PDA

View Full Version : laeger ball joint question

iowaexer
12-29-2009, 11:44 PM
ok this may sound stupid but here is my question....i got some laeger long travel a arms and the nut that holds the ball joint on has a rubber or plastic thing to lock it on....my problem is when i am tightening it as soon as i get to the rubber piece the ball joint just spins completely and i cant get it tightened past this point...please tell me im an idiot and theres an easy way to do this...thanks

witech
12-30-2009, 06:37 AM
If you can get at you can with a needle nose vice grip you can grip the exposed shaft until the stud binds itself into the spindle. Sometimes just putting pressure on the spindle with a block under the arms is enough to get it to grip and hold enough to tighten it. i pesonally prefer castle nuts as they cant come loose with a pin in them. . Ive seen the nylocs come loose.

iowaexer
12-30-2009, 03:23 PM
awesome thanks for the reply....i will try that tonight...i prefer the castle nuts also..thats the way it was stock...but this is what laeger sent with the package so i guess i will run them..

Scro
12-30-2009, 03:32 PM
You will want do the bottom balljoint first. Put pressure on the joint by leaning the spindle over and putting your weight on the spindle. This will keep pressure on the shaft, enough for the nut to thread on.

Once you get the bottom tight, put the top balljoint in and give it a good whack with a hammer on top. It won't hurt anything, and it will push it down into spindle far enough to hold it tight.