PDA

View Full Version : ouch. no fun!!

preddy brian
12-27-2009, 04:10 PM
This has got to be the most boring Christmas shutdown from work. About a week ago I pulled something in my back getting out of my car at work (so I thought). Last Sat I went to my doctor and he gave me pain pills (thank God) for pain, muscle relaxers, and anti-inflamatory pilss. Also wanted x-rays to be sure that was all. Well, he called on Wed and wanted me come in to discuss my x-rays. I knew since they wanted me to come in and wouldn't tell me anything on the phone that its not good. When I go in, he tells me that I have a hairline fracture in one of my vertebrea. I've been working with this for a week. Thank heavens that I get a week and a half off for shutdown. Just get to spend it laying around.
Can't get our quads out or even clean the garage. The wife won't let me do anything. I can't even play the Wii with my boy.
Can't wait to be back to normal and not hurting so I can go outside to have fun in the snow.

One_Bad_400
12-27-2009, 04:17 PM
ouch, i compressed and fractured one of my vertebrea's a couple of years ago, had to walk around in a body case thing for a few months. good luck on the recovery

preddy brian
12-27-2009, 04:50 PM
Thanks.
The worst part is that it really doesn't hurt too bad most of the time, but I nknow if I do something stupid that I'll really be hurting.
It started snowing here this afternoon, so now I'm really depressed. I want to go out ride so bad.

KXRida
12-27-2009, 04:54 PM
I fractured T7, T9, and L1 and Compression fractured T7 through L1 in May of 2007. Take it easy, get plenty of rest, follow what your doctor says (follow up with a neurosurgeon if nessicary), and stay off the bike. I didn't have any real after effects until this summer. Now it's getting to me. From my severe compression fractures my discs are slightly rubbing and causing me my pain. The neurosurgeon and I are debating a kyphoplasty.

gcart2
12-27-2009, 06:26 PM
I did something to my ankle a while back.

Riding my first lap around a pretty tight track. lots of turns into jumps into turns etc. anyways i was warmin up the bike. one lap around and went for a quick little double. idk 60 feet or so. i did the last little "burp" of the throttle on the face of the take off and it stalled. nose dive. i jumped over the handlebars and landed on my feet on the face of the landing ramp. my ankles compressed bad, face hit my knees, split my tounge, and then the quad hit me and knocked my *** over the ramp.

Ankles both swelled up pretty rough. i was okay though. went home took a bath and stayed off of them for a few days. seemed okay. but now, like once a week, it feels like its twisted again, but it gets worst. random swelling. i guess its time i get it checked out.

edit: only my right one randomly hurts. left is fine.

KXRida
12-27-2009, 06:45 PM
My ankles are pretty rough too. Broke my left one 5 times and the right one 4 times. The left one has 2 pins and 4 screws. The worst was breaking them both at once. It laid me up in a wheel chair for a few months. Then again the one break was my own stupidity. Was out of a cast for 2 days and wanted to run a double points race. Didn't turn out to be such a good idea.

rodeo#11
12-27-2009, 07:30 PM
i bruised my lower spine and tore all the muscles in my lower back in a quad wreck about a year ago.. talk about a boring month, i did nothing but sit around and watch cops for days on end...good luck to ya buddy and a speedy recovery!

preddy brian
12-31-2009, 11:39 AM
Went to doctor this morning. He said that it looks like it is healing and getting better, but to keep taking it easy for at least 2 more weeks. I'll go back to him them and hopefully get good news (fully healed) hopefully.
Still can't get out and ride in the snow.