PDA

View Full Version : ok...i need YOUR advice

Pappy
01-20-2003, 01:59 PM
ok...my new 400 is now in a million pieces. the frame is being stripped....along with other parts. im gonna keep the silvervein a arms and swing arms for now....but i need to figure out a frame color and the other lil parts and pieces.

rico said i have to do the frame in redvein or he will set it on fire at hatfield:p so i was thinking ....elka red everything else:confused: also....im thinking of doing the oil tank in redvein to match the frame:confused:

i need some input.....cuz in about an hour .....its gettin some bling laid down on it:devil

Doibugu2
01-20-2003, 02:02 PM
Do the oil tank in black or silver. Don't do it the same color as the frame, do it something else so it stands out.

XANDADA
01-20-2003, 02:10 PM
Black chrome is one of my favs but I also like silver hammertone which I just had mine done in. It would be worth it just to spite Rico. Besides its probably gonna be cold at Hatfield!:rolleyes:

01-20-2003, 02:13 PM
hey kenny do u have any pics of hamertone. i just got my aarms done in hammertone and wanted to see some diff pics of it

Pappy
01-20-2003, 02:14 PM
no i dont....i hate hammertone...lol flat grey...yuck:blah

no seriously...i use it for small parts ....it really doesnt do much for me:o :p

01-20-2003, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
no i dont....i hate hammertone...lol flat grey...yuck:blah

no seriously...i use it for small parts ....it really doesnt do much for me:o :p

hrmm

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 02:18 PM
yes definitly redvein the frame or else ill have to personaly come down to asist Rico in the burning lol but id say elka red for everything else and on the oil tank go with mirror black or somehting with a good gloss I think that would make the 400 look awsome. Is this going with the yellow plastic?

Also what color are you going to do the lrd frmaed 400?
killed

Porkchop
01-20-2003, 02:44 PM
stick with the colors you pick'd out kenny.... it will look badass

you're going with yellow plastic's correct?

racin 400
01-20-2003, 02:46 PM
Do elka red frame oil tank do it in primistic black.

Sparks425Ex
01-20-2003, 03:30 PM
Here ya Go:

Frame:

Shimmering Candy Blue

A arms:

Silver Vein

Swing Arm:

Silver Vein

Oil Tank:

Silver Vein

Hubs:

Shimmering Candy Blue

Plastic:

White or Black

toby400ex
01-20-2003, 03:32 PM
omg, your redvien is so saweet, do it in that. you have to , you have to. duh:D

Pappy
01-20-2003, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by toby300ex
omg, your redvien is so saweet, do it in that. you have to , you have to. duh:D
as you wish...be done in 20 mins:devil

01-20-2003, 03:44 PM
as you wish...be done in 20 mins:devil

ill be waiting for pics in 20 mins

250exen
01-20-2003, 03:49 PM
PICS PICS PICS
comeon pappy we need some pics!!

kicken250x
01-20-2003, 03:50 PM
you got a new 4 hun? dont think ive seen it? post a pic when you get done with the frame! this is gonna be sweet..

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 03:51 PM
well screw super im waiting for some pics lol. This is gonna look awsome!
killed

Pappy
01-20-2003, 03:52 PM
12 mo minutes:)

Foxrage
01-20-2003, 04:04 PM
Thats going to be sweet.

How much will it be to PC the oil Tank? Thanks

Pappy
01-20-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Foxrage
Thats going to be sweet.

How much will it be to PC the oil Tank? Thanks

$35 ......any color ya like:p

Porkchop
01-20-2003, 04:14 PM
i hate waiting :o .....

Pappy
01-20-2003, 04:23 PM
sorry...the tape was being difficult:p

Pappy
01-20-2003, 04:25 PM
looks ok i reckon:cool:

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 04:30 PM
thats awsome decided on the frame color yet?
killed

exriderdude
01-20-2003, 04:33 PM
i think you should have done the tank a different color than the frame

Pappy
01-20-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
thats awsome decided on the frame color yet?
killed

that is the same color im doing my frame....with a chrome subframe and yellow plastic:D

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 04:40 PM
thats gonna look sick you should try to get all red anodixed bolts for the thing of try to pc the heads on th bolts to make them match the frame color cause its the small details that set quads apart imho but it dont matter with the colors your going with its gonna be bad *****
killed

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 04:43 PM
P.S. im starting to save all my pennies to get my frame pc'ed pappys' redvein lol how much for a 300ex frame Thats if you could do a frame. I dont like my black frame that much do next year it will hopefully be changing colors again.
killed

Pappy
01-20-2003, 04:48 PM
i do frames:D the cost varies. i can do 400 frames....$150 subframes $65 if ya want wild colors the cost can go higher....

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 04:52 PM
well im wondering on the redvein lol also do those pices include sandblasting or however you get the paint off? Thats a good price either way lol
killed

Pappy
01-20-2003, 04:59 PM
yep...they include me prepping the frame or sub. if it has been pc'd before, it would add about $65 to the cost. pc is a ***** to remove:grr

exriderdude
01-20-2003, 05:06 PM
so that would be $215 for a whole 300 frame then....

a local shop did mine for $180

Derek
01-20-2003, 05:10 PM
i wander whos frame that is.:rolleyes: and how much would it cost if i got my frame stripped before i gave it to ya?

Derek
01-20-2003, 05:11 PM
Originally posted by exriderdude
so that would be $215 for a whole 300 frame then....

a local shop did mine for $180

and i can guarentee you your local shop doesnt have the color choices that pappy's got.

Pappy
01-20-2003, 05:29 PM
exriderdude...you get yer johnson stuck in a zipper or what? you have a chip on yer shoulder or something?

i recomend getting your frame done locally to save on shipping etc. get a grip lil man;)

RiPPiNiTuP7
01-20-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Derek6621
and i can guarentee you your local shop doesnt have the color choices that pappy's got.

And some local shops aren't exactly pros...I had a local shop do my hubs, and their was areas that they missed! Luckily Pappy is going to make it all better :cool: So you see, sometimes its better to pay a little bit more to have someone with the extra experience do the job....I know that now.

DantheEXman
01-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Lets see your local shop do your piece over and over untill the customer is happy. :huh

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by RiPPiNiTuP7
And some local shops aren't exactly pros...I had a local shop do my hubs, and their was areas that they missed! Luckily Pappy is going to make it all better :cool: So you see, sometimes its better to pay a little bit more to have someone with the extra experience do the job....I know that now.

Id rather spend the extra money to have someone i know and trust doing my frame then saving the extra money and geting crao like you did just my .02$ though i mean id rather get crap done professionaly than have some hich go out in the back yard and spray it and look like crap
pappy thats a big compiment lol i wont trust my dad now though! he screwed me over im mlike but clear coat on it when he did this frame hes like well we use a special powder that you dont need it and now the thing chips easier then *****. So im not gonna have him pc anyhitng else casue he wont clear coat it for me so that mean i jsut gotta save up and give you my buisness. Plus you can only do flat colors. No vein or prizem or stuff like that
killed

Pappy
01-20-2003, 05:41 PM
i mean id rather get crap done professionaly than have some hich go out in the back yard and spray it and look like crap

lmgdao....i am the original hick in the backyard:eek: i have a 10 x25 garage...thats where all the small stuff is done:p the frames are taken to a friends shop where he has a large enough oven for me to do them.

2R's told me along time ago.......pc shops dont know quads...well...i have learned quads:cool: i still screw up..im only human...but it dont leave here until I like the work. and im pretty picky:D

Derek
01-20-2003, 05:42 PM
Id rather spend the extra money to have someone i know and trust doing my frame then saving the extra money and geting crao like you did just my .02$ though i mean id rather get crap done professionaly than have some hich go out in the back yard and spray it and look like crap
pappy thats a big compiment lol i wont trust my dad now though! he screwed me over im mlike but clear coat on it when he did this frame hes like well we use a special powder that you dont need it and now the thing chips easier then *****. So im not gonna have him pc anyhitng else casue he wont clear coat it for me so that mean i jsut gotta save up and give you my buisness. Plus you can only do flat colors. No vein or prizem or stuff like that
killed

ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF HICKS!!!!:grr :p :D

Derek
01-20-2003, 05:44 PM
[B]lmgdao....i am the original hick in the backyard:eek:/B]

you said it, not me:p

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 05:57 PM
ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF HICKS!!!!:grr :p :D

Im definitly not making fun of hicks cause im prolly on of the biggest hicks you know lol and no im not missing any teeth lol but all i do is drive trucks tractors and 4 wheelers and do mechanic work and work out i quess i qualify for being a hick and pappy thats not how i meant it lol i know you do good work im refering to the kind that could give a crap they just want it done and they want your money lol sry if you took that wrong
killed

QuadRacer041
01-20-2003, 06:02 PM
holy cow i not gonna recognize my old bike:confused:

i think im having seperation enciety(sp?)im a little sad,:(

Pappy
01-20-2003, 06:07 PM
i know killed ...lmao:cool: :D

Pappy
01-20-2003, 06:57 PM
here is a thumb throtle housing...it will have a chrome top

Derek
01-20-2003, 07:03 PM
Pappy quit posting pictures!!!!! I am starting to get tired of having to go change my pants everytime i see your work.

jay's 300
01-20-2003, 07:10 PM
Pappy quit posting pictures!!!!! I am starting to get tired of having to go change my pants everytime i see your work.

Yeah, and I'm running out of bibs! :drool :blah

Derek
01-20-2003, 07:13 PM
when pappy opened his trunk off his car and i saw tommys frame i almost flooded tommys street!!!:p

Pappy
01-20-2003, 07:17 PM
lol...thx guys:p here is the throttle all done...and now its on ebay:D

Derek
01-20-2003, 07:20 PM
lol...thx guys:p here is the throttle all done...and now its on ebay:D

spreaded bling throughout the whole world

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 07:37 PM
thats sweet. How much you think you will be able to get for it?
killed

Wired
01-20-2003, 07:43 PM
wow kenny i cant wait to see this quad when its all done! :eek:

Tommy 17
01-20-2003, 07:51 PM
lookin very good pappy...

do u have a yellow vain for my swing arm and oil rezzy;)

killed300ex
01-20-2003, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by Tommy 17
lookin very good pappy...

do u have a yellow vain for my swing arm and oil rezzy;)

Ohh my god that would look sick i think we need to stop giving him so many ideas lol
killed

RideRed04
01-20-2003, 08:50 PM
Can I do a core change on that thing pappy? I'd love to have a blingin thumb throttle like that...but the down time isnt doin it for me. Ahh...black is fine for me

Pappy
01-20-2003, 09:03 PM
if you send it to me...and i get it on monday...it will be done and back to you by the weekend..99% of the time:D

RideRed04
01-20-2003, 09:14 PM
Ok...how much to get redvein on just the bottom? if I strip and if you do

Pappy
01-20-2003, 09:20 PM
if u strip...just the lower housing....$15 redvein with trans red and clear:p

Porkchop
01-20-2003, 09:36 PM
hey Pappy you should pc that AC front bumper :devil :macho :D

Pappy
01-20-2003, 09:38 PM
Originally posted by Porkchop

lmao...i already sold the ac...and bought a new PRM:macho

Porkchop
01-20-2003, 09:44 PM
:eek: dang.. what kinda PRM did you buy? you kept that one of the C-dale didnt you?

Pappy
01-20-2003, 10:00 PM
oh no...it wouldnt fit anyway....i got a new PRM

exriderdude
01-21-2003, 08:14 AM
exriderdude...you get yer johnson stuck in a zipper or what? you have a chip on yer shoulder or something?

i recomend getting your frame done locally to save on shipping etc. get a grip lil man;)

dude, what are you talkin about:confused: i was just sayin.

and to all the people that dissed:

this is not a dude in a garage that did it, this is a big company. they do pro pc'in for other companies.

oh, and i garantee you they have tons more colors than pappy, i ask them for blue and they gave me a novel full of all different shades.

dont tell me that pappy does a better job, he might, i dont know. but he is just one man workin alone in his garage or whatever and this is a big company that does it.

Pappy
01-21-2003, 08:17 AM
exriderdude.....you are being percieved as peckerhead....take it for what its worth. and since i have access to the exact same colors as any shop in the country...its a mute point as to who has the most colors.

i am not the best...dont claim to be. but i do my best...so if ya dont like it...click on the ignore button under my name:cool:

02 Red Rider
01-21-2003, 08:23 AM
Originally posted by exriderdude
dude, what are you talkin about:confused: i was just sayin.

and to all the people that dissed:

this is not a dude in a garage that did it, this is a big company. they do pro pc'in for other companies.

oh, and i garantee you they have tons more colors than pappy, i ask them for blue and they gave me a novel full of all different shades.

dont tell me that pappy does a better job, he might, i dont know. but he is just one man workin alone in his garage or whatever and this is a big company that does it.

No offense exriderdude. But what is your deal? Is it really necessary to get in a pissing match about this? It's great that you got your frame done locally by a shop that you are confident in. I am sure you saved a ton of money that way, but there are many people that are very happy with the work that Ken does and with his work ethic. Nobody HAS to ship there work out to Pappy but, if you are looking for someone that does PC and does it right at a good price then they SHOULD send him a PM and box up their parts.

Let's just leave it at that.

Jason

Pappy responded while I was typing. I'm a little slow.:rolleyes:

MSL
01-21-2003, 08:29 AM
i am not the best...dont claim to be. but i do my best...

Thats all that anyone can expect. From what i have seen and read
Pappy does great work and makes sure the job is done right or it dont leave his shop and he does the job in a timely manner and promptly ships the parts back. It seem that he goes that extra mile to make sure customer is happy. I would be happy to pay few bucks extra for that kind of service. Plus every part he PC's has that special "bling" to it.

Hewlett Packard started out in a garage now look at them;)

Pappy
01-21-2003, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by MSL

Hewlett Packard started out in a garage now look at them;)

so did henry ford....bill gates....jesse james....dale earnhardt....dont judge a man by his clothes:p

01-21-2003, 08:32 AM
Exriderdude never has anything nice to say. He's flamed and bashed me several times and yes he's got a chip on his shoulder and maybe one day we'll get lucky and someone will knock it off..:blah

02 Red Rider
01-21-2003, 08:35 AM
so did henry ford....bill gates....jesse james....dale earnhardt....dont judge a man by his clothes:p

Let's not get carried away now. I don't think that any of them wore bib overalls with no shirt on underneath like you.:devil :blah Well maybe Bill Gates.:devil

Pappy
01-21-2003, 08:46 AM
actually....if you ever watch the history of the earnheardts....the was some back woods rascals. dale went from overalls to armani;)

gates....microsoft was founded and started in a 2 car garage:p

larry flint started hustler magazine with $8000 worth of cameras and a bed at his house:devil

Derek
01-21-2003, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by Porkchop

YEA Pappy...you shoulddddddd pc that bumper;) :p

tants
01-21-2003, 03:46 PM
kenny just do the frame in bright pink, be different

exriderdude
01-22-2003, 07:47 AM
PAPPY- dude i have no idea what the hek you are talkin about:confused:

i just simply stated that i got mine done at a local shop... that is all i said, i did not imply anything about you. the main reason i did that was that i wanted to post a pic of my quad and that it had something to do with powder coating. then some people must have thought that i was saying that mine is better than yours or something and i tried to clear it up but i guess i just made it worse, i dont know why you called me a peckerhead:huh what did i say???

RICO- are you serious?? that was kinda unexpected, i am just poking fun at you, and you do it right back at me.

02 RED RIDER- i am not trying to get in a pissing match. and i never said i was confident in this company.... actually if pappy and the company that did mine would cost the same price, then i would send it to pappy.

dude, do you know who did my pc'in:confused: cuz the dude that did mine is named ken, and im not sure which one your talkin about..lol but i think your talkin about pappy right??