PDA

View Full Version : Race Tech suspension questions

BakerRacing40
12-31-2009, 01:35 PM
well since my front shocks are in serious need of attention, i did some price checking this morning to see how long i should cry tonight.. Yamaha dealership wants 400 to rebuild to stock... think i'll pass on that one.
then i went to Sandtrax to bs and see how lonnie and ed have been and see what all good stuff i need to get.. well they were telling me about the race tech kit to rebuild both fronts and the rear shocks. triple rate springs on the front and dual in the back. valved to me and all that stuff...

so how good are these race tech rebuild kits and how do they rate against other aftermarket shocks? what money would you spend on them?

just a fairly big investment and i need some emotional support... lol
thanks for you time and opinions

Colby@C&DRacing
12-31-2009, 03:12 PM
The Race Tech components are good but you will spend $950 for just the parts installation is extra. We charge $900 for the same style setup installed springs, high flow pistons, valving, fluid, service etc. OEM shocks work very well with some work and upgrades. They are an economical alternative to buying higher priced after market shocks but they do have some limitations. The adjusters on some of the factory shocks are not as responsive and have a narrower range than some of the after market, shaft diameters are smaller and weaker, and the aluminum bodied shocks can require more frequent servicing to maintain peak fluid performance.

leev26
01-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Just send them to Colby, was the best upgrade I ever made to my bike. I will never ride on stock shocks again!