PDA

View Full Version : Huevos 12 opinions?

hondariderdylan
01-02-2010, 04:44 PM
I just got mine today and figured a would ask since i did the same thing last year for 11.

i thought it was good that they branched out with some different stuff(a little supermoto, youth 90 mods). I liked the durablue sticker and RM discount they included.I also liked the free riding section they did with renner. The things i didnt like were the length(45 minutes) and the fact that i have no clue where the "bonus features" are, it says they are in there on the back of the case but i have tried every button and went through the movie 3 times and i didnt see anything.

what about everyone else?

BlaineKaiser450
01-02-2010, 05:12 PM
I feel baisically the same way

yellowzo3
01-02-2010, 05:45 PM
I don't even follow the movies anymore. They have an entire year to film and they can only seem to produce 45 minutes worth of footage? Seriously? Was this one full of stock Polaris' too? These movies should be an hour and a half if you ask me. They could include some other things in the movies that people asked for last year. Some examples:

-Riders talking about how they find jumps or lines and how they shape them, figure out which gear to hit it in, etc...
-What a day in their life is like... tons of fmx and mx riders for bikes do these
-Show them figuring out cool camera angles, setting up the camera crew for a big jump, brainstorming the shots, etc...
- Rider interviews or bio's

None of those things would cost them any extra money to do. And no one is asking for extreme editing on these parts or anything else. Actually, I think people want it toned down a bit :p ...maybe they did that this time around?

That's cool of them to include the stickers and RM discount though. Sadly, every year more people seem to be unhappy with the films so I doubt I'll ever buy another one. I'm sure all the guys out there are working hard to produce a quality movie so props to them on that and all the long days they put in.

TrapZ400
01-02-2010, 06:01 PM
I thought the movie was awesome. Its definitely one of my favorites out of the series.

Joe Byrd's- I really liked his part the beginning was great! It was funny. My favorite part was the look on his face when the dog opened the door for him. hahaha The riding in it was good. Overall I thought it was great.

Dumont- I liked it. Im normally not a big fan of dune segments but this one was really good. A lot of cool shots. And it was cool to see Thomas Brown out there shreddin the gnar with the bomb squad. The music was good too.

BS Mud Nats- I liked it. It was nice to see akraix and the bomb squad riding together.

Costa Rica- Sick Riding

Moore Compound- Caleb's tsunamis are sick!

Mud Nationals- the part in the beginning was funny. The mud nats look like a fun time.

90 Mod- Nice to see Wes giving the young guns some exposure. Those kids were ripping it up!

Ocotillo Wells- I really liked this one. It was cool to see Renner and Caleb riding together. Caleb is amazing at free riding.

Italy- Another cool segment.

Yokley's- The beginning was funny. A lot of great riding.

Monte Carlo- Good shots and sick riding.

Loretta Lynn's- I really liked it. Music and editing was good.

White trash bash- it was funny

Keith Little- I think this may be my favorite part of the movie! Everything was so sick! The beginning was epic! The whole part was great I cant find anything that I didnt like about it. I find myself watching this segment over and over again.

Monaco supermoto- cool segment

Lake Havasu- The part when they are in the plane is funny. The music and the riding went well together.

I thought it was really nice of them do show respect for Jeremy Lusk at the end. RIP LUSK

Huevos 12 is sick! It is worth the $30. I liked how they had some funny parts in it between the main segments. The one thing that I didnt like was that there is not any bonus footage. I dont know about you guys but in the older Huevos I enjoyed listening to the director commentary. Interviews with the riders on their parts and stuff would be nice.

yellowzo3
01-02-2010, 06:42 PM
Trap, I must have watched Huevos 6 like 10 times listening to Wes talk about it haha... They didn't have it in this one? IMO its just as cool as the music.

TrapZ400
01-02-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Trap, I must have watched Huevos 6 like 10 times listening to Wes talk about it haha... They didn't have it in this one? IMO its just as cool as the music.

Yea dude! lol It is cool to hear about how everything went down. Theres no bonus footage at all in H12.

coryatver
01-02-2010, 07:39 PM
I heard this is probably the last one. I guess he can't make any money anymore. They blame it on piracy and the economy but maybe he just needs to make a better movie that is actually worth 30 bucks like the old ones were.

CADWELL
01-02-2010, 08:08 PM
After 11 and even hearing mostly not good ting about 12, I've keep my $30 and spend it on something worthy.

We need something like National Born Killers or Beating the odds....

muddy400EX
01-02-2010, 08:45 PM
i thought it was alright. to me the music absolutely blew tho, in riding movies i like music that gets you pumped. the music in 12 was just...wow.

anybody follow any other quad movies? whats a good one to get?

and i read its last of huevos also

hondariderdylan
01-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Joe Byrd's- I thought the beginning was pretty corny, and he only rode for maybe 2-3 mintues

Dumont- I liked it. Its good to see that many quads ripping it up at one time

BS Mud Nats- i also liked the bomb squad and akraix together

Costa Rica- decent.

Moore Compound- pretty good, short though

Mud Nationals- the part in the beginning was pretty funny. i love 4x4's too

90 Mod- neat to see the kids tearing it up

Ocotillo Wells- Finally a decent segment with quads and bikes on a pretty level playing field

Italy- could have been better

Yokley's- im an XC guy so this was one of my favorites. great filming. short like most of the movie

Monte Carlo- ok, i read the story in quad and i like the idea of getting it out there to other people

Loretta Lynn's- not an mx guy but good shots

White trash bash- funny but short

Keith Little- really good segment even for MX

Monaco supermoto- something about seeing quads drifting all the way around those pavement corners was just fun to watch

Lake Havasu- The part when they are in the plane is funny. The music and the riding went well together.

X2 on the lusk tribute, nice music for it aswell.

TrapZ400
01-02-2010, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by muddy400EX
i thought it was alright. to me the music absolutely blew tho, in riding movies i like music that gets you pumped. the music in 12 was just...wow.

anybody follow any other quad movies? whats a good one to get?

and i read its last of huevos also

The factory and Beating the odds