PDA

View Full Version : Stator

knoxville9
01-01-2010, 07:49 PM
Okay well usually I answer question and have no problems that I can't solve. Anyway it's winter and here in Pa it's dark by like 4 30 so I've been doing lots of night riding and if I ride around with my lights on and then stop turn it off for a little then going again maybe 2 or 3 times with like 30 or 40 minutes of riding inbetween by about the third time my battery dies and I dont leave my lights on and I start it without the lights on I replaced the battery. It still happened to me tonight, I think the Stator isnt charging it enough. Any comments would be nice, help or anything really? BTW how can I test my stator

Honda5
01-01-2010, 08:45 PM
all you need is a voltage tester you can check it at the battery when the motor is off and then check the voltage when it's running (I'm guessing it should be around 13.5 volts or so) that will tell you if the stator is working. If you need one let me know I have a good one in my shop.

knoxville9
01-02-2010, 10:19 AM
okay thanks I'll try that

Limited Z_400
01-03-2010, 12:08 PM
could be the stator but I would lean towards the rectifier/regulator.Check the AC output and resistance of the stator if ok then it could be your rect./reg.Good Luck.