PDA

View Full Version : Need help! Anyone have any contacts for this.....

BMW Dr.
12-31-2009, 11:45 AM
I obviously am one who's riding style involves pressing my inner knees into the quad (for control). With the picture below, you can see the 'hole' in my graphics, from my Alpinestars.

I am aware of the product that DFR has available, but they only offer grip kits for the lower edge of the rear fenders.....and I have cut that edge off.

Anyone know where I can find someone that makes a similar decal that is thick and grippy for this area? Or know where I can buy some material and cut it myself?

TIA :chinese:

http://jonsmithphoto.com/darren/pics/450/plastic/plastic2.jpg

JHracing4
01-03-2010, 07:27 PM
You could buy some skateboard griptape and cut it out to the shape and size you need.

kfx400rider03
01-03-2010, 08:20 PM
sorry this has nothing to do with your question but you must have massive blisters on your inner knees.

d7k8
01-03-2010, 10:31 PM
you could try either stomp grips, or tech spec. they are companys that usually make grip pads for sport bike racers.
stomp grips are made for dirt bikes as well. they have a kit that is universal and can be cut to fit. (tech spec is the same way). stomp grips have a very bumpy (volcano like) texture.
tech spec is a rubber like pad, and for motocross it may not last as long, but with each one, you need to prep the surface VERY well for them to adhere.

BMW Dr.
01-04-2010, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by JHracing4
You could buy some skateboard griptape and cut it out to the shape and size you need.
I think grip tape would be too much in that area.

Originally posted by kfx400rider03
sorry this has nothing to do with your question but you must have massive blisters on your inner knees.
Thanks for your useless and non-comical post. You must be 14 years old or so, I'll just leave it at that.

Originally posted by d7k8
you could try either stomp grips, or tech spec. they are companys that usually make grip pads for sport bike racers.
stomp grips are made for dirt bikes as well. they have a kit that is universal and can be cut to fit. (tech spec is the same way). stomp grips have a very bumpy (volcano like) texture.
tech spec is a rubber like pad, and for motocross it may not last as long, but with each one, you need to prep the surface VERY well for them to adhere.
A friend linked me to the StompGrip.......which is available through Yamaha. It is about $40 just for the section I want it in.......pretty pricey.

Someone else I know swears to me that there is a similar material you can buy and cut yourself to fit.....and is fairly inexpensive. If I can't find that source.....I will probably just end up with StompGrip.

BakerRacing40
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
if you find a cheap solution let us know, i've been looking for something similar but no luck yet.. thanks!

kfx400rider03
01-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by BMW Dr.

Thanks for your useless and non-comical post. You must be 14 years old or so, I'll just leave it at that.

wasnt trying to be comical at all
just was asking a question because used to get blisters on my inner knees from doing the same exact thing. btw im 18...

BMW Dr.
01-09-2010, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by BakerRacing40
if you find a cheap solution let us know, i've been looking for something similar but no luck yet.. thanks!
I emailed Dirt Fiend Racing on Ebay.......they have exactly what I was looking for, but instead it goes on the rear fender in the same general area. They emailed me back pretty quickly, and said they do have the exact pieces I need.......with a 1-2 week turn around. They ran me $32 shipped. I'll post some pics as soon as they get here.