very happy customer, who also wants one made to fit my wifes quad.
(Heck, if we are successful in getting them for the 250EX,... I will then ALSO be asking him to build them to fit the TRX90 that my 8y.o. daughter rides! lol).

Ntensweapon
01-03-2010, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron

Heck,... I don't even care if you don't even really own a 250EX,
Please do me a favor here...

Whether or not you would even buy one yourself,

Ron

Ntensweapon
01-03-2010, 07:53 PM
oops meant to post.

Those statements are the only problem I have with your pleas. I was aware you were working with the builder. Quite honestly I'm a little surprised you don't have one in your hands.

Pal

hondariderdylan
01-03-2010, 08:02 PM
i would but i have no intentions of spending anymore money on my quad until i move up to a 400 or 450:ermm:

tri5ron
01-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by bigd's ex
Email sent, Have you talked to him lately? Thanks Pal, I've sent all the measurements, pics, and vids, per his request, but haven't back from him yet. Kind of baffleing to me when he already said it would be no problem to do.

I know that You and 'Snyper both have expressed an intrest in getting one for your wives bikes, and a couple of other guys have sent me messages, asking when they were going to be available too.

what's that old movie line ?...
"If you build it,...They will come"

as soon as I know anything I'll let you know.

tri5ron
01-03-2010, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
will do. im considering one for myself. im now an official member of the over the bars club as of today. :p WHAT???,
Are we now going to be looking forward to yet ANOTHER complete teardown/redo because you bent a handlebar and scuffed a brake lever ??? LOL!!!

Hope you didn't get hurt any.

Pipeless416
01-03-2010, 08:49 PM
WHAT???,
Are we now going to be looking forward to yet ANOTHER complete teardown/redo because you bent a handlebar and scuffed a brake lever ??? LOL!!!

Hope you didn't get hurt any.

no! haha thats the beauty of powdercoat. now everything just wipes down and looks new again. i was riding in the back yard with brandon in the snow.. tried to make it through a spot that was a probably 48 inches wide and my quad is 48.5 haha. my front right tire caught the wire fence, ripped the bars out of my hands and it went to a dead stop, sending me about 5 feet in front of the quad. i felt like superman for a split second. this was five minutes after we were trying to roost each other and somehow mine caught traction and the front end launched straight up.. i didn't let go haha. it was a rough day. everybody saw that one too. my first two "crashes" were within 5 minutes.. :devil:

oh, and to put the icing on the cake, when the quad was standing straight up and i didn't let go, all the snow that i threw into the air covered me. i wish i had a ccp for the second 'incident.'

SRH
01-03-2010, 08:56 PM
ud probably be better off just buying one closest to fitting and fabbing up the rest of what u need to make it work

or why not just run 2 stick style dampers???

tri5ron
01-06-2010, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by SRH
ud probably be better off just buying one closest to fitting and fabbing up the rest of what u need to make it work
That is an option that I have considered already, and just may have to end uo going that route.
I've actually already taken mine off the 400 and "test fitted" it to her 250, but it dosent fit all that well with mine being the original styled mount on the stabilizer.
i had thought about just buying another one for the 400, then modifying the first one to fit hers.

(I know I could get a stick type for hers, but I personally just dont like them)

I'm kind of baffled as to why he had said it would be no problem to build one for the 250,...
asked me to take measurements, which I have sent to him a couple of months ago, and now I cant seem to get any sort of responce from him.

Has ayone here heard back from him reguarding the stabilizers getting built for the 250's ???

JIM GRACE
01-06-2010, 07:03 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
no! haha thats the beauty of powdercoat. now everything just wipes down and looks new again. i was riding in the back yard with brandon in the snow.. tried to make it through a spot that was a probably 48 inches wide and my quad is 48.5 haha. my front right tire caught the wire fence, ripped the bars out of my hands and it went to a dead stop, sending me about 5 feet in front of the quad. i felt like superman for a split second.

me and my buddy where rippin up some trails a while
back I was in front of him and my front tires went
thru the 2 big trees and the rears didn't....

Superman and one of my sneakers was laying on
the nerf bar I actually came out of my shoes. Lol

my boys name is Brandon too, hope it never happens
to them.

Not a big fan of woods racing, trees don't move.:D

tri5ron
01-07-2010, 08:37 PM
bump

250x_kyle
01-07-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Ntensweapon
. It wouldn't be worth his time to setup a program to burn off a couple of units.

it really wouldnt take much time to write the program. the way that thing mounts it would just be a differns size work peice with differnt slots for the mounts. the rest would be the same. it would just be a feww differnt x, y, and z movements, and possibly a different g code or two.

Jake250ex
01-09-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by 250x_kyle
and possibly a different g code or two.

im very fimiliar with the g code

tri5ron
01-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Have any of you guys, that sent a email to Mr. Johnson, heard back from him yet ???

Pipeless416
01-11-2010, 12:49 AM
Have any of you guys, that sent a email to Mr. Johnson, heard back from him yet ???

notta. i better check to make sure i got the email address correct.

ZBlaster
01-11-2010, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by hondariderdylan
i would but i have no intentions of spending anymore money on my quad until i move up to a 400 or 450:ermm:

PM me man, I need to move my old Bryan Cook quad so I can get started with my 2010 build.