PDA

View Full Version : AMA Supercross 2010

BakerRacing40
12-29-2009, 09:07 PM
January 9th is going to be covered live from Angel Stadium in Anaheim, Calif. on speed channel.

Any predictions? thoughts? feelings?

another reed and stewart drama year or is somebody going to step up and shut them down?

TrapZ400
12-29-2009, 09:35 PM
Should be a good race. What fantasy supercross sites do you guys use?

SRH
12-29-2009, 10:10 PM
itll be stewart with some challenges from villopoto and reed riding in 3rd

KXRida
12-29-2009, 10:17 PM
Should be interesting with Villopoto and Reed on the same team. Reed is my primary rider, but once he's done in 2011 Villopoto will take his place. I'm excited to see how some of the former lites guys do. I have high expectations for Dungey. Lites, still going with Jake Weimer or Matt Lemoine. Matt Lemoine IMO is the most under estimated rider. Great guy and an even better racer.

Rootar
12-29-2009, 10:19 PM
Im curious to see how well dungey takes to the big bikes and how we stacks up againist the top five.

and HOPEFULLY Trey can keep himself in one piece this year and show how fast the oklahomie is in the Lites class. itll either be red of green out front in the lites and usually they are the most fun to watch anyways.

jesseweaver
12-30-2009, 04:07 AM
just throwin it out there, Jason Lawrence just got out of jail and is planning on being at anaheim 1. he might surprise some people. he's always had success in pure talent and not on hard work.

patrickj75
12-30-2009, 07:09 AM
Originally posted by TrapZ400
Should be a good race. What fantasy supercross sites do you guys use?

promotofan.com will be my first year trying it.

KXRida
12-30-2009, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by jesseweaver
just throwin it out there, Jason Lawrence just got out of jail and is planning on being at anaheim 1. he might surprise some people. he's always had success in pure talent and not on hard work.

If the kid could keep his head on straight, he'd be awesome IMO. I really liked watching him ride lites, but his last year or two has been nothing but bad. Just needs to hang low on the publicity stuff and take it out on the track. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I have a feeling Honda might start creeping it's way up this year. It's just one of those feelings that honda might start playing a factor this year.

Kinda excited to see how Josh Hansen does with Procircuit as well.

reconmaster
12-30-2009, 09:48 AM
i can see stewart, reed, vp, ferry, dungy, alessi, windam, short and millisaps duking it out most of the year not exactly all within eachother but you get the idea.

yellowzo3
12-30-2009, 10:11 AM

He hasn't ridden in 4 months though. He just got back on the bike, but did say he did say he did better than he thought he would his first time out. I think he'll do well, but wont be a threat to anyone running in the top 3.

Some people say the jail time really changed him. He said some of the people he met really changed his take on life also. Lets hope so.

As far as sponsors for him go: He signed a contract with No Fear while he was doing time :p and he's still with FMF as well. I think Jlaw said his gig with Monster is up at the end of the year and isn't getting renewed.

12-30-2009, 10:32 AM
I love jlaw and hope he does good. By mid season i think he can get back in top 5 easy and i hope he does.

But this is the man to watch for in 2010. He looked good in every video i saw of him. And hes been training with reed alot so i can see him being top 3 at round 1.

http://motocross.transworld.net/wp-content/blogs.dir/441/files/kawasaki_2010/258X0825.JPG

reconmaster
12-30-2009, 10:39 AM
well some people take lobger to mature and maybe thats what he needed i can see him put his head downa nd focus on racing and not the after parties. he may be a serious threat in the future and some day have a factory ride. he'll just need to show everyone hes a new person and a man not a punk

TrapZ400
12-30-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by patrickj75
promotofan.com will be my first year trying it.
Nice! I just signed up. Are you doing the free one or are you paying?

jesseweaver
12-30-2009, 03:57 PM
yea i'm not relly a big fan of jLaw, he's got an emormous amount of talent but just completely fails at using it. we'll see what the jail time did to him. and i thought he was banned from the AMA :confused:

i expect stewart to kill it again this year and win by a landslide. i can see RV in second with a close reed in 3rd. RV has been one of the fastest guys around for a few years. and i'm talking about when he was on a 250 too. his lap times were usually in the top 5 of the 450s and he stomped everyone at the MXoN one year on a 250 racing against all the 450s. if i remember right he pulled a hole shot too lol. and im anxious to see what dungey can do on a 450.

the lites were fun to watch outdoors this year but i think it'll be the big bikes that put on a good show this winter. canard will take lites if he stays healthy. weimer right behind him. what about barcia? how are some of those new guys that raced outdoors this year on a supercross track?

who do you guys think will be the surprises this year? i'm gonna say mike allessi on the big bikes. he's not the greatest indoor rider but we'll see if he can hang on to some of those hole shots. maybe jlaw too. i can see him winning a race or 2 that bubba crashes out of.

reconmaster
12-30-2009, 09:24 PM
i can't wait to see dean wilson rip it up rookie year in the pro class in the us. he rana couple of cdn national rounds in mx2 and won all of his motos and cleaned house

bubsyfz450
12-31-2009, 06:59 AM
i cant wait to see what happens!!! i already have tickets for the san francisco sx!! as long as it doesnt rain, its going to be AMAZING!!!!

racer36
12-31-2009, 07:13 AM
I see Villopoto, Reed, and Stewart battling for top all year

jesseweaver
12-31-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by racer36
I see Villopoto, Reed, and Stewart battling for top all year minus reed. i really don't think he's gonna be that fast this year. VP will MAYBE challange bubba a little.

i was watching some videos of the outdoors this year. i forgot how fast that 250 class was :eek2:

Bryson#221
12-31-2009, 10:06 AM
Oh man.

I just. can't. wait.

I'm really anxious to see Reed & Stewart battle it out again this season. Though...it's nice seeing someone new in the fight. After a while it gets kinda boring seeing the same two guys in the running the whole time.

Granted- Stewart always promises a good show. He never seizes to amaze me.

Order:
1. Stew
2. Reed
3. RV

I just need to stop talking about it- I'm hyperventilating.

KXRida
12-31-2009, 12:59 PM
minus reed. i really don't think he's gonna be that fast this year. VP will MAYBE challange bubba a little.

i was watching some videos of the outdoors this year. i forgot how fast that 250 class was :eek2:

Reed runs a consistent race. He puts down the lap times, but Stewart still pulls him, but isn't as consistent. When he makes a mistake, Reed capitalizes on it and usually wins the race.

Bryson#221
12-31-2009, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Reed runs a consistent race. He puts down the lap times, but Stewart still pulls him, but isn't as consistent. When he makes a mistake, Reed capitalizes on it and usually wins the race.

Well put.

JIM GRACE
12-31-2009, 01:19 PM
With all these fast guys there is going to be some
dirty racing for sure.

Reed on factory kawi is who I'm rooting for, Stewart Is my sons favorite cause he either wins or wrecks.
And dungy for Suzuki should be fast as well. Can't wait!

BakerRacing40
12-31-2009, 01:20 PM
i've always favored reed for some reason. stewart is fast as a ... well he's fast. so i'll be routing for reed, but if not reed i have a couple people in mind that i wouldn't mind seeing knock stewart off cloud nine. all in all seems like it's going to be a good year of hard racing..

hmmm... maybe we should start guessing how many times stewart goes down this season? races only, practice falls don't count.. so, 17 races this season (i think).. i'm guessing he goes down 22 times... lol

Napalm Nate
12-31-2009, 02:01 PM
thats what I love about james stewart, his all out Ricky Bobby attitude, "if your not first your last" or in his case if your not first you crash