PDA

View Full Version : LTZ VS EX intake tube?

Limited Z_400
12-29-2009, 06:52 PM
Is this mod worth it? I hear it is 2-3hp increase. Does anybody have proof?(dyno results) I have a LTZ that somebody mounted a EX tube with an aluminum air box which fits poorly.The tube is cut on both ends and rubs on the top of the shock.Should I buy a new tube and trim the big end only or go with the LTZ tube for proper fit and seal?

cataway
12-30-2009, 04:05 AM
Originally posted by Limited Z_400
Is this mod worth it? I hear it is 2-3hp increase. Does anybody have proof?(dyno results) I have a LTZ that somebody mounted a EX tube with an aluminum air box which fits poorly.The tube is cut on both ends and rubs on the top of the shock.Should I buy a new tube and trim the big end only or go with the LTZ tube for proper fit and seal?
getting all of 2hp in not unheard of ,its just enough that you can feel it , i may have graph that shows it ,that will have to come later.
cutting the small end is done to fit to a 39FCR carb ,you do not want to cut it to fit to a stock carb . the fcr is a better carb so dont throw out the ex boot that you have ,it is good to some one ,maybe you can use it if you ever deside to get the upgrade carb .
you have to raise the box or rase the hole on the box all most 1.5 -2'' to get the ex boot to work with the air box. i have pic's of all the things i have done ,but not right now.
for what your going to pay for the next set hp gains ,the ex boot is like free hp.

k2thej88
01-03-2010, 08:12 PM
i just modded my kfx with the ex boot this weekend, well worth your time and money! made a noticeable difference, will need to be re jetted and i suggest to run with out a lid and mayube use a outerwears prefilter to help the filter because of not having a lid on it! sounds alot throatier! and pulls hard :D

Limited Z_400
01-05-2010, 10:01 PM
ok which tube?early or late model?
honda part # 17253 HN1 A20 late model 400EX 04-09
#17253 HN1 000 early model 400EX 99-03
I think the difference is the size of the inlet of the tube. It needs to be 57mm(2.25")ID which is the size of the stock LTZ carb.

jonboy
01-06-2010, 08:37 AM
I used a 99' when I did mine. but since have went to a ESR

cataway
01-06-2010, 10:04 AM
i found the graph i was looking for ,the only real difference in these two pulls was the ex boot
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f9/cataway/power_vs_engine_speed_1.jpg