PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestars Tec3 Boots

Tofu.Man
12-30-2009, 05:21 AM
I got a pair of Tec3's for Christmas this year and was adjusting the straps and I went a little to tight on one. Please excuse my being naive, but I cannot get the straps to loosen. Is there some sort of trick to this?

12-30-2009, 08:25 AM
pull them out. and pull back. i got some also. love them

Tofu.Man
12-30-2009, 08:37 AM
I'm trying that but no luck. I can get one or two notches to let go but after that no go....I might just be being a lil wimp about it and need to put some more into it, but I'm scared if i pull to hard ill break the boot somehow.

12-30-2009, 08:37 AM
nah. you wont break it. just pull hard and it should start to move.

KXRida
12-30-2009, 08:55 AM
Hold the leather leather piece of the boot itself with one hand and kinda hold it down as if you were trying to "peel" the strap apart from the boot. I creates an angle and allows you to move the strap a little better. It's hard to explain.

quad2xtreme
12-30-2009, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Hold the leather leather piece of the boot itself with one hand and kinda hold it down as if you were trying to "peel" the strap apart from the boot. I creates an angle and allows you to move the strap a little better. It's hard to explain.

...meaning that you need to grab the strap and create an angle before pulling it apart (such that the teeth aren't gripping). It is hard to explain.

Tofu.Man
12-31-2009, 08:28 AM
Thanks Guys. I got it. They are a PITA to get out but I got it. Again ATVRiders.com Prevails again.

KXRida
12-31-2009, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by quad2xtreme
...meaning that you need to grab the strap and create an angle before pulling it apart (such that the teeth aren't gripping). It is hard to explain.

haha yah something like that. Personally I like the old Astars buckles better. They were a little more prone to breaking, but I think they were a lot easier to adjust and easier to close.

slightlybent47
12-31-2009, 01:56 PM
Great to see you got it worked out. The good thing is once you get them adjusted you won’t need to mess with it any more. I have the same boot and love them and they have lasted for two years and still look like they will last for a few more.

Sounds like you had a good Christmas.