PDA

View Full Version : Tech Question:

Brauap
12-31-2009, 11:47 AM
Hello Everybody!
I have a tech question for some of your computer guru's:
When I put a DVD into my computer what file does it go under? I would like to open it in Windows Movie Maker and edit some parts.. but I can not find the file or the DVD ANYWHERE!!
Does anyone have an idea on were it is at?

Thanks Guys!
Happy New Years!
Colton W.

Scro
12-31-2009, 11:52 AM
Right click on Start, and click Explore. You should see a DVD Drive (D: ) on the left side of the screen.

Brauap
12-31-2009, 12:29 PM
Your a genius! THANK YOU!

Another question:
When I am at Windows Movie Maker, I click on: "Import Video."

Once the new page opens for me to select what to import I click on: "DVD RW DRIVE (E:) XTREME_SAMMY_S2F_SD"

Then two files open, one is AUDIO_TS and the other is VIDEO_TS. When I open either on, many more files open but they are all the same with just different names.

When I click on one of the files to upload to Windows Movie Maker, this message pops up: "The file E:\VIDEO_TS\VIDEO_TS.BUP cannot be imported because the codec required to play the file is not installed on your computer. If you have already tried to download and install the codec, close and restart Windows Movie Maker, and then try to import the file again." What do I have to do to be able to edit it?! It's a PITA!

Thanks Again!!!

Scro
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
I don't have any experience with video editing, but I do know that .bup is just a backup file. I would think you would use a different file to upload the video.