PDA

View Full Version : 265cc cylinders, look to ESR soon

C-LEIGH RACING
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Thats right, you guys looking for new 265cc cylinders to build a two stroke for the new ATVA classes offered, your wait will soon be over.

Talked with Eddie Sanders (ESR) this morning for a right good while & he is up for starting back up production of the 265cc cylinders.
ESR has in stock, 1200, 310cc machined castings ready to go & for time sake, right now, will aluminum sleeve & nikisal plated one of those in a 66mm bore size for doing a stroker build to get to 265cc or in a 68 or 68.25mm bore version.

Later on as time & funds permit, cylinders will be 265PV & will offer block off plugs for the pv for someone wanting a non pv 265 cylinder.

Looks like ESR is steping up to the plate for the ol 250R, for those that want to race them & keep them alive.
Neil

86 Quad R
12-30-2009, 12:35 PM
this is good news. i've always loved running the 265 engine and never had the opertuned to run one the "ESR, CT, LRD ect ...... always ran the OEM version lol cost reasons, mostly. i look forward to trying one of these new runs. thanks for sharing neil.

randy

250Renvy
12-30-2009, 01:12 PM
That's fantastic, now if only we can get more motor parts made. Cylinders are useless without transmissions, cranks, and cases.

1promodfan
12-30-2009, 02:03 PM
Thats good to hear Neil!! Also I know Eddie is working on a few other parts too. Good to hear of someone helping us keep the heritage alive.

Originally posted by 250Renvy
That's fantastic, now if only we can get more motor parts made. Cylinders are useless without transmissions, cranks, and cases.

I hear throught the grapevine that there is a few models being made right now. From what I've gathered, someone is working on some billet cases and billet tranny's too.;)

86 Quad R
12-30-2009, 02:38 PM
yes. there are guys out there that have already ironed out the billet trannies for the banshee. so the know how is there. its just a matter of supply en demand... i feal this will help. matter o fact, i'd be nice that the oem stuff start re-appearing. :D

machwon
12-30-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by 250Renvy

Agreed, and the billet cases/transmissions will surely be very high priced. Hopefully the cases will accept a newer CR tranny or similar. Cranks will not be a problem, but the tranny conversion I'm doing right now is a nightmare. I'm pretty sure I just bought the last pair of L and R shift forks, 6th gear MS and collar. Honda has discontinued a lot of tranny parts.

K-Dub
12-30-2009, 07:44 PM
Duncan racing still has their PC2000 listed at 265cc for sale. I called about them and was told they are available.

C-LEIGH RACING
12-31-2009, 01:16 PM
Just to add to this, Eddie is real strongly thinking about casting new 250R cases as well & hopfully according to him the price for the pair will be cheaper than OEM.

He said its been awhile since hes been able to get any brand new OEM cases & that Honda has been doing some down sizing & that is two items that were cut from production.

Hopfully, if we have big enough interest, in TRX250R owners bringing them back out to race, maybe Honda will take notice & bring those parts out of production back in to production.
Neil

Honda 250r 001
12-31-2009, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by C-LEIGH RACING
Just to add to this, Eddie is real strongly thinking about casting new 250R cases as well & hopfully according to him the price for the pair will be cheaper than OEM.

He said its been awhile since hes been able to get any brand new OEM cases & that Honda has been doing some down sizing & that is two items that were cut from production.

Hopfully, if we have big enough interest, in TRX250R owners bringing them back out to race, maybe Honda will take notice & bring those parts out of production back in to production.
Neil

That news is orgasmic!!!!!!!!!! Because there is demand for the parts, and its getting to the point that the R will be driven out of racing because parts arent available. If we can keep parts being manued for the R, we can keep the 2-stroke alive for a long time.

matt250r21
12-31-2009, 02:08 PM
I wonder if these new ESR 265 cylinders will accept the old Rotax PV parts.

C-LEIGH RACING
01-01-2010, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by matt250r21
I wonder if these new ESR 265 cylinders will accept the old Rotax PV parts.

No, not unless a pulse hole is added to the cylinder casting during the machining process.
The ESR PV valve gets its operating pulse from the end of the blade itself, right on the end & pushes the blade open.
Neil

woodsracer144
01-02-2010, 01:00 PM
any pics of the new cyls?

C-LEIGH RACING
01-02-2010, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
any pics of the new cyls?

Looks just like the Pro-x cylinders, except it has the letters ESR cast in the left side just above the transfer ports.
Neil

woodsracer144
01-02-2010, 01:15 PM
what pv set up are they runnin, i havnt read all the post, i didnt know if they are running the same ones as before or changing it...

C-LEIGH RACING
01-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Far as I know its the same one. They have different tention springs you can get now though to change the opening times.
Neil

IcutMetl
01-02-2010, 02:40 PM
I've read a lot of info and opinions (both good and bad) regarding ESR cylinders and powervalves compared to the other competitors. I really don't have the knowledge or experience yet to say what's better or why...if at all. Why is the ESR powervalve setup not as popular as the rotax, FTZ, Duncan, etc..., and will the different cylinder/PV setups improve this?

woodsracer144
01-02-2010, 02:53 PM
oh, i rode on a mx esr 265 and i wasnt too crazy over the motor... i didnt really care for it at all...