PDA

View Full Version : Answer S-ii Equalizer Silencer 4-sale

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 02:35 PM
IT COULD PROBABLY USE A REPACKING BUT i JUST TOOK IT OFF MY "R" WHEN I PUT MY NEW PTR EXHAUST ON IT... i SOUNDED AND RAN FINE. THE SILENCER IS ALUMINUM AND WITH A LITTLE FINE FINE SANDING WITH FINE GRIT SAND PAPER WILL GIVE IT THAT LIKE NEW SHINEY BRUSHED ALUMINUM LOOK AGAIN!! BUT MAKE ME AN OFFER... I HAVE A FATBOY 2 NOW AND I DON'T WANT IT... I'M TRYING TO SELL OFF SOME USED PARTS FROM MY 86' "R" TO HELP PAY FOR THE REBUILD JOB!! I still have the AAEN header too but it was painted black.. that is how they came from AAEN but the paint has chipped away on 40% of the header so it would need to be sand blasted and repainted but its not rotted nor has any holes in it... it wasnt a bad pipe either... it is a pipe designed for tight woods racing.. it would be great if I ran hair scrambles but I don't... i wasn't sure if anyone would be interested but I'm adding it to my post.

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 02:37 PM
another pic

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 02:38 PM
this is my PTR exhaust... this is not for sale... lol

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 02:42 PM
nice and chrome:D

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 03:26 PM
pic of the AAEN header i will sell.. this is old school

LAEGER525
01-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Could you send more pics of your pipe & silencer to, laeger525r@gmail.com THANKS

250rPRIDE
01-03-2010, 05:17 PM
you also might want to get that fatboy mounted properly. you have the wrong rear mount with only one bolt holding on the whole silencer. you might have some cracks shortly if its not secured properly. just tryin to help...

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 09:44 PM
"jimmy rigged": when you buy a quad sometimes people put parts on it that are not made for the sole purpose of what the original part was... I'm sure you've seen some cob jobs... I just put my new exhaust on with the brackets that were in place because i wanted to fix the exhast leak I had for now... some dummy put a piece of radiator hose on as a clamp from the head pipe to the silencer and it was blowing that exhaust and crap on the rubber line that goes to my rear brake master cylinder i think it was and the gaskit ring on the head flange was shot so it was leaking out the head too... i didn't want to cause any damage to the engine so i replaced the gasket and rest of the pipe... it won't be on there long anyways as its getting torn down for a frame up rebuild... this is why i'm not too concerned about the silencer exhaust hanger.. i already fabbed up a new support for the header that replaces the factory broken hanger from under the gas tank... PTR eliminator pipes don't used that support that hangs from the bottom side of the tank either... there is a bracket on the header with instructions to remove the flat metal braket from the top and mount it from the bottom of the head pipe to the bolt on the engine mount however it was adifferent bracket i would need to fab up to do that the right way since the stock hanger bracket would not work even if it hadn't been broken.. so i fabbed up a mount to mount it to the bolt that holds my belly skid pan in place... thanks for your trying to help though... I'll post some more pics of that head pipe and silencer...

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 10:07 PM
more pictures for every one

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 10:12 PM
make me an offer i'm not asking anything outragoues

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 10:16 PM
these are all the pics i have of it on hand... i've been keeping it at the old mans and until my garage clears out a bit i have no room to work on it...

OLDRRacer
01-03-2010, 10:39 PM
How much for the silencer? Mines pretty beat up...

86DUNCAN250R
01-03-2010, 11:25 PM
Make me an honest offer and I'll find out the shipping cost... Its not really worth hastle if i'm gonna get an offer like $5.00.. I was thinking $30-35... its all aluminum and like I was saying it is not in bad shape but probly wouldn't hurt to repack it... It will look like a near brand new brushed aluminum silencer with the emblems still on it in good condition if someone takes 15 minutes with fine fine grit sandpaper and takes the grey film off it from starting to oxidize from wetness... I'm not looking to rape somebody's wallet... just put a few bucks toward another part for my restoration on it... thanks.