PDA

View Full Version : how to push brake piston??

dubee
01-02-2010, 03:48 PM
how do i get the back brake piston all the way back so i can use my new pads, its really close but not enough

Latemodel32
01-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Put a "C" clamp on it and tighten it it will move the pison in and when the pads are installed pump the brakes they will move back

dubee
01-02-2010, 03:53 PM
i got it down pretty far with a screw driver, you think ii just need to pump the brakes now?

slightlybent47
01-02-2010, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by dubee
i got it down pretty far with a screw driver, you think ii just need to pump the brakes now?

No don’t pump the break that will just make the piston go back out. Put one of the old pads in and then put a large socket on top and then use a large channel locks to push it in.

mycat8urskidoo
01-02-2010, 05:03 PM
a c clamp against an old brake pad works perfect, or if you have a few bucks you can get a decent little disc brake tool set at meijers, there like 15 bucks i think , has a piston press thing, and quite a few other misc sockets and allen keys that i found came in handy when doing brakes on multiple vehicles, not necessary if you have a c clamp laying around, but its cheap and i found myself using the set more than i though ti would