PDA

View Full Version : PV mechanism question

garrettagr
12-31-2009, 08:30 AM
Like in my other post, I have a 340 PV. I tried riding it without the pV installed and find that i like the valve in there because it gets to much like a light switch without it. But, when looking through the exhaust port, I see that even when the valve is all the way open, it still blocks or protrudes into the exhaust port somewhat. Is this just an esr powervalve design function or flaw or do all of the PV designs do this? If it is an esr problem, can I get a rotax PV and install that one? I also thought that i could maybe trim the PV on the mill and make it so it does not poke into the port when opened. This does not seem safe to me as it may ruin the valve and make it not work properly. Just a thought and you wont know unless you ask. thanks

Honda 250r 001
12-31-2009, 11:51 AM
there is a little red adjustor on the top of the plastic cap, you need to loosen that up so the powervalve can go back into the roof of the exhaust.

garrettagr
12-31-2009, 04:10 PM
This is an esr valve which has no red plastic part. It is all billet and when taken apart. There are no adjustments, the exhaust insert just bolts to the piston which has no adjustments. That is why I brought up milling. When closed, it closes off half of the port and when open fully it still covers one quRter of the port. Only movesabout half inch or so. Anything I can do?

deathman53
12-31-2009, 06:06 PM
the Esr type pv isn't preferred. you can bolt on a rotax or ct type pv and those have those red knobs in which that you adjust the spring tension. I have rotax pv and it will almost open all the way, probably 1/2" of movement

garrettagr
12-31-2009, 08:38 PM
Where would I be able to get a rotax or ct valve. Would ijusf call up ct or are there other places I can get one?

Honda 250r 001
01-01-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by garrettagr
Where would I be able to get a rotax or ct valve. Would ijusf call up ct or are there other places I can get one?

send neil at c leigh racing a pm, i believe he has some tricks to make those esr pv's work better.