PDA

View Full Version : Weird topic, anyone have a roomba vaccuum?

derekhonda
12-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey guys, just lookin for some non biased feedback. I'm a single male, as typical, i don't like cleaning. I just put down 750 sq feet of hardwood, and they suck to keep clean. Anyone have one of those roomba hardwood vaccuums? Seems awesome to turn it on when i leave for work and come home to a clean kitchen living room and office?

Thanks.

ridered11
12-27-2009, 12:34 PM
My buddy has one for their hardwood floors, it works great for dog hair. They're pretty cool to watch too, definitely cool technology.

yellowzo3
12-27-2009, 01:11 PM
Hardwood floors are the easiest to keep clean if you have any sort of hygiene. Get a dry dust mop and just go over it every couple days and mop everything into a little pile and vacuum or scoop it up.

Those little robot vacuums are good though. Everyone seems to be pleased with theirs. But if you spill soda or something on the floor you're still going to have to wash it by hand anyway... I guess if they're not too much money then go for it. Don't they do carpet too?

Pappy
12-27-2009, 01:15 PM
I habe one that does floors, walls, windows and ceilings...her name is Bridget:devil:

ngates788
12-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
I habe one that does floors, walls, windows and ceilings...her name is Bridget:devil:

hahahah

derekhonda
12-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by yellowzo3
Hardwood floors are the easiest to keep clean if you have any sort of hygiene. Get a dry dust mop and just go over it every couple days and mop everything into a little pile and vacuum or scoop it up.

Those little robot vacuums are good though. Everyone seems to be pleased with theirs. But if you spill soda or something on the floor you're still going to have to wash it by hand anyway... I guess if they're not too much money then go for it. Don't they do carpet too?

Trust me, I am a very clean person, but that doesn't mean i like cleaning. And I have a dry dust mop and a swiffer, but I don't like spending 30-40 minutes doing it every other day. And when things get spilt, they get cleaned up. I just want something to make it easier. And pappy, I'm not ready to upgrade to a model of that sort, simply too expensive.

BlaineKaiser450
12-27-2009, 01:54 PM
My family has had a few. They're pretty cool. Its especially funny when it chases the cats and dog around hahaha

buck440
12-27-2009, 05:10 PM
hay ngates788 can you direct me to the thread that is in your sig?:D

ngates788
12-28-2009, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by buck440
hay ngates788 can you direct me to the thread that is in your sig?:D

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=413178&highlight=dirtking

Sjorge450R
12-28-2009, 05:37 PM
we have one and we use it for excatly what you are trying to do with it. Works great and once its starts, it just does its own thing. Just get one with dock because it sucks having to plug it in when its done.

Plus, the docking one will return to the dock when it is done cleaning, where as the other one just stops where its at. gotta look for it sometimes.

derekhonda
12-28-2009, 06:15 PM
Do you happen to know which roomba you guys have or have seen work well?

http://www.robotreviews.com/buy/roomba

I was thinking about the 416 cause It's relatively new and one of their cheaper units, but it does not have the charging station...

The roomba scheduler is the cheapest unit wih the self charger ($50 bucks more than the 416), I may look into that more. Anyone have any help or advice??

Thanks