PDA

View Full Version : Your First Race

Family Guy
01-03-2010, 04:51 PM
Lets hear when and where your first race was. My first MX race was at Greenes Raceway Sept. 1984 Sr Mini I raced a 1983 Honda CR80 Finished 11 had 19 in my class. My first ATV race was at Terrapin Point 1985 raced my Dads ATC200X in the youth class finished 4 out of 8. First race on a quad was December 1988 at Norfolk Scope, we raced around the truck pull drag. Finished third on my 2 week old 250R. Man I miss those days. Yeah I am old.

gcart2
01-03-2010, 06:07 PM
man what a day. hell what a week lol.

weekend before the race i blew up my bike. lakeland florida

okay, well that sucked. i had a 400ex. the next weekend we enter my brothers 450 into two classes, c and b. i was running b and him c. my very first race i pulled the hole shot. i swear i lead the whole lap. red flag, crash in the hole shot. next go, i locked up with someone in the hole shot. unlocked and took off. there was a HUGE crash in the second corner that was on a steep hill. do to the fact i was so late to come around the corner i seen it and was able to hold speed up the hill. placed fifth or sixth. second heat, i pulled second off the shot, battled, dropped to third, chain broke.

kinda neat, kinda sucked.

SRH
01-03-2010, 07:20 PM
i was 13 ..1998 , runnin a 88 cr 125 in 125c, scared to death forgot to turn my gas on 1st moto 2nd moto stalled it on the line.... i was rather intimidated:p

hondariderdylan
01-03-2010, 08:00 PM
Mine was horrible. It was a hot, dusty, 12 mile XC course. My heart was in my throat and i managed to end up staring at the sky when the flag dropped on the dead engine start. I ended up last behind about 7-8 other quads in my class(my quad was the smallest). About 5 mintues into the lap my chest protector came apart at the top and proceeded to dangle around the rest of the lap. My thumb hurt so bad i could hardly push the throttle and as i came around with a lap time of just over 39 mintues, i called it quits. I almost threw up, i couldnt move very quick, my hands felt like two big blisters, i was a mess.

the second race came around and i ended up 1st in class though:D

440racer66
01-03-2010, 08:05 PM
first race was on a 440ex and it was at parker valley mx i was so nervous. but i pulled holeshot and ended up third i was hooked ever since. heres me on that day

Ichoptop
01-03-2010, 08:12 PM
I was 10 or 11. I ditched my Yamaha 80 for my brothers 125. This was in 1982-83 I guess. It was everything I could do to keep it on the track. I think I came in 5th out of 6 and when I pulled the bike up to my dads truck and pulled off my helmet I puked my guts out.

I quit racing in 2001 after breaking my back. a few years later I bought my first quad.

reconmaster
01-03-2010, 08:13 PM
my 1st atv race my seat fell off. my first mx well pants fell down it was muddy as ol heck Deal roosted me pretty good and the mud was so thick I got hit in the head and it hurt I thought I was going to puke. I almost wrecked 2nd moto but my bike quit and wouldn't start. In front of a big crowd. My 1st ATV race back since injury forgot the kkey luckily we were only 20-30mins from the house...My 2nd atv race back since injury I had to get boosted and I was being helped up and I could hear a few laugh I told my buddies holding me one of hos goes wish we could see the ***holes 1st mx race back since injury I was in arena cross and well my biddues didn't put my strap on right we had to restart the qualifier because I couldn't fix it.

rodeo#11
01-03-2010, 09:06 PM
my first race...well i was pretty nervous.. no sooner the gate dropped i was all over the place..got pushed off the track was hitting tables sideways, big mess..got 2nd my first moto then landed on a guy who cut over on me on a double..bruised my lower spine. tore the muscles in my lower back..concussion.. good fun!

fastredrider44
01-03-2010, 09:51 PM
First race was MX on my 400ex, stock width. We just went to go play. Came out 3rd on the holeshot, red flag. Came out 3rd again, moved up to second. In Moto number 2, came out 3rd on Holeshot, stayed there the whole race in Beginner. I was 17-18. Oh yeah, I had on Blue jeans too.

First XC race, (which is what I always wanted to do) was hot, dusty, and 11 miles long, riding the same 400. Got 11th out of 22. I was shaking in my boots, and jeans on the holeshot, (dead engine start), and wanted to be mid-pack. I went into the first turn 2nd, guy in front of me crashed a mile in, nearly lead the whole first lap, but lost back brakes, and front were extremely weak at the time. Haven't missed a single Mid-South since, and run a few nationals and other series' races here and there, but the 400 is long gone, and the days of racing in blue jeans are gone too.

BlaineKaiser450
01-04-2010, 03:56 PM
I was 13 at Estreet Mx in Nor-Cal. October 28, 2007. I was on my stock 450 and went 5-6 for 5th overall out of 12.

beastlywarrior
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
mine was a couple years ago at malvern mx i was 16 on my warrior it was completly stock i remember doin every jump i finished last and was about a quarter lap behind everyone else but it sure was fun

MX MaNiAc 06
01-04-2010, 05:21 PM
End of this summer was my first and only race. I'm not by any means new to riding but I had never raced. I went to register and tried to register for A class but they wouldn't let me because I'm on a 505. So they put me in open class. There was one other quad and i beat him by half a lap one moto and I think he took himself out the other moto. Got first but what did I really accomplish? haha Wish they let me in A class to see how I hold up against some fast guys.

swamp
01-04-2010, 06:34 PM
i have never raced a quad or a motorcycle.... I used to drag race at Houston raceway alot...but my little pig races and her first race the first moto she got lost pretty much and came in2nd to last if it were not for a dnf would have

2nd moto and little talk shes running a tight 3rd and right at the finish line gets it and never lets off. She was pumped, so of course everybody else was pulling off the track and she plows right into the back of a kid i have it on video somewhere i will try and find it