PDA

View Full Version : jetting 35mm pwk for trx250r

jhtrx250r
12-29-2009, 01:55 PM
hey guys!

Im helping a buddy out with the jetting on his 86 trx250r, its pretty much stock with a open air box and a K&N,boyson reeds and a FMF glod series pipe.
He missplaced his carb in a frame off and bought a 35mm PWK off EBAY, no idea what it came off, any one have a idea for base jetting at sea level? needle,main&pilot?

Thanks in advance james

bloodswet&gears
12-29-2009, 06:38 PM
is it standard or air striker? im not at sea level, but i have a 35 a/s and i had to drop the pilot to a 42 and the needle to a CEL. it was a 48 pilot and it would start without the starter valve, the idle set screw had to be in so far that it was probley on 1/16 or 1/8 throttle and moving the air screw didnt effect it. all this was fixed by dropping the pilot size down. tried a DEL needle. top to bottom with the clip then a CEL needle. runs alot better. too cold here for me to get out and tinker with it. like i said, this may not help you cause im around a 1000 above sea level i think and wasnt sure if you were workin with an a/s or standard 35. dynofox on here has been helping me so let us know what you come up with.

jhtrx250r
12-29-2009, 08:00 PM
Thanks,

This perticular carb is a standard 35 PWK, I have a 35 airstriker on my woods quad I think it has a DEK needle (center clip) a 48 pilot and a 162 main, the air striker has a diffent idle circut and the fins for low speed, so im not sure it would be the same?
any info helps

Thanks guys!

bloodswet&gears
12-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by jhtrx250r
Thanks,

This perticular carb is a standard 35 PWK, I have a 35 airstriker on my woods quad I think it has a DEK needle (center clip) a 48 pilot and a 162 main, the air striker has a diffent idle circut and the fins for low speed, so im not sure it would be the same?
any info helps

Thanks guys! sorry bout that. noticed alot of views but no replys. im not sure on that carb.