PDA

View Full Version : Factory rides for 2010

TrapZ400
12-29-2009, 11:17 PM
So far there are only 6 atv mx pro riders that have factory rides.
Can-Am
1. Jeremie Warnia
2. Chad Wienen
3. John Natalie

Suzuki
1. Dustin Wimmer
2. Josh Creamer

Yamaha
1. Thomas Brown

Everyone else is going to have to do it without factory backing.

I have read online from a very reliable source that the Media Allstars team will probably have Cody Grant and Pat Brown racing in the pro class for the team. Cody Gibson will be with JB Racing and Jeremy Lawson will be riding for Walsh Race Craft aboard a Suzuki.

If anyone else has anymore info on what the riders in the pro class are going to do in 2010 feel free to post it.

reconmaster
12-30-2009, 09:10 AM
Goodman is riding Honda just not sure who for. Nick Denoble is riding Honda last time I talked to him I will try checking with Gee this week. Cody Miller is riding for BCS Can-AM

yellowzo3
12-30-2009, 09:26 AM
WTF 6 riders? That sucks. Big money out of pocket if these guys are trying to do it by themselves for the most part.

I wouldn't be surprised if some riders (Gust maybe?) sat out this season if they had to pay any significant costs to travel around. Unless their sponsors make it worth their while. I'm sure Gust doesn't need the money that bad.

tt racer
12-30-2009, 10:34 AM
Sad to see honda selling all those atvs and cant give any support! Everyone knows times are tough but man, guess 100 % of the profits going to japan fellows! Keep buying our products well market you pros but dont look for any help, nice!

Robin Hood
12-30-2009, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by tt racer
Sad to see honda selling all those atvs and cant give any support! Everyone knows times are tough but man, guess 100 % of the profits going to japan fellows! Keep buying our products well market you pros but dont look for any help, nice!

Support those who support you! That's why I'm thinking about switching to Can Am. They do so much more for our sport compared to any other company.

reconmaster
12-30-2009, 12:15 PM
i know we say the 2 wheel racers suck alot of money out of factories. honda also has car racing to deal with and if anything that will be the last group that gets lil to no funding

yellowhonda400
12-30-2009, 12:26 PM
no factory rides for kawasaki? i know creamer switched which i wasnt to happy about. i didnt realise wienen switched to can am. this sucks. i feelbad for all those honda riders though. i cant believe they wont support anyone especially bird.

IRONFLIGHT2
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
come on 6 riders thats all we know about. nobodys got a sisters brothers cousin that lives down the street from some of these guys.

JIM GRACE
12-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by TrapZ400

I have read online from a very reliable source that the Media Allstars team will probably have Cody Grant and Pat Brown racing in the pro class for the team.

does media allstars still run Suzuki

It would be nice to see pat switch it up and
have some good luck. He has what it takes

TrapZ400
12-30-2009, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by JIM GRACE
does media allstars still run Suzuki

It would be nice to see pat switch it up and
have some good luck. He has what it takes
Im not quite sure what they will use.

CADWELL
12-30-2009, 05:49 PM
About the only clue I have about what may be going on is that someone was in tlks with LSR about a month back, but because nothing was set in stone, the source wouldn't say who it was.

In any case though, maybe we'll start bseeing the LSR rig next year like in seasons past.

JAKELTR450
12-30-2009, 07:12 PM
pat brown will be on a suzuki. i have heard this a month ago. but didn't know with what team. also morello will be on a ktm in the nationals. and pilotte with ktm in the neatv. and jason fife on a yamaha in the itp quadcross.

TNT
12-30-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Support those who support you! That's why I'm thinking about switching to Can Am. They do so much more for our sport compared to any other company.

It’s that simple, you all should STOP supporting and buying products from companies that don’t support our sport or pro’s, they have thier livelyhood invested in this sport. Can-am has come a long ways since thier first year 2008 and many of the great engine builders like Motowork’s and BCS really have them dialed in, not to mention a long list of after market companies that supply parts and accessories growing as big as thier competitors(see below). 2009 shaped up with some good technical improvements, 2010 s/b better. On top of supporting our pro’s they just approved 1.6 mil in contigency money spread accross many of your favorite series, and have a great x-team rider support program giving $1,000’s off to approved racers....just seen an amature get approved for this program with little to no racing experience.

I know it sounds like I work in their sales dept, well I don’t own a 09, as stated above just support those that support us.....

A Arms:
Houser
Lonestar
ATV FourPlay
Bopp Racing
Walsh
RP Evolution

Shocks:
Fox
PEP
Custom Axis
Elka
Race Tech
HLS

Skid Plates:
BCS Performance Rotor/Sprocket guards
Warnert Sprocket Guards
Pro Armor
PRM
DG
BRP
AC Racing

Steering Stabilizers:
Precision
Streamline
Alba

Bumpers/Grab bars:
PRM
DG
Blingstar
BRP
Pro Armor
AC Racing
Rath Racing
Factory 43

NerfBars:
DG
Pro Armor
AC Racing
BRP
Rath Racing

Chassis Parts:
BCS Performance
Lonestar
ATV Fourplay
Motoworks
BRP
Walsh
RP Evolution
GT Thunder

Exhausts:
Motoworks
FMF
HMF
Ron Woods
Rossier
Yoshimura

Fuel Management:
Motoworks
Dynojet
FMF
HMF

Engine:
CP Pistons
BRP
BCS Performance
Motoworks
Rossier
Web Cams
Xceldyne
Falicon Cranks
Rage
Dasa

Steering Stems:
Houser
BRP
Lonestar
Walsh
RP Evolution

Cooling system:
CV4
BCS Performance
Motoworks
Fluidyne

Graphics Kits:
BCS Performance
GoForIt Graphics
SSI

Seat Kits:
Quad Tech

Wheels (Honda Bolt Pattern):
DWT
Hiper
ITP
OMF
BRP

Wiring Harness:
BCS Performance
Motoworks

Axles:
RPM
Lonestar
Durablue

Sprockets:
Tag Metals
Sidewinder
Hot Seat
Primary Drive

Filters:
No Toil
K&N
Twin Air

450ice
12-30-2009, 07:35 PM
any word on dunk

CADWELL
12-30-2009, 07:54 PM
Maybe we'll get some more clues after this weekends round 3 and 4 of the DWT series in Glen Helen....

JAKELTR450
12-30-2009, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by 450ice
any word on dunk

golden west again itp.

patrickj75
12-31-2009, 09:19 AM
Uppy is still on his Baldwin/Honda. I've heard Joe Byrd will still be on a Honda.

yellowhonda400
12-31-2009, 12:32 PM
do they show the races on tv. anymore. i wanna watch them. What about the internet? i havent seen any atv racing since like last year because i dont get verses anymore :(

TrapZ400
12-31-2009, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by yellowhonda400
do they show the races on tv. anymore. i wanna watch them. What about the internet? i havent seen any atv racing since like last year because i dont get verses anymore :(
Go to this link.
http://www.atvriders.com/atvracing/ama-atv-mx-racing-2009.html

Atvriders.com has video coverage of the 2009 season.

TrapZ400
12-31-2009, 02:21 PM
I guess Goodman is going to stay on a honda and race the GNCC series and continue racing for Matlock Racing in the desert.

133tmf
12-31-2009, 03:14 PM
pretty sure pat brown is on honda not factory jus his choice , thomas brown is runnin wit jb/ suzuki not yamaha ? kawi blew budget with hetrick team ? sucks !!! all from the champs mouth ! everything else seems rite ? but u never kno till first race forsure ?

TrapZ400
12-31-2009, 03:43 PM
is atvriders.com going to be getting some videos going of the riders to hype up the 2010 season? Like what twmx does for the bikes. I know they have a higher budget but still I would like to see some new videos.

450ice
01-01-2010, 09:09 PM
goodman runnin gncc? not mx and flat track

patrickj75
01-02-2010, 05:27 PM
goodman runnin gncc? not mx and flat track

I read in the Micheal Coburn interview on here that Goodman would be running MX and GNCC for sure. He may not run all of the EDT's.

jkiserracing
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
Uppy is still on his Baldwin/Honda. I've heard Joe Byrd will still be on a Honda.

Really? I know it would sure be different to see Byrd on something other than a Honda however I figured he would definately be on some teams list (what teams there will be) to pick up. Otherwise The Joe Byrd riding school is going to pick up the tab for buying all the quads he will need? That just dont seem like it would be. But who knows I guess.

patrickj75
01-02-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by jkiserracing
Really? I know it would sure be different to see Byrd on something other than a Honda however I figured he would definately be on some teams list (what teams there will be) to pick up. Otherwise The Joe Byrd riding school is going to pick up the tab for buying all the quads he will need? That just dont seem like it would be. But who knows I guess.

I'm sure Joe has plenty of inventory to keep racing Hondas.

jkiserracing
01-02-2010, 09:19 PM
I'm not sure he does. I went to his riding school last year at his home in TN and there were very few quads left then. (to build that were new that is.)

TRXman86
01-02-2010, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Robin Hood
Support those who support you!

I would ride a Can-Am... but as many as I have seen broken when I pass them on my Yammi... I can't find myself doing it...

mxpimp2000
01-03-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by JAKELTR450
pat brown will be on a suzuki. i have heard this a month ago. but didn't know with what team. also morello will be on a ktm in the nationals. and pilotte with ktm in the neatv. and jason fife on a yamaha in the itp quadcross.

i bet u $20 pat will be on a honda

IRONFLIGHT2
01-03-2010, 03:29 PM
IDK ANYTHING BUT I COULD SEE PAT BROWN ON A HONDA BEING HIS BIKES ARE ALWAYS FOR SALE IN HONDA POWERSPORTS IN NJ

01-03-2010, 03:41 PM
Pat will be no where near a suz. He is going to be riding new colors though. Wait for the press release.

IRONFLIGHT2
01-03-2010, 03:50 PM
we all know you got those secret ride spots in nj that you dont want to share that you prob ride with pat while we all look for places to ride.lol

01-03-2010, 04:06 PM
shhhhhhhh

TrapZ400
01-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by Ridetrpdotcom
Pat will be no where near a suz. He is going to be riding new colors though. Wait for the press release.
He will be on the media allstars right?

01-03-2010, 05:42 PM
Dont count on it.

TrapZ400
01-03-2010, 05:46 PM
really!?

haha give us a hint...

01-03-2010, 05:52 PM
Ive said enough. When the time is right it will come out.

TrapZ400
01-03-2010, 05:55 PM
hahahaha

450ice
01-05-2010, 05:14 AM
Anyone here anything about sage baker or cale dowen where they riding ?

300ex_#387
01-05-2010, 07:00 AM
Anyone here anything about sage baker or cale dowen where they riding ?

I don't think cale will be racing.

reconmaster
01-05-2010, 09:22 AM
i know cale hurt his back last year i can't see him quitting he defintly has the potential.

motofreak2772
01-05-2010, 12:28 PM
I didn't get to talk to thomas brown at the track but he was on his yamaha and cody gibson was on his suzuki. There is this new team starting up, I think the owner is scott ward or something like that, I can't really remember. I know cody gibson, jeffery rastrelli, zack thompson, brian johnson, and some minis will be on it. Idrk much about the team though. I don't even remember if I was supposed to know about it or not lol. Thomas was riding with cody and brian so idk if he's going to be a part of it or if he is just friends with them. If thomas is at the track this weekend I will ask him what he will be riding. I can't believe I got to ride on the same track as him, he was soo fast. That's the only yamaha I was happy to see in front of me lmao.

reconmaster
01-05-2010, 01:02 PM
i think thomas is still havin a factory ride with yamaha....

my question is is pelchat still have can am fACTORY RIDE?

LTRracer4
01-06-2010, 09:21 AM
The past few seasons have been smeered over with everyone on factory rides. The races always came down to whose motor would hold up for a 20 minute moto. Im really excited about this season, it will be a big change in the norm, and we will see more raw talent from riders. BTW I made the switch to Can am. Can am and KTM both have a pretty solid amatuer support program. Polaris too actually, if you are an up and coming racer do your sport a favor and ride one of the three. You can ride your Hondas, Kawis, and Suzukis when you get signed to a pro contract:o

TrapZ400
01-09-2010, 04:10 PM
Eichner got a KTM deal.
http://www.atvriders.com/atvnews/ktm-2010-doug-eichner-450-sx-atv-worcs-quadcross.html

woodsracer144
01-09-2010, 08:26 PM
what about the woods guys?

i dont really care for honda... i will say can am has their quads priced really good, i could get a mx or xc for about 4550 -4750 OTD...

DEVINF450R
01-12-2010, 09:51 AM
I seen Cale at Arena-Cross a few weekends ago, from what I hear he isnt planning to race this season, but that may change. he is fast, thats for sure.

reconmaster
01-12-2010, 10:07 AM
cale could be taking a year off to make sure all of his injries are well healed so he doesn't agrivate them right away

LTRracer4
01-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by reconmaster
cale could be taking a year off to make sure all of his injries are well healed so he doesn't agrivate them right away

He seamed pretty sure hes setting it down for good, but we all know you cant stay away from this sport. im sure he will be back, its just hard to race a pro level with weak support.