PDA

View Full Version : broke my grab bar

tbrackman84
12-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I cracked it open at the very top of a rocky hill climb and my front tires bumped up off a rock and it went back on the grab bar, it hooked a rock and well the picture shows what happened. Needless to say, i bought a subframe off ebay to replace it.

atv fan 28
12-28-2009, 09:11 PM
i did almost the same thing on my old 400ex. instead of buying a new sub frame, i took some old u-bolts with a diameter that would barely fit in the tubing and stuck it all the way up in the grab bar to where it bends and left about 4 or 5 inches hanging out. then i stuck what was hanging out of the grab bar into the subframe. welded it up, grinded the welds, and painted it. you could barely tell it had been broken. after that i didnt worry about it breaking again!

400exrider707
12-28-2009, 09:58 PM
You could have also just fabbed up mounts for an aftermarket aluminum grab bar, so you dont have to replace the subframe every time you go over backwards...

speedfreek
12-29-2009, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
You could have also just fabbed up mounts for an aftermarket aluminum grab bar, so you dont have to replace the subframe every time you go over backwards... I broke mine too. I just welded a BETTER grab bar than factory onto the frame. It looks better too. Also made it longer so I don't flip when wheeling!

tbrackman84
12-29-2009, 05:50 PM
yeah i ordered the replacement one but when i put that one on and get the broken one off, im gonna get it welded with smaller tube inside the break and larger tube outside the break. Then ill have a second one if i need it.