PDA

View Full Version : Its almost PARTY TIME!!! Happy New Year!

QuadJunkies
12-30-2009, 01:47 AM
WOW.. this year has REAALLY flown by!!! I am so not ready for a new year yet! :p

We all know how bad things were with the economy woes and such in 2009, but what was some of your fondest memories of 2009?

As we all begin to ring in 2010, I wish you all a happy and SAFE New Year and ..............DRINK ONE FOR ME PLEASE!!! :blah: :D

Robin Hood
12-30-2009, 11:42 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
As we all begin to ring in 2010, I wish you all a happy and SAFE New Year and ..............DRINK ONE FOR ME PLEASE!!! :blah: :D

Does that mean you're buyin? Haha

Happy New Year everyone! BE SAFE GUYS!

KXRida
12-30-2009, 11:50 AM
WOW.. this year has REAALLY flown by!!! I am so not ready for a new year yet! :p

We all know how bad things were with the economy woes and such in 2009, but what was some of your fondest memories of 2009?

I'll sneak in more than one for yah!

QuadJunkies
12-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
I'll sneak in more than one for yah! after the week I had I could use a lot ! Lol

derekhonda
12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Fondest memory of 09? There aren't many.

Aside from a few friends dying, the 20% pay cut I took at work, and overall a miserable year...I did buy a house! I guess thats the best thing and fondest memory that happened to me.

JR3
12-30-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by derekhonda
Fondest memory of 09? There aren't many.

Aside from a few friends dying, the 20% pay cut I took at work, and overall a miserable year...I did buy a house! I guess thats the best thing and fondest memory that happened to me.

haha i hear ya besides almost loosing my leg to a staff infection , my gf of 2 and a half years breaking up with me and the final awesome thing 2009 has for me is im getting layed (sp) off tomorrow afternoon. but there were a lot of positives for me as well got to race/ ride more then usual this summer met new friends threw riding etc. so i guess it wasnt that bad :rolleyes:

slightlybent47
12-30-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by JR3
haha i hear ya besides almost loosing my leg to a staff infection , my gf of 2 and a half years breaking up with me and the final awesome thing 2009 has for me is im getting layed (sp) off tomorrow afternoon. but there were a lot of positives for me as well got to race/ ride more then usual this summer met new friends threw riding etc. so i guess it wasnt that bad :rolleyes:

I’m going to try to repeat a poem I have somewhere I can’t find right now but here goes.
I found this years ago and have always liked it.

There once was a non conforming sparrow,
that decided not to fly south for the winter.
But soon it started to get too cold so
he reluctantly decided to fly south.
But before long his wings started to ice up
and he soon fell to the ground in a barn yard.
Then along came a cow and it crapped on him.
The bird thought it was doomed,
but soon the manure started to warm him
and warm and happy he began to sing.
Just then a cat came along and herring the chirping he investigated the sounds.
The cat turned the manure over a promptly ate the bird.

The moral of the story is:
Those who sh*t on you are not necessarily your enemy.
And those who get you out of that sh*t are not necessarily your friend.
And if you’re warm and happy in a pile of sh*t keep your mouth shut.

JR3
12-30-2009, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
I’m going to try to repeat a poem I have somewhere I can’t find right now but here goes.
I found this years ago and have always liked it.

There once was a non conforming sparrow,
that decided not to fly south for the winter.
But soon it started to get too cold so
he reluctantly decided to fly south.
But before long his wings started to ice up
and he soon fell to the ground in a barn yard.
Then along came a cow and it crapped on him.
The bird thought it was doomed,
but soon the manure started to warm him
and warm and happy he began to sing.
Just then a cat came along and herring the chirping he investigated the sounds.
The cat turned the manure over a promptly ate the bird.

The moral of the story is:
Those who sh*t on you are not necessarily your enemy.
And those who get you out of that sh*t are not necessarily your friend.
And if you’re warm and happy in a pile of sh*t keep your mouth shut.

so what does that have to do with me loosing my job haha jk bro i hear ya could always be worse

slightlybent47
12-30-2009, 05:02 PM
Yeah just watch the news and you’ll see that it could be much worse. I have been put through the ringer this year as well, but I have a secure home and all the toys are paid off.
I can’t ride or do anything but I have a roof over my head and sooner or later it will get better. I wish you well for the New Year and hope it turns around for you.
Just keep on keeping on!!!

KXRida
12-30-2009, 05:26 PM
after the week I had I could use a lot ! Lol

haha I've had the entire last week off so I feel like a complete bum!

slightlybent47
12-30-2009, 05:45 PM
Trouble is I haven’t ridden in so long it’s going to kick my butt when I do get to ride. I have a friend that said he will buy me a ride at the track but the weather won’t cooperate.

I guess I’ll break out the old 8,000 watt PA and have a party. (BYOB) of corse.

KXRida
12-30-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by slightlybent47
Trouble is I haven’t ridden in so long it’s going to kick my butt when I do get to ride. I have a friend that said he will buy me a ride at the track but the weather won’t cooperate.

I guess I’ll break out the old 8,000 watt PA and have a party. (BYOB) of corse.

haha well despite the recent snow in Tx, I'm usually out of riding for around 5 months or so until the weather cooperates. I bought my kxf and only rode it twice.

slightlybent47
12-30-2009, 05:55 PM
What snow we do get isn’t much and it won’t stick for long so it’s more of a nuisance than anything. Not enough to have any fun with at all. It’s just been so wet there’s no since in trying to ride. The bike is prepped and ready to go and the trailer is packed, just waiting for some better times to roll around again.

ZeroLogic
12-30-2009, 08:06 PM

Get layed off, you'll feel like a true bum.

Quad18star
12-30-2009, 09:02 PM
I'm sure glad 2009 is comming to an end . This is a year I wish i could forget. Between the passing of my daughter and too many days spent in a hospital bed , I'll be glad to say So Long to 2009 and Hello to 2010.

Cheers to 2010 and may it bring new light to a better decade then the last.

Everyone have a safe and Happy New Year.

BTW Tina ... I'm getting completly chitfaced tomorrow night , so I'll have a few for you ... enough to hold you over for the next year. :p ;) I do it once a year .... and tomorrow as best of time as ever.

JHracing4
12-30-2009, 09:16 PM
Happy new year to all, anyone going to glamis? ill be out there for new years :p

Quad18star
12-30-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by JHracing4
Happy new year to all, anyone going to glamis? ill be out there for new years :p

I wish !!!

motofreak2772
12-30-2009, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by JR3

Dude I've read some of your sucky stories on here and you know what I think? I think this is your perfect opportunity to start all over, move somewhere you've always wanted to live or just go somewhere new, new job, new everything. Maybe even change your name lmao jk.

KXRida
12-30-2009, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
Get layed off, you'll feel like a true bum.

haha I couldn't afford to get layed off.

jesseweaver
12-31-2009, 04:15 AM

yea i have off today and i feel like a bum lol

TCracin440ex
12-31-2009, 06:57 AM
goodbye 2009 hello 2010, i bet celebs are happy to see 2009 over with too....2009 has been the year of dead celebs.

i got bored and looked up how many celebrities died in 2009. it was 6 pages of celebs that died in 2010.

so KMA 2009

Ruby Soho
12-31-2009, 08:12 AM
2009 was a bad year for a lot of people, but for me it wasn't bad.. accomplished a lot of things, and had a lot of fun. up untill about november. lost my job and things slowed down quite a bit but i think 2010 will be even better.. and a good one for most

TNT
12-31-2009, 04:00 PM
6 hours left ECT...bring it 010! Woo-hoo! :D

ATVMX33
12-31-2009, 04:15 PM
2009 wasnt the best race season for me....so i hope for a great 2010 with a new quad!

TNT
12-31-2009, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
2009 wasnt the best race season for me....so i hope for a great 2010 with a new quad!

Hear that what ya thinkin Can Blam? KTM? :D You still hitting the gym?

ATVMX33
12-31-2009, 04:30 PM
Originally posted by TNT
Hear that what ya thinkin Can Blam? KTM? :D You still hitting the gym?

huh?
i'm going from suzuki to honda...and yes i do hit the gym..haha

TNT
12-31-2009, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by ATVMX33
huh?
i'm going from suzuki to honda...and yes i do hit the gym..haha

Are you the same ATVMX that was asking me how to bulk at the gym on the scene? If not sorry! Good luck w/the hon....

Just kidding making fun of Can-am I call Can Blam! Ha!

Pappy
12-31-2009, 05:15 PM
Deer butcherin' party here:D

Pappy
12-31-2009, 05:19 PM

Things to remember in 09

Getting my new pup "Gauge"
Having fun taking wildlife photographs
The kids and wife stayed healthyf or the most part (poor Cody has my luck i'm afraid)
Cody clearing the 100 ft triple
All my friends and those that have passed on to a better place

Things to forget

Bad economy
Codys wreck at Yadkinville
All the friends that left this world
All the bad luck that seemed to follow me this year :p

TNT
12-31-2009, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
Deer butcherin' party here:D

Pappy your a blood sucker vampire that sucks the blood of your victims admit it lmao...got to love ya man! Happy New Year! Terry

Pappy
12-31-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by TNT
Pappy your a blood sucker vampire that sucks the blood of you're victims admit it lol...got to love ya man! Happy New Year! Terry

Not sure about the Vampire...and I dont suck nothing but a cold beer:p

I will say that I am still very very...very mean with a rifle:cool:

JR3
12-31-2009, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by motofreak2772
Dude I've read some of your sucky stories on here and you know what I think? I think this is your perfect opportunity to start all over, move somewhere you've always wanted to live or just go somewhere new, new job, new everything. Maybe even change your name lmao jk.

haha anyone near you hiring got a room/garage for rent? haha im not ging out tonight either got bronchitis (sp) and am on antibiotics gets better and better thanks 2009 haha

TNT
12-31-2009, 07:59 PM
Alright peeps this is TNT the old ATV guy were 2 hours away from 2010 here on the east coast Charaleston beautifull SOUTH Caroline on the water and I'm heading out to the beach club get a beer and cigar lets all hope for a better ATV 2010 not only for our industry, pro's, am's, and I'M SAYING H** YEAH to racing in 010 as we sweep the New Year from here across the country for the better!!

Cheers be safe! Happy NEW YEARS to all ATV brothers and sisters @ ATVRIDERS.COM

T :D

ATVMX33
01-01-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by TNT
Are you the same ATVMX that was asking me how to bulk at the gym on the scene? If not sorry! Good luck w/the hon....

Just kidding making fun of Can-am I call Can Blam! Ha!

nope..not me..haha
:D
thanks