PDA

View Full Version : computer/digital camera help needed

tri5ron
12-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Well I apparently succeeded in commiting a MAJOR Brain Fart, and want to know if there is a way to fix/retrieve it.

I some how seem to have unintentionaly deleted practically ALL of the photo's from my SD card, and I'm talking about almost all of the pics/vids of the kids opening their Christmas gifts, as well as many other shots I had taken that I had not yet saved to photobucket, or anywhere else.

I am by no means a computer guru, and could use some help.
I know that on a regular computer file, when you delete it, it dose not really go away, but rather it is just "unlocked" and can be written over. in other words, it's still there up to, and until it is written over with other new data.

I am wondering if this is the same case with the memory card, (SD card), on my digital camera, AND if so,.. can the pics that were there, can still be retrieved by some one with more computer skills than me?

My card DID have something like 3gb of pics on it, (it's a 8gb card), but after I tried to burn a bunch of stuff to a CD-R disk, it now shows as only 300something mb's used, with over 6gb's now available.

(and NO, it did not all get burned to the CD,... I already checked that)

so are they still retriveable, or are all of my Christmas pics lost forever?

any help here will be greatly appreciated.

-Ron

elite ATV1
12-27-2009, 02:47 PM
Go here http://download.cnet.com/Smart-Data-Recovery/3000-2094_4-10510420.html?tag=mncol

download that and fallow the directions:macho