PDA

View Full Version : Rode a Predator

nastynotchback1
01-20-2003, 04:05 PM
i want to lay to rest the myths on this 4 wheeler.i rode one with a pipe and it is BAD!!!!!!!!!!.i have never rode a stock 4 wheeler with so much power or suspension.it is awsome.the power band is just like a 2 stroke.so close to one that if you didnt know it was a 4 stroke you would think it was a 2 stroke.all i will say is dont judge it till you ride one.i didnt think they were going to live up to the hype but they did.thanks

joeroadking
01-20-2003, 04:45 PM
they do fly once the get rolling, but not quite a 250r, but much better than I expected I would have bought one if it had reverse

4Wheels
01-20-2003, 05:19 PM
How does the witdh of the predator compare to other quads....whats is it most similar to?
JZ:devil

jwisniew
01-20-2003, 06:01 PM
i wanna know if this is a good mx machine?

nastynotchback1
01-20-2003, 08:05 PM
it is about 5 in wider than 400ex and it is a awsome mx machine straight out of the box.the only reason it feels sluggish out the hole is because it is spinning so bad.

lilpoppy
01-20-2003, 08:25 PM
I saw a few predators this weekend out at pismo and I think they are pretty bad. I saw one race 4 raptors and it was keeping up pretty well but it looked like it was going to lose by about 2 lengths at about 200 yards. It was hard to see the finnish because it was so far away. But overall i was impressed.

TravEX
01-20-2003, 08:28 PM
if it only had reverse!!!

I'd buy one today if it did!

Nausty
01-20-2003, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by jwisniew
i wanna know if this is a good mx machine?

same here, all that extra weight makes you wounder.

nastynotchback1
01-20-2003, 08:46 PM
i rode on an mx track this weekend with it and it performed well.raced a tricked out banshee and beat it.wasent any raptors around but if you hook it up i think it will eat a raptor

BS300ex5
01-20-2003, 09:16 PM
several of yous are saying if it only had reverse you would buy it yet you are running 400's with no reverse so why is it all of a sudden suuch a big deal to have reverse... jes seemed like an excuse to me

TravEX
01-21-2003, 06:15 AM
Originally posted by BS300ex5
several of yous are saying if it only had reverse you would buy it yet you are running 400's with no reverse so why is it all of a sudden suuch a big deal to have reverse... jes seemed like an excuse to me

no it's not an excuse,,,i love my 400, and will always keep it, but out here in 'the sticks' i need reverse from time to time,,,there's times that i just wanna head out through the timber, but don't cause i know i'll find a tight spot and have to back up,,,plus, i rode a KFX a few weeks back, and reverse is a sweet thing on a sport quad,,,,later

joeroadking
01-21-2003, 06:28 AM
Originally posted by BS300ex5
several of yous are saying if it only had reverse you would buy it yet you are running 400's with no reverse so why is it all of a sudden suuch a big deal to have reverse... jes seemed like an excuse to me the reason I said that is because getting off to turn the quad around in the woods is a pain in the ***** , I just think that a new atv should come with reverse, had it on my craptor and my poolaris 400sport, and loved it , true the 400s do not have it ,but I only paid 2500.00 for it, that is acceptable, now my r does not have reverse but that is more of a race bike also acceptable(who needs reverse on a track?)all I am saying is I would not shell out 6k for a quad with out it for recreational use , and , the polaris as built is great but already starts out a little outdated, without reverse there was several threads about the possibilty of them releaseing one in the future with reverse and, all I was saying is that would be one in my garage now, but I will wait a year and see what else comes out.