PDA

View Full Version : Predator 90

paint101
01-03-2010, 10:53 AM
Ok I have a friend who has an 05 Predator 90.

Here's the deal. His CDI boc went out. He replaced it, and now it seems as if it has a revlimiter or something with it. He said it was pretty fast till he replaced the CDI.

Any thoughts folks?

nordic quad
01-03-2010, 12:44 PM
Sounds like an aftermarket CDI got replaced with a stocker one?

01-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Your right Nordic the timing curves are totally diffrent from stock to after market. I bet your right.

paint101
01-03-2010, 01:29 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Yes the stock CDI box was replaced with an aftermarket one.

The guy that replaced it, told him that the Goverment mandated some blah blah blah stuff about it being under 125cc. He didn't think he could get a stock one.

Now it a stock one is available? Is it something he can switch out himself? or does a "dealer" need to do it?

Thanks Brian

01-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Can you take a pic of your cdi box so we can see which one you have? It sounds like he took out your aftermarket and replaced with stock which was mentioned in an earlier post. The stock has a rev limit on it so you will not get everything out of what you have. Please let us know so we can help you. Thanks

paint101
01-04-2010, 04:58 AM
He said that it would start sometimes an sometimes it wouldn't.

They took the stock CDI off and replaced it with an aftermarket one. Now it starts perfect, but seems like it ha a studder box.

His way of describing it is, "Seems like the stock CDI would turn up to 5000, and this one only turns up to 2700".

I will try and get pic later today.