PDA

View Full Version : What do I need to fix this problem

adamcky
12-31-2009, 07:11 PM
Ok, a few months ago I was riding my lt250r and I was ripping through my backyard and my bottom a-arm fell off and it dug into the ground and I flipped the quad a few times destroying my headlight, bending my bars and snapping my thumb throttle. I bought new bars and throttle, and I bolted the bottom a arm back in and it keeps falling out. What do I need to fix this? A balljoint? New A-arm? Hub?

tommygunnz
12-31-2009, 07:18 PM
haha I was launching off a huge jump today and just before I left I did one last jump then went to turn in to a burm and my bottom right ball joint came out! luckily I didnt wipe out.I dont mean to laugh at you its just funny it happened to me today and ur thread was the first I saw.must be the ball joint like mine either it came apart or it could of slipped out were the ends are.

adamcky
12-31-2009, 07:24 PM
LMAO I'm not the only one!! sorry to hear that thought. Dude..I wish I had my wreck on camera, it was so funny. I had to have been going 35mph. In the middle of the wreck while I'm doing front flips I look back and see the quad heading straight for my head I threw the god damn thing away from me saving my self from getting smashed. The only thing I got hurt from was at one point in the wreck the grab bar smashed the back of my leg, I crushed a few nerves and was on crutches for a while. I SHOULD HAVE BEEN WEARING A HELMET, Now I learned my lesson.

Could the part in the hub assembly were the ball joint bolts in be woredown/bad?

LTandRaptorider
01-01-2010, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by adamcky
Could the part in the hub assembly were the ball joint bolts in be woredown/bad?

That would be the spindle. The lower ball joint is held on to the spindle by clamping force. Are you sure you're tightening the bolt enough that clamps the ball joint into the spindle? I forget the torque spec... But if it's tight enough, then it would be the ball joint that is worn.

adamcky
01-01-2010, 02:27 AM
I cranked that thing down as tight as I could get it.

headache
01-01-2010, 09:01 AM
i would replace the ball joints top and bottom and maybe the whole a arms. I had the same thing happen to me on a yamaha warrior about 2 years ago. I was hauling butt up a hill in 3rd gear and all of a sudden i was flying through the air! Luckily i had my helmet on so when i landed on my head all it did was kinda jam my neck lol. be sure to check your spindle too and make sure the hole that the ball joint sits in isnt wore out.