PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha kodiak plow

westmassk
01-01-2010, 12:15 PM
Hi,I recently bought a 2002 kodiak w/ a snowplow.The only labeling on it is a warning sticker that on it's bottom says Yamaha.I need parts,but the local Yamaha dealer says Yamaha doesn't make them & without knowing the brand [ Warn,Meyers,Etc. ] he can't help me. It's a manual cable lift & I would like to get an electric type lift.I do not have a winch on the quad as of now.Any help as to how to identify would be appreciated.The person I purchased it from gave no literature & the dealer he got it from new does'nt keep records past a year [ supposedly]. Thanks

Trxracr
05-09-2010, 09:33 AM
i have an 03 kodiak which also has a supposed yamaha plow it has a small winch monted on the plow if i was you id go with a winch on the quad cuz as soon as the plow starts to build up with snow that little winch wont lift it im lookin at gettin a winch from harbor freight its a 3000lb winch for $140 but idk how good it is

westmassk
05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
YOUR LOGIC IS SOUND.and,YOU GET A LOT MORE FOR YOUR MONEY AT HARBOR FREIGHT.SINCE IT'LL BE A LIMITED USE,i WON'T WORRY ABOUT QUALITY [ i SUSPECT MOST OF HARBOR FREIGHT'S STUFF IS FROM CHINA OR WHO KNOW'S WHERE. Thanks again, westmassk:)