PDA

View Full Version : Vortex On An E-ton

nastynotchback1
12-31-2009, 06:41 AM
I bought a vortex cdi off this site.Guy said it would work on an e-ton but i have no instructions and all the wiring colors are different.

e-ton stock cdi

2 wire plug connector- black wire and white wire

blue with white tracer

blue with yellow tracer

black with red tracer

vortex cdi

2 wire plug connector - black and orange

red wire

white with red tracer

what hooks to what.thanks

nastynotchback1
01-01-2010, 11:06 AM
anyone got an idea?

nordic quad
01-01-2010, 12:00 PM
Not shure what brand cdi in the link but may help you?:confused:
Stein A

http://www.lakesmotorsports.com/eshopprod_cat_508-9506-15582_product_201299.CDI_Box_Instructions.htm

etondaddy
01-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Can you post a pic...... sounds like your running the stock harness. With every aftermarket cdi I've used we removed the stock harrness. and the two stator wires mached up the red or orange went to the coil hot the black was a ground and the black w/white tracer depending on the cdi got grounded to run or grounded to shut off......thats the one we used to use for the tether. Until we changed to using the coil hot for the tether. You only got four wires......... I'm sure we can make it work. But if you want to keep the stock harness you my be screwed.....I've never seen a aftermarket cdi that plugs into the stock harness.

Mike Kozura

nastynotchback1
01-01-2010, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by etondaddy
Can you post a pic...... sounds like your running the stock harness. With every aftermarket cdi I've used we removed the stock harrness. and the two stator wires mached up the red or orange went to the coil hot the black was a ground and the black w/white tracer depending on the cdi got grounded to run or grounded to shut off......thats the one we used to use for the tether. Until we changed to using the coil hot for the tether. You only got four wires......... I'm sure we can make it work. But if you want to keep the stock harness you my be screwed.....I've never seen a aftermarket cdi that plugs into the stock harness.

Mike Kozura

So i have to build my own harness?Not a problem if that is the case.

etondaddy
01-01-2010, 06:19 PM
Lets see a pic of it....or e-mail it to me mikekozura@yahoo.com

All you need is the wires coming from the stator a cdi and a coil.....you can remove the rest....and some ground wires.

PM me your phone number if you want and a good time to call and I'll try to help.

Wait a minute this is a 2 stroke jog motor right.........?????

Mike Kozura

nastynotchback1
01-02-2010, 05:04 PM
my number is 864-993-6956 but it will be monday before i can deal with it now.i have a 2 stroke cvt motor.is jog another name for it?

etondaddy
01-02-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
my number is 864-993-6956 but it will be monday before i can deal with it now.i have a 2 stroke cvt motor.is jog another name for it?
Ok......yes they are Yamaha jog motors

Mike Kozura

Full Throttle00
01-06-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by nastynotchback1
anyone got an idea?

PM, Email with Pics Sent

nastynotchback1
01-06-2010, 07:23 PM
thanks for the e-mail.I am scraping the e-ton now for parts because i have a kasea roller on the way and i will be installing the motor swinger along with this cdi and a few other parts on the kasea.It does not have a wiring harness so i will be wiring the bike from scratch so i may be calling you.thanks

markvette
01-08-2010, 07:58 AM
eton swinger wont work on a kasea

Mark

nastynotchback1
01-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by markvette
eton swinger wont work on a kasea

Mark

What is different on it? Dave Carter told me it would fit but i may have to change the shock mount to get it to work right.

01-08-2010, 08:45 AM
Well if thats the case I have one you can reocate the shock mount on swinger if you pat shipping you can have it. Square tube let me know Nasty.

nastynotchback1
01-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by tgcheeseman
Well if thats the case I have one you can reocate the shock mount on swinger if you pat shipping you can have it. Square tube let me know Nasty.

I will let you know.thanks

nastynotchback1
01-08-2010, 03:21 PM
Swinger is on and everything fit great.Matter of fact the whole quad is done except for the rear brake caliper and i will get that done tomorrow.thanks