PDA

View Full Version : holeshot device

XcYFZRacer
12-28-2009, 07:40 AM
I was working on a friend of mines RMZ450 Dirt bike and he had a holeshot device on his front shocks that you compress the shock down and push in on a button. It holds the front wheel down at take off to keep from wheeleing of the line. It releases when you break in the first turn, and the shock returns back to normal. I had the bright idea that this may work on my Custom Axis Pro-Air's where they dont have coil overs. Has anyone herd or seen these used on atv with Axis, Fox or some other shock without coil overs?

daddio
12-28-2009, 07:49 AM
Try the search function..........
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=418747&perpage=10&pagenumber=1

I used a motorcycle style HS device to make a bracket that fit our Fox Evols, but I didn't have anough clearance between the shock and our Holz a-arms when I went to install it.
We are now using the Idolspeed unit, and we are very happy with it, but it is a bit expensive.

motardracer
12-30-2009, 05:43 AM
You already have axis pro airs, did you look into their holeshot device??

These guys are using it, and love how it works:

Originally posted by Adrenalin ATV
We have been using the holeshot system for over a month now on our Pro MX riders bike running Custom Axis Pro-Airs and X-Link set up. Its awesome!! Theres no other word. Its amazing how something so simple can make such a difference. Our pro rider is very lite in weight and was suffering from front lift when the gate dropped, but last week at a Regional MX race he holeshotted 3 out of 3 motos by 3-4 bike lengths!! For the small additional cost its well worth having if you want to be the first guy into the corner.

hybrid.mx.11
12-31-2009, 02:17 AM
not kiddin ^ got to custom axis they have the upgrade for ur shocks .....