PDA

View Full Version : Would you buy a high quality steering stabilizer

tri5ron
12-29-2009, 01:18 AM
Just wondering if any other 250ex owners would be interested in buying a high quality steering stabilizer for their quad?

Are you frustrated that the only stabilizers available for the 250ex's are the stick type stabilizers?

well maybe if we all pull together, we might be able to get some high quality "Puck" or "Rotorary" stabilizers made, that are FAR superior to the stick styles, for just a few bucks more than the stick styles, (about $150), but are 1/3rd the cost of a Precision, or Elka stabilzer,
and trust me, they are just as good.

Many of us who ride other quads, (I ride a 400ex), have purchased a steering stabilizer that is custom made for various different quads, and are VERY happy with it.

here's a thread from the 400ex forums about this Custom CCP Steering Stabilizers, Read it and tell me what you think.
Obviously, when you read it, you will see my name come up often in the post's. I like mine THAT much, and it has saved my butt more than once. I want to try to get these things available for the 250ex's, and feel that if more people here were to contact the guy who builds these, we might be able to convince him to get one specifically fitted to our 250ex's.
Go read this thread, and tell me what you think, and if you'd buy one too.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349366

My wife rides a 250ex, and I would like to get the same thing for hers.
I have asked the maker of these stabilizers if he would be interested in producing the same thing, fitted to our 250ex's, and he did say that he would be willing to build them.

The biggest complaint my wife has with her quad is that her upper body, shoulders, and arms get sore from all of the bump-steer.
Sure I could eliminate it with a stick type stabilizer,....
But, I just don't like them at all. Most of them are not rebuildable, they can get bent in a rollover, and in my opinion, they look like junk.
These puck style stabilizers are SWEET!
They are rebuildable, they work FANTASTIC, they are not prone to getting damaged, they work BETTER than the stick types, and the look GREAT !

So what do you say guys,????
what do you think about these ????

would you buy one if they were available for our 250ex's???

maybe if enough of us contact him with requests to have one, we can convince him to build them for us.

his name is James Johnson, and his email is customcncparts@yahoo.com

he usually sells them on ebay, but I do know that he has done group buys for others in the past for some other people, with other quads.

Here's an example of one that he sells for the 400ex's

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/honda-TRX-400EX-steering-stabilizer-free-shipping_W0QQitemZ290385881112QQcmdZViewItemQQptZM otors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item439c58e818

and here is his profile

http://myworld.ebay.com/ebaymotors/custom-cnc-parts/

so what do you say guy's ???
how about contacting him, and asking him to start producing them for us ????

musky
12-29-2009, 06:51 AM
I would be interested in one. We had the stick style on my sons Mini quad & they were allright but didnt last long. We just purchased the 250ex for Xmas & plan on modding it out to the max for xc racing.

I have rode my buddies xc Ktm (Gncc xc2 champ) & I know that what ever stabalizer that Farr racing is using makes aworld of differance.
Keep us updated on what you figure out.

tri5ron
12-29-2009, 10:25 AM
my point in making this thread, is to try to get as many different people to contact him, and asking if he will build a mount/stabilizer for the 250ex.

please send him a request.
this way he will know that it is more than just one person wanting them. Hopefully that will motivate him into building a mount for his stabilizer to work on our 250ex's.

PLEASE, send a rquest to HIM with th links I provided.

if we all pull together, I'm sure he will respond.
Thanks,
Ron

rescuescrub
01-04-2010, 07:40 AM
I sent Mr Johnson an e-mail ...I have one on my ltr and its great....Keep you fingers crossed

tri5ron
03-02-2010, 01:13 PM
bump