PDA

View Full Version : Just got the Outlaw MXR and have some questions...

bansheewild88
12-27-2009, 01:20 PM
Okay i just bought a 2008 Polaris Outlaw 450 mxr from a local dealership here and i love the handling and the ktm engine is a great plus... I have had a LTR and a KFX 450 and this bike imo is well worth what i paid for.. Its alot faster then the kfx stock a little slower then the ltr, but alot better handling then both of them.. Im a woods rider who races gncc and harescrambles. The thing is though what are some good parts for this bike? I heard hmf is a good pipe for this bike, but i am personally a yoshi guy.. Also what would be some good mods for this bike that anyone can recommend. From what i can tell all i really feel i need to do is change the sprockets out the handlebars, nerfbars, and pipe and i should be good, probably jetting and intake kit. Anyone know of a good intake kit out there? and anything they could tell me about the bike, theres not that much info out there on it..

woods racer 34
12-28-2009, 05:55 PM
The HMF exhaust works great on these bikes. It lets the bike breath on top. Things I would change immediately are the wheel bearings. The stock ones are cheap Chinese bearings and will wear out after a couple rides and cause major damage if not replaced. Rocky Mountain ATV has some replacement bearing kits already made for this ATV. Another issue are cracks along the fender seams. I would build a brace for the rear fenders to beef up the black plastic brace and cut the front fenders down where they flex less, especially if you race in the woods/GNCC's (Mine cracked first race at the Georgia GNCC this year). Other than these few things, the 450 is one of the best equipped stock quads out there and a real potent woods machine.

bansheewild88
12-28-2009, 05:59 PM
are there any good intake kits as well for this bike? other then just a kandn airfilter... and what jets would u recommend using if i upgrade the intake and exhaust. im used to fuel injection and power commanders never really worked with carbs..

mascoma14
12-29-2009, 04:51 PM
i would contact southside sales they know a ton about these outlaws from building them for the last 2 years and they might be able to answer some of your questions

dcc1089
12-30-2009, 08:47 AM
Check out polarisriders.com for A LOT of Outlaw information.

somewon
01-02-2010, 05:46 PM
There is a ton of information on this site as well if you search for what your after.

Jetting: the JD kit works great, just follow the recommended specs and your golden.

The stock intake on the 450 is a little restrictive, you should be able to search and see what some of the solutions have been.

As far as the pipe goes if your after a slip-on I think it's all personal perferance.

I run the AC racing blackline nerfs and they are great.

You mention your going to run harescrambles and GNCC, I assume you know the stock tires aren't going to get you very far.