PDA

View Full Version : Fan switch temp question

nevadanotch
12-31-2009, 08:01 PM
Does anyone know what the temperature the water has to get to before the fan comes on?

I,m using a YFZ450 radiator for a special project and wondered what temperature the fan comes on at.

quadboy-55
01-02-2010, 12:21 PM
i do believe the thermostat determines the temp. not the radiator. the thermostat is usless untill you hook it up to the fan and YFZ wireing harness.

im not sure what it has to be at to turn the fan on, but i say you should try google. there might be your answer.

nevadanotch
01-02-2010, 02:26 PM
I was trying to find out what temperature the switches within the radiator are designed to close at allowing the fan to come on. I should have been a little clearer in my question.

A thermostat will open once water circulating within a motor reaches a specific temperature. This will then allow the water within the motor to circulate into the radiator to be cooled. A thermostat does not determine what the water temp will be.

The thermo switch in the radiator is simply a switch designed that once the water reaches a specific temperature, the switch will close allowing a circuit to be completed and does not have to be connected to a YFZ harness. It can be used for any application. If power is ran through the switch to the fan down line after the switch, once the water has heated up the switch enough for the circuit within it to close, the fan will work.